Kosciusko County Bounty Hunter shootout.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Coincidentally also real close to location where 15 year old & 12 year old friend shot and killed father a couple years ago that has garnered all the press reports ( local & national).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If "bounty hunters" approach me and attempt to detain me for a warrant, what gives them the authority to do so?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a friend that is a bail bondsman, and he told me he checks in with the local Police before grabbing "Skips". He's good at "talking them off the ledge" w/o needing force.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Seems to me, the bounty hunters succeeded where the cops failed in '09.:dunno:

How is it that you can be involved in a shootout with police in '09, and in '14, be out on bail after being charged with resisting LEO and battery?

One less thug walkin the streets... Wait, can I call a middle aged white dude a thug?:popcorn:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Firstly... I thought Enchanted Hills was in Syracuse. (Isn't that where the Playhouse used to be?)
    Secondly... if bounty hunters are licensed by the state, why do they have a right to go into a home without a warrant if cops licensed by the state don't?
    Thirdly, (note to all bounty hunters) double check your address before you storm a castle... if you're wrong, you might be dead wrong.

Bounty hunters are not police officers but are considered "public servants" licensed by the state of Indiana. While police officers cannot enter a private residence without a warrant, bounty hunters do have that power, according to Curtis Stavedahl, owner of Ace Bail Bonds in Warsaw.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Firstly... I thought Enchanted Hills was in Syracuse. (Isn't that where the Playhouse used to be?)
    Secondly... if bounty hunters are licensed by the state, why do they have a right to go into a home without a warrant if cops licensed by the state don't?
    Thirdly, (note to all bounty hunters) double check your address before you storm a castle... if you're wrong, you might be dead wrong.

Do bounty hunters have qualified immunity when they get it wrong?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom