Kroger: Brisket for $1.99/lb until Tuesday midnight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    What is a rain check? They did not offer me that

my wife brought home a small-ish one. Did not have enough room at work fridge for the big one

A rain check is a voucher places sometimes will give you when something on sale sells out that still guarantees you the sale price no matter when they get more back in. Ask for it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only brisket I've cooked up to this point has been corned beef brisket. DoggyMama has been wanting me to make beef jerky again. Would brisket make good jerky? And no, I'm not going to use the whole brisket for jerky, since that seems like it would be sacrilege. I've been wanting to smoke one for a long time.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    :laugh:

You being baffled by rainchecks is adorable...

No, it’s just a piece of paper stating they were out of a sale item and agree to honor the sale price when they have more in stock, even after the sale has ended. No money is exchanged.

Not baffled, just want to be educated. What’s t stop you from getting 10 coupons and selling them later? That’ why I assumed you had to pay. Be careful, they told me the ones they got in were six times their usual size. You may get the small one with that coupon.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The only brisket I've cooked up to this point has been corned beef brisket. DoggyMama has been wanting me to make beef jerky again. Would brisket make good jerky? And no, I'm not going to use the whole brisket for jerky, since that seems like it would be sacrilege. I've been wanting to smoke one for a long time.
    That's not sacrilege; I plan on using the Texas crutch later on. To a purist, *that's* sacrilege!

Put the cow chest on at 4:15 this morning. Here's the status at the 4 hour mark:
    d2f02aac7072f4bd97aa81b8c4eccd04.jpg
    4da81d9fe2827725bd2f748f73c391f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Not baffled, just want to be educated. What’s t stop you from getting 10 coupons and selling them later? That’ why I assumed you had to pay. Be careful, they told me the ones they got in were six times their usual size. You may get the small one with that coupon.
    I’ve never heard of selling rain checks, but I suppose it is possible. This is the first time I’ve ever seen whole briskets at Kroger, they usually just sell a trimmed little piece of flat. If they don’t come back into stock, I’m going to ask the guys at the meat counter to order some whole packers.

I generally don’t fire up the smoker unless there’s at least 30 pounds of meat inside.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got two! About 32 lbs... :rockwoot: I didn't take a cart, and I must say that this was the first time I've had to sling meat over my shoulder to carry it through the store. :):

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’ve never heard of selling rain checks, but I suppose it is possible. This is the first time I’ve ever seen whole briskets at Kroger, they usually just sell a trimmed little piece of flat. If they don’t come back into stock, I’m going to ask the guys at the meat counter to order some whole packers.

I generally don’t fire up the smoker unless there’s at least 30 pounds of meat inside.

3 fridges, 4 freezers, and now this?? Dang Fargo, do you live in a restaurant?? :faint:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    3 fridges, 4 freezers, and now this?? Dang Fargo, do you live in a restaurant?? :faint:

It feels like it sometimes. Average dinner meal is for 10-12, tomorrow will be around 50 for a get together.

I also "cater" a decent number of events for friends and family each year since I have a pretty high volume set up and enjoy doing it. As a general rule I like to make very large quantities so there are leftovers that can be vac sealed and tossed in the freezer so that my wife has easy dinners to make on days where things get out of hand.

I will probably go to Mass this evening and do 40 lbs of brisket overnight tonight.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Kroger at 10th and Shadeland(bout half mile from my abode) had about 12 in the end freezer 15 minutes ago. Last I checked, they are down to bout 9. Spare pork ribs were 1.79. Diet Mt Dew.....$1 each for 5. $140 total. On my way out, I got a scratch-off and won $40. Uncle Ben Franklin went a long way this morning!

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Oh yeah...... I have been wanting to try my skill on brisket with my Traeger, but I didn't want to practice on a $65 hunk of beef. Now I feel better about it. Thank OP!

Top Bottom