• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    I went in and looked at some knives and had never seen the Benchmade 482. I asked to see it and the guy at the counter starts spatting on about how Benchmades are high quality and all have 440 steel blades. I have a look on my face to see if he is serious about this and he sticks with it. I say "well I don't know about all of them but this one is S30V and I know my mini grip is 154CM". He just has a blank look on his face when I point to the steel marking on the blade and he says yea that's 440. Yea somehow S30V laser etched on the blade is pronounced 440!?!?

I just thanked him and walked away. My wife (who doesn't know knives) says "I'm sure you could get a holiday job here if you want"

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    But if you got a job there and attempted to explain the differences in steel you would get almost nothing but deer in the headlights looks from most customers. Trust me.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Get on their email list and watch for specials. I do that with Cabelas, Sportsman Guide and others. I'm a big eBay fan and have found some good prices there. Sometimes even on Amazon, or just use a search engine for said item for sale.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Another reason to visit your local gun and knife shop.

When money is an issue for someone like me to go driving around searching is not an option. With todays tech I'd rather shop from home and I'm sure having the local shops put their wares online is not an option for most of them, but then again it is 2015.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Could always call the local shops to see what they have in stock and their price? Party like its 1990!

I did that this week when looking for a Glock 43. Saves me gas money and time.

Klbeeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Wabas
    As stated before the techs in these stores are just hired hands claiming to know it all, and to someone that is new to knives, guns, fishing equip. They sound believable. Do your research before you purchase and you'll learn way more info. And get into arguments with the "techs".lol

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I bought an Izula 2 from them only because I had a $50 gift card for Cabela's and another $25 visa gift card. It still cost $20 out of my pocket but whatever, I couldn't spend it elsewhere and hate to have money left on those cards :):.

Their prices are quite high on most everything compared to other places but that's most retail versus online for you.

They had an ESEE Junglas marked for over $200 which can be had for around $155 -$170 online with free shipping.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I just wait for the 1500, pay the $11 to have the opportunity to talk to Brad, Sheila and Dean, handle 30% of their inventory, and buy it from them. Their prices are as good as any you'll find, and it's good to know your money is going to good folks.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Oh - and if you're "waited on" by Bruce at the knife counter at Cabela's... He's good people. Very very good people.

He may not know a whole heck of a lot about knives, but that doesn't stop him from being good people.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I just wait for the 1500, pay the $11 to have the opportunity to talk to Brad, Sheila and Dean, handle 30% of their inventory, and buy it from them. Their prices are as good as any you'll find, and it's good to know your money is going to good folks.

Thanks!! Dont forget I even occasionally sharpen a knife or something lol.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    The key to buying a knife at a place like Cabelas, is patience. Go to cabelas and fondle them. Once you find the one want, write down the model number and leave the store. Now call up brad and buy it a whole lot cheaper than cabelas. Problem solved. If you are patient enough to wait a couple days to get it.

I agree 100%. And why is anyone talking about buying an ESEE from anyone other than our own Knife Lady?????

Last edited:
    Top Bottom