• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    Done Bashing got in my $.02 in and time to cool off...the Unprofessional behavior seems to be the norm there.. Deal with it or dont shop there, simple as that I guess..

Last edited:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Facts:

Store closes at 5:00 PM, you were the after the store had closed. :rolleyes:

That was Daryl. He is not the owner nor does he have the ability to open or close the store. That's what Ed does.

Daryl should have been nicer to you regardless, but after working all day with Ed I'd be pretty frazzled myself. :n00b:

Hardly the reason to tell everyone here to avoid this shop.

My advice to anybody reading this who has not been to KS&E before is go during business hours and be ready for a quirky pair of dudes. Gun and ammo prices are some of the best around!! :rockwoot: :patriot:

OH.... and yeah, Pizza King BBQ is 'da bomb!!! :yesway:

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    My experience there has been very good. Two knowledgeable guys that will take the time if they have it to explain what they have or just about guns in general. Please take it with a grain of salt. I understand not being treated properly but it sounds like you might have hit a bad day. I had one of those once....maybe twice.

CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    Your right but as far as Im concerned he represented the store.. I apoligize if the owner is nice but like I said treat me bad and I'll tell everybody who will listen.. He could of handled it way different..

Put a bad taste in my mouth and I gaurnatee I wont be back unless I go to slap that guy

Last edited by a moderator:

CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    My experience there has been very good. Two knowledgeable guys that will take the time if they have it to explain what they have or just about guns in general. Please take it with a grain of salt. I understand not being treated properly but it sounds like you might have hit a bad day. I had one of those once....maybe twice.

I was having a great day.. Big boy must not of...

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Won't even try and justify rude behavior as I have a hard time swallowing it to, but perhaps a bit of background is warranted. Not that I know them that well, but I have been in this place several times and have even purchased a few guns from them. Ed owns the store and Daryl is the heavyset guy who works there. There relationship/personality is definitely quirky to say the least. I've been in there before when they bicker back and forth openly in front of customers. I was just in there the other day and was basically run out because they said they had to check in a big shipment.
    I've also been in there though when we've have very long rambling discussions about guns in general when I clearly wasn't buying and they didn't seem to care. I've NEVER had them talk down to me when I was asking newbie questions about some Milsurp weapons. Their prices are some of the best in Indy. I would say they are comparable to Bradis or PSS.
    One of the things that I keep in mind is that what ever dynamic they have between them feeds off each other and is either positive or negative depending on the day. I think it unprofessional to not keep this out the business, but such as it is I've never been looked down or made to feel like they were being any less than honest with me.
    that's my two cents worth and in the end if you don't feel like shopping there it just leaves better deals for me.:D

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've been there a couple of times...

SNN22GX3AA_384_392813a.jpg

Unprofessional behavior? Yeah.

The skinny, older guy (Ed?) was very pleasant and verbally put the rude, temperamental round guy (Darryl?) in his place for being abrupt with me.

The prices were good. Ed was pleasant, in a quirky way. Daryl was [edit] unpleasant. If you don't smoke, be prepared for your clothing to smell like you've been next door in PT's for an evening.

Will I go back? Yeah.

Would I go back if Daryl was the owner and the only one there? No. Not unless I just got into the habit of telling Daryl off on a regular basis for sport.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i wasnt impressed when i went in there. the big guy ignored me and the gaunt guy wasnt very friendly because i wasnt there to buy a gun (always on the lookout for ammo).

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I've sold and purchased guns at KS&E and have had good experiences. A while back (well not very long) when I was new to handguns it was intimidating to walk into a gun store. Especially if I was just trying to "window shop" and learn a thing or two. That was and has never been the case with KS&E. I've been in when they've been busy and they still take time to answer my questions while letting me know they have a lot to do. Never have I been made to feel inferior or dumb by either Ed or Daryl.

I have seen them a little edgy. However pick any two INGO members, even best friends and put them in a small store like that every day all day dealing with the public... I would guess, that with ammo in shortage, large orders coming in and being a small business in a bad economy, not to mention personal and other issues, they may just may get a little fussy on occasion. (especially if their ride is late picking them up after close?)

KS&E has been good to me and they've got my business.:twocents:

-PFC

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I had the same experience at Rendezvous Guns in Greenfield.While it does **** you off, figured it was just one of those days and shall return sometime in the future. I have delt with Ed and Daryl for as long as I can remember, Have always been treated fair but they do kinda creep me out sometimes. I was in there over the weekend and heard some talk about only selling ammo to "gun buying" customers. They have better prices because they don't have alot to choose from. I don't deal with them anymore but I don't buy much either.

CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    Honestly I spend mucho dinero so I expect some sort of class when dealing with a dealer.. Not to say that I wouldnt deal with some jerks for a great deal. As far as Im concerned I dont care if they play grab ass with each other but if your rude to me before I even step thorough the door then I'll spend those thousands elsewhere.. Not that I alaways drop a few Gs but it adds up quickly.. And I might tell him to clean his stanky taint too...

I know where to go to get the deals and treatred right...

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Honestly I spend mucho dinero so I expect some sort of class when dealing with a dealer.. Not to say that I wouldnt deal with some jerks for a great deal. As far as Im concerned I dont care if they play grab ass with each other but if your rude to me before I even step thorough the door then I'll spend those thousands elsewhere.. Not that I alaways drop a few Gs but it adds up quickly.. And I might tell him to clean his stanky taint too...

I know where to go to get the deals and treatred right...

And once again, for those who only read the first and last post of a thread your gripe is with an employee who was off-duty as you stopped-by the store after hours and he did not even have the ability to open the door to sell you a dime's worth or a thousand dollar's worth of merchandise. Also this (various juvenile & insulting terms used by you) guy was forced to wait on a bench for his ride to arrive. :rolleyes:

Just how much longer do you plan on bitching about a guy who was rude to you on his own time???? :dunno:

redfireman1969

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    indpls
    i ve had many dealings with ed and daryl night and day but they wont kiss your butt to sell you a gun but if you dealt with some of the locals they deal with you might lose your composure every now and then i like them both and they have always given me a good deal yes occasionally with a attiude but ive been treated worse by pops and dons lol

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Im going in there today

:shady:
    I willl be going there today to pick up an item...
    I will be a secret shopper, I have taken upon myself as Indy's local shop critic,

I will be judging on
    : Service
    : Price
    : eagerness to help younger folks such as Indyk
    : variety

I will give a full report this afternoon:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

REVIEW on my first visit to KS&E Guns

Nice small shop with excellent competitive pricing, New Glock 19 480.00
    Not a huge selection of rifles but im sure they can get anything for you.
    A good selection of quality pistols, good prices!
    Couldn't really shop for prices on Ammo unless i asked...I guess thats ok.
    Nice Guys, had to ask for help after standing there looking at them for a few seconds but, like i said they were friendly.

I Would go back again

service - i would give em an 7.9
    prices - 9.5
    variety on rifles - 4
    variety on pistols - 9
    friendliness - 9
    ammo - undetermined

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It was the only shop in town two years ago with #4 buck. I bought several boxes for coyotes. Ed was busy with the local gang banger crowd selling a gun. Daryl was ok to deal with but did smell a bit rank. The #4 buck was cheaper than online without shipping. I did not see any outstanding deals but they had a used ruger #1 for a good price. Since then they did the road work on P pike and I have not been back cause of traffic.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    KSE

I stopped in here today and was surprised by the great Glock prices. $489 for gen 3's. I did see the gangbanger crowds making their visits. One guy was evidentally in there for his second time today (1st trip was unsuccessful in purchasing a pistol) so the second trip he brings his girlfriend... They didn't have much nice to say to him when she asked about the same pistol he was looking at earlier.... wasn't my problem so I left. I will go back though...

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I've known some really great people that I can guarantee would make a negative first impression on people.

I visited this shop a couple of weekends ago. Neither of the proprietors seemed overly friendly, but I didn't think they were rude, either. The heavy-set fellow answered a couple of questions for me, then, when it appeared that I was just there kicking tires (which I was), he moved on to explain to a woman the various reasons she may have been denied on her background check.

The limited selection in their tiny little shop (and I do mean tiny - I think my living room has more traffic space) had some pretty good prices - nothing spectacular, but nothing that struck me as over-priced, either.

I'd probably stop in again, but not for the atmosphere.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    It has been a few years since I have been in KS&E, but when I lived in Lawrence, I bought several firearms and many boxes of ammo from those guys. I do remember them having odd senses of humor, but nothing out of the ordinary. The owner would always call his suppliers to find me the best deal if he did not have what I wanted in his shop. I always liked going in there to just look around although it was quite cramped and never felt unwelcomed. I will probably never go back into Don's. I just did not care for the atmosphere. It was a little creepy, much more than necessary for a gun shop to be. Can't explain why, but I just did not feel comfortable. Bradis made me mad a while back and I did not enter that place of business for several months. I got over it and the last time I went in there, I bought another rifle and they treated me pretty good. I am glad that I decided to give them a second chance. I have not been in Pop Guns for quite some time so I can not make a comment about them.

Top Bottom