Koran Burner fired from his JOB (Violation of 1A?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    You are equating the burning of a koran as merely "burning a book". What would your opinion be if a soldier burnt a flag? Would it be just "burning a piece of cloth"?

I dont agree with burning a book or a flag. I think it is in bad taste to destroy something so important to someone else. It is a freedom I would rather not see someone partake in. If it was my employee, I would have discussed with my employee how disappointed I was with his decision. I would also make it known to my employee that I would appreciate it if he/ she would make sure that they do not associate their actions with my company.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    No he shouldn't. You can still pursue your happiness at a number of different endeavours.

You don't HAVE to have a job where someone pays you.

Like I said before, if you don't want to be fired, then you have to play by the boss's rules.

Why anyone would WANT to work for a boss like that is beyond me though.

Don't like the rules, go work someplace where the rules fit your lifestyle.

I wish I lived in your world.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Why shouldnt an employee be allowed to sue some jerk that works in a company that fired him during his pursuit of happiness? If this were a perfect world you would be making a valid point. I dont want to seems dismissive ....
    The point is you have to have a job. What I do when I am not at work is my business. It is called freedom. It is not freedom as long as your boss doesnt find out or someone doesnt say anything.
    I guess I see it as there is an agreement between my employer and I to work. When I applied for the job, there wasnt a clause saying,i could and could not do what or pursue whatever makes me happy in my free time.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO A JOB ANYWHERE IN AMERICA. This statement is EXACTLY why we are in the straits we're in.

Unless you are in a indentured sevitude relationship, you can quit whenever you want. Your employer should be able to fire you whenever they want.

Loyalty exists until next payday. Nothing more, nothing less.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    'meh it's not that hard. Anything you want to learn is available on that computer thingy you're sitting in front of. Get good enough at it, and someone will pay you to do it.

You can even pay yourself to do it.

Wish it was that easy. See, I chose a profession to help all of the fools that spend their whole lives destroying their bodies. I include myself.
    I get to see the families that take advantage of the system, get left out of the system, and just dont know what the system is supposed to be. I get to see the joy of birth and the sadness and despair of death. I get to be your teacher, advocate, and friend for as long,as you bless me with your company while you are a patient in,the hospital.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO A JOB ANYWHERE IN AMERICA. This statement is EXACTLY why we are in the straits we're in.

Unless you are in a indentured sevitude relationship, you can quit whenever you want. Your employer should be able to fire you whenever they want.

Loyalty exists until next payday. Nothing more, nothing less.

Please read my post. You have to have a job to not be a servant of the government. You can nit pick my posts if that is what makes you giggle.
    If you believe what comes out of your mouth, quit your job.
    Lose everything.
    Explain your kids why you cant feed, clothe them, or provide for them. Until you get there, your blowing smoke.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You're working under the wrong assumptions.

The constitution is there to restrict government from making laws. That is the main and only purpose of the document.

It's not there to protect your job.

Laws that attempt to govern behavior are ineffectual.

The only laws necessary are those that cover victims deprived of Life, liberty, or property.

The Constitution is a set of rules to govern behavior, thus ineffectual. That's what you're saying. So why have it?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    LOL!
    I dont believe in being entitled to a job. If my performance at work blows, fire me!
    You also need to leave me alone when I am on my time.

You're not entitled to the job. If you work for government, you're entitled to not be fired for reasons that conflict with the Constitution.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I guess no one gets to see what losing a job can do to a person or a family.
    Pfft. Been there, done that, got a whole set of matching t-shirts. In some cases it was my fault, in some cases it was the fault of others, but each time I learned something and came out better than before. Did it suck? Abso-****ing-lutely. But I lived through it and homelessness and all of the **** that goes along with it, and I'm stronger as a result. America needs more people that can roll with a punch, and less people who have to cling to their boss's coattails.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Please read my post. You have to have a job to not be a servant of the government. You can nit pick my posts if that is what makes you giggle.
    If you believe what comes out of your mouth, quit your job.
    Lose everything.
    Explain your kids why you cant feed, clothe them, or provide for them. Until you get there, your blowing smoke.

Let's see. I've had about 15 jobs in 30 years. I've never been fired, so that means I quit at least 14 times. I've packed my stuff, walked out and not returned three times. I've never applied for unemployment or any other servant of the government payoffs. I've had to eat into savings and curtailed my spending habits but have never looked at any job as something I had to do otherwise I would die. Something about don't worry and birds (can't travel this road any further lest I fall in disfavor with the mods). :rules::mods:

It's not about nit picking posts. It's about taking care of yourself. I haven't asked anyone to take care of me since I was a kid. Have I gotten help? Yes. Have I from time to time needed help? Sure. But I don't think I'm entitled to anything. Including the next breath I take.

I'm an evil business owner now. My current business, in operation for over 5 years, has taken some major hits since becaming the Obamination. It's probably not going to make it another 90 days. That's OK. I'm starting a new business to capitalize on the current economic climate. One door closes, another one opens.

Most people do what they're told to do when they're told to do it. Some people chase dreams. Few people make their own dreams. I prefer to be a dream maker.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I think CarmelHP has succinctly stated the root of the issue here. I think this is absolutely correct.
    And just to be clear, I think it's an eminently reasonable position to take. I just can't bring myself to fully embrace it for reasons I've already stated in various ways.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    They dont have to but they cant take your personal time and use it against you as a condition of your employment

If it's my business, conducted on my property, at a job that wouldn't even exist if I hadn't created it out of my hard work and financial risk, why can't I set any conditions I want for who I pay?

You are free to work anywhere else that someone will hire you. If you don't like my policies, feel free to sell your labor elsewhere. What is it you say? Jobs are hard to come by? The economy is tough? Why should your limitations be a lien against my freedom to do what I wish with my own property?

Or better yet, why don't you take the money you've saved at hard sacrifice, risk it in a business venture, work day and night for very little like the hypothetical me did, and build your own business and set your own policies?

A job is just a form of free association. Either party should be able to end that association without harm. Or maybe I should be able to sue employees who quit their jobs without a good reason. Yep, that's it. Let's make it fair. I can only fire employees for a good reason or be subject to legal action. Employees can only quit for a good reason or they face the same penalties.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Would those of you who oppose his firing feel the same way if he were fired for burning an American flag at a war protest on his own time?

Top Bottom