• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    Mcguire AFB NJ
    Im sure there is another thread about this. Just couldn't find it. I am new to knives and want to start sharpening my own, I was wondering what some of the best techniques are ( If there is a single one) i have a couple stones and have had a couple pointers but just wanted to see what everyone on here has to say about it. Thanks alot .

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I had tyler do mine.

1. i didnt wanna spend the money on a great sharpener set thats hundreds of dollars.

2. i didnt feel like doing it when I could just pay him to do it.

3. I knew the end result would be great.

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    I'd like to see if it will touch your PM2:):

Yeah...not sure the sharpmaker will even scratch the surface of CTS-20CP

It works best on the softer stuff for sure. I have had good results on stuff like O1 and 154CM... up to about S30V then it starts to get tedious to get an edge.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Spyderco 'Sharp Maker' is the industry standard for sharpeners. There is no other "sharpening system" that can get a knife as sharp as easily. Knives up to S30V @ 60 hrc are quite easy. Harder steels can take some time to reach their zenith, but that's true on any system.

Can you get a good knife sharper than what you could on a 'Sharp Maker'? Yes, but it would require years of practice with expensive traditional Arkansas stones and a leather strop.

The 'Sharp Maker' can be had NIB for $50, and it takes 15 minutes to learn how to get your knives so sharp they will scare people. IMO no other equipment can touch it for the price, or the time investment.

Top Bottom