• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    We utilize my truck for this deal. It has a 37 gallon tank. And I "ain't skeered" to run it down to nothing before fueling. Even when it says 1 mile to empty, it's lying. You still have a couple of gallons to go.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Just a curious question? Why do people think they need to use all their points at once? I use to shop Kroger exclusively but now realize, Meijer has better deals and when Kroger started expanding,their prices went up. I did buy gas Friday evening @ $1.55 and thought it a good price for even though I only needed 6 gallons.
    Why wouldn't you use all your points at once? It's easily the biggest money-saver. Oh, and there is no meijer down south; the only grocery stores local to me are 2 different chains owned by Kroger & Aldi's. Aldi's blows for most things so it's kroger chains or nothing.

Well played, sir. However, you have now confirmed that you are young since you've never purchased gas for less than $0.97!
    Actually, you've confirmed yourself as an old person!!

Haha, on a serious note, does it count if I remember gas in the $0.80's? When I started driving gas was just a bit over $1 so I'm not as young as you may think.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Why wouldn't you use all your points at once? It's easily the biggest money-saver. Oh, and there is no meijer down south; the only grocery stores local to me are 2 different chains owned by Kroger & Aldi's. Aldi's blows for most things so it's kroger chains or nothing

Because (to me anyway) a dollar off a gallon for 20 gallons is really no big deal when gas is less than $2. I'd use 20/30 cents off a few times a month but then again,I've pretty much quit shopping Kroger to get better prices at Meijer. It's kinda like eating sunflower seeds or crab legs, the payoff isn't worth the investment. If you only have Kroger I guess it makes some sense and I agree about Aldi,flavorless food.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why wouldn't you use all your points at once? It's easily the biggest money-saver. Oh, and there is no meijer down south; the only grocery stores local to me are 2 different chains owned by Kroger & Aldi's. Aldi's blows for most things so it's kroger chains or nothing.

Actually, you've confirmed yourself as an old person!!

Haha, on a serious note, does it count if I remember gas in the $0.80's? When I started driving gas was just a bit over $1 so I'm not as young as you may think.

Whippersnapper! I think I got my BSME before you were born, or close to it! (1987)

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I find it funny I had never seen/noticed before reading this thread and then in the last week I saw a family with 2 medium SUVs bumper to bumper at the pump plus a 2 gallon can and then yesterday a guy with a CRV and four 5 gallon cans.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Because (to me anyway) a dollar off a gallon for 20 gallons is really no big deal when gas is less than $2. I'd use 20/30 cents off a few times a month but then again,I've pretty much quit shopping Kroger to get better prices at Meijer. It's kinda like eating sunflower seeds or crab legs, the payoff isn't worth the investment. If you only have Kroger I guess it makes some sense and I agree about Aldi,flavorless food.
    Taking the money off in small amounts isn't as beneficial as taking it in one large (all the points at once) transaction for the full 35 gallon limit. You may not see the benefit, I do. 35 gallons times $1 off is $35 savings. Yes, I paid for it (nothing is free) but then again, I do have to eat if I want to live...
    Whippersnapper! I think I got my BSME before you were born, or close to it! (1987)
    Not before I was born, but close... you're only further proving my point!!
    I find it funny I had never seen/noticed before reading this thread and then in the last week I saw a family with 2 medium SUVs bumper to bumper at the pump plus a 2 gallon can and then yesterday a guy with a CRV and four 5 gallon cans.
    Only 4 cans? Amateur

Haha, when I decided to bear the long lines on the 30th I decided to do it up right, 4 nato cans and 6 modern plastic cans plus the 20+ gallon tank on my truck. I know the people behind me were probably frustrated...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom