• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Better get your Kroger gas before Friday! There very well could be a line of cars all day Friday at the gas stations, as Indiana gas tax increase takes effect Saturday. Just in time for 4th of July!!! It is only ten cents, and the price around here varies a lot more than that from week to week, but since it is a "tax" increase, I expect panic will set in on Friday.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Don't forget to get a crystal clear mental image. That you can never, ever un-see.

I think it might be because I have a Kroger VISA card.

That would be stressful.

Yes. You need a Kroger loyalty card or a Kroger VISA (which doubles as a loyalty card). Every dollar you spend at Kroger (with some exceptions, but gift cards do count), you get one point. Each hundred points gets you an additional ten cent discount per gallon up to 35 gallons. You also get points for filling prescriptions (that can add up fast) and during the summer, if you use the coupon in the flyer, you get double points on Friday - Sunday. I had a big discount this month because of prescription refills and doing our shopping on weekends with the coupon for double points.

ETA, for those not "in the know", Kroger and most of it's affiliated brands that have fuel stations offer "fuel points". Generally this means for every dollar spent you earn a point, but on giftcards you get double-points, and in the summer, if you have the coupon added to your account those points are doubled again on the weekend (inc Fridays). This means double points on food and quadruple points on gift-cards. Then you use the fuel points for discounts on fuel. When fueling, if you have points it will prompt you, "use no points and still get $0.03 off", "use 100 points for $0.10 off", or "use all points for $X off". When using fuel points you can purchase up to 35 gallons of fuel. The best deal is to allow your points to accumulate throughout the entire month, then bring gas-cans and use all of your points and buy the maximum amount of gas.

I left with just over 30 gal, which means I $25.50 for the purchase. I need the fuel anyway and Kroger is usually among the lower priced vendors in Crawfordsville. So that's over $25 in my pocket for something I had to buy anyway.

Down here we get "surveys" on the Jay C (Kroger in disguise) receipt which gets you another 50 points; you can take as many surveys as you want but you can only get the 50 points once in a 7-day period. It's not uncommon for me to get 5-800 points in the summers if I stay diligent on taking the survey every 7 days and only do our shopping on the weekends (double-points). I have been one of the Kroger gas-can people for a few years now. I will wait until my car is low, fill it up and put the rest in cans to go home and add to my stores...

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Indeed I did! 2014 Chevy Traverse. Some call them SUVs or crossovers, but let admit it: it's a station wagon.

Here it is.....:)

a11fa225280c03363555412a240d6ba2--national-lampoons-vacation-station-wagon.jpg

I can not believe someone buit one and it WAS NOT Rhino....Or was it????

truckster-7.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm sorry Rhino. I clicked on this thread thinking "Why the hell is Rhino standing in front of Krogers with a gas can and what does his cardboard sign say?

That's the way I read it too. As a parking lot panhandler with gas can.

"Run out of gas." "Just trying to get back home." "A dollar, even some change..."

My first thoughts:

I'm sorry, I cannot help you sir!!!

left-hand.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm sorry Rhino. I clicked on this thread thinking "Why the hell is Rhino standing in front of Krogers with a gas can and what does his cardboard sign say?

Well, I do that also, but that's a different topic!

Better get your Kroger gas before Friday! There very well could be a line of cars all day Friday at the gas stations, as Indiana gas tax increase takes effect Saturday. Just in time for 4th of July!!! It is only ten cents, and the price around here varies a lot more than that from week to week, but since it is a "tax" increase, I expect panic will set in on Friday.

"Only"?

I suppose it could be worse (and of course it will increase over time), but it's going to hurt those of us who have to drive a lot.

Down here we get "surveys" on the Jay C (Kroger in disguise) receipt which gets you another 50 points; you can take as many surveys as you want but you can only get the 50 points once in a 7-day period. It's not uncommon for me to get 5-800 points in the summers if I stay diligent on taking the survey every 7 days and only do our shopping on the weekends (double-points). I have been one of the Kroger gas-can people for a few years now. I will wait until my car is low, fill it up and put the rest in cans to go home and add to my stores...

It's Payless in Lafayette.

I forgot about the surveys . . . SWMBO does those too. It adds-up!

Or the minivan of crossovers...

I drove a Plymouth Voyager from 1987 to 2002!

Here it is.....:)

I can not believe someone buit one and it WAS NOT Rhino....Or was it????

I couldn't afford the wood paneling!

That's the way I read it too. As a parking lot panhandler with gas can.

"Run out of gas." "Just trying to get back home." "A dollar, even some change..."

My first thoughts:

I'm sorry, I cannot help you sir!!!

HAH! It's a living.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I used to take both cars to maximize the savings potential. Since buying my truck I no longer have that issue. It has a 38 gallon tank so if i'm on empty I have to start a new transaction.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    End up with 1,000 fuel points yesterday after stocking up on meat for summer cook-outs and pool-parties. I beared the lines and got my ful 35 gallons for $0.97... cheapest gas I've ever bought...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    End up with 1,000 fuel points yesterday after stocking up on meat for summer cook-outs and pool-parties. I beared the lines and got my ful 35 gallons for $0.97... cheapest gas I've ever bought...

Don't forget about gift cards and that they sometimes have 4x points. My wife keeps track of these specials and she'll stock up on restaurant gift cards for birthday presents, etc. And yeah, if I know we've got a $1 off per gallon, I take can(s) too. It's lawn mowing season and it'll get used up pretty quickly.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Don't forget about gift cards and that they sometimes have 4x points. My wife keeps track of these specials and she'll stock up on restaurant gift cards for birthday presents, etc. And yeah, if I know we've got a $1 off per gallon, I take can(s) too. It's lawn mowing season and it'll get used up pretty quickly.

Yep. The GC always get 2x points, but there are frequently 4x promos. We don't buy them just for the points, but if you're going to go to a restaurant anyway, why not buy a GC for it and also get the fuel points?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Just a curious question? Why do people think they need to use all their points at once? I use to shop Kroger exclusively but now realize, Meijer has better deals and when Kroger started expanding,their prices went up. I did buy gas Friday evening @ $1.55 and thought it a good price for even though I only needed 6 gallons.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Well played, sir. However, you have now confirmed that you are young since you've never purchased gas for less than $0.97!

That's what I was thinking... a baby minivan that just hasn't grown up yet.

Did the Silverado develop a sharp edge and have to be taken away from Rhino and a car with nice smooth rounded edges have to be given to him for his own good?

Why, you!! I oughtta . . .

That's a good point. My biggest gas points total was in December after I bought gift cards in addition to the regular purchases.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep. The GC always get 2x points, but there are frequently 4x promos. We don't buy them just for the points, but if you're going to go to a restaurant anyway, why not buy a GC for it and also get the fuel points?

Exactly. But (if I understand it correctly) make sure you buy the gift cards with the pre-printed dollar amounts on them. As my wife has explained it, the blank ones where you can purchase whatever dollar amounts you want don't count or aren't eligible for the multiple points deal.

Top Bottom