Koran Burner fired from his JOB (Violation of 1A?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    But I NEED to be married to someone, and I'm super ugly, I smell, and I have a bad disposition. In fact, I'm monumentally unlovable. That means I don't choose my spouse, and if she leaves me it's tyranny.

OK dross. Here you go, til suicide do you commit.

attachment.php

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Your need for a paycheck doesn't give you power over me.

You didn't answer my question. There are situations where the guy who works for the employer is the key to the business. Is it tyranny if he leaves his job for a non-work related reason and that causes the guy to lose his business?

My experience has been one that, that the almighty buck is more powerful than any other issue.

If I pay you good, you are a good employee, and I find out something I disprove of you, politically or socially, that is an of injustice.

My firing you, would not only effect you, but those you are charged with supporting.

You mean to tell me you would sit there and "take it"? I doubt it, but assumptions are the mother of all b****s, but you dont seem like a "take it" kind of guy.

The Govt has effected that it can hire "pick" it's employees based not on merit, but quotas; Now the Govt can fire someone on an issue unrelated.

THIS IS AN ACT OF INTIMIDATION. If I was a communist, and paid good, in a field you chose, and once again, I find out you are a Tea partier, firing you would be an act of intimidation, but also an act of injustice.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    But I NEED to be married to someone, and I'm super ugly, I smell, and I have a bad disposition. In fact, I'm monumentally unlovable. That means I don't choose my spouse, and if she leaves me it's tyranny.

You might have to hook up with Fletch after all.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My experience has been one that, that the almighty buck is more powerful than any other issue.

If I pay you good, you are a good employee, and I find out something I disprove of you, politically or socially, that is an of injustice.

My firing you, would not only effect you, but those you are charged with supporting.

You mean to tell me you would sit there and "take it"? I doubt it, but assumptions are the mother of all b****s, but you dont seem like a "take it" kind of guy.

The Govt has effected that it can hire "pick" it's employees based not on merit, but quotas; Now the Govt can fire someone on an issue unrelated.

THIS IS AN ACT OF INTIMIDATION. If I was a communist, and paid good, in a field you chose, and once again, I find out you are a Tea partier, firing you would be an act of intimidation, but also an act of injustice.

First, answer my question about the employee who is so key to the business the business counts on him to survive.

Second, a quote from Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged:

"The rotter who simpers that he sees no difference between the power of the whip and the power of the dollar ought to learn the difference on his own hide."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    First, answer my question about the employee who is so key to the business the business counts on him to survive.

Second, a quote from Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged:

"The rotter who simpers that he sees no difference between the power of the whip and the power of the dollar ought to learn the difference on his own hide."

I gave my answer. It may not be the one you want, but it's what you got.

Most people seek the job for money, based on skills/knowledge they have. Not because they like they're bosses.

Bad bosses will rule the roost, and the employee with either 1). Put up & shut up, or quit and go through the process.

Sorry, intimidation in it's purest.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I gave my answer. It may not be the one you want, but it's what you got.

Most people seek the job for money, based on skills/knowledge they have. Not because they like they're bosses.

Bad bosses will rule the roost, and the employee with either 1). Put up & shut up, or quit and go through the process.

Sorry, intimidation in it's purest.

No you didn't answer. I didn't ask about MOST people. I asked if your principle, when applied to a situation where the role was reversed, still applies. Man up and answer my scenario.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    No you didn't answer. I didn't ask about MOST people. I asked if your principle, when applied to a situation where the role was reversed, still applies. Man up and answer my scenario.

This comparative is apples and oranges, IMO. Do I think a man is ought be stuck with one employer, heck no. However, if he quits he is afforded the right - Which is usually going to be work related on some level.

Now, let's no play hypotheticals, and throw out analogies that bare no weight to the OP.

A man was fired for saying what he believes.

The employer (Govt) proved it's against his 1A when it did so

And sent a message to other employees, you speak up and you are grass (intimidation)

Top Bottom