• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    All firearm dealers seem to have their bad days. You never know when you walk in that they didn't just get off the phone with ATF about a letter "I" that wasn't dotted. ATF is that silly. About the only place I will never go into is Don's not only because his prices are crazy high (capitalism is ok by me) but because of his record of where many of his firearms wind up after the sale, and the way he speaks out against the so called assault rifles.

Bradis has always treated me right, even when very busy and I tell them I am just looking.

KS&E has to be understood, but as long as you understand why they seem to distrust everyone, they are really a great bunch who will try to find what you want if they don't have it. My first purchase from them was a beat up STG-58 that they insisted I wouldn't mind paying extra for. Usually I would pass and buy the cheaper but better looking rifle. Glad I listened to them. After a good clean up and installing a couple of Tapco parts, that rifle will shoot 4 inch groups at 100 yards off hand standing using cheap ammo and only the iron sights. They aim to please (pun intended) but their attitude doesn't always make it seem so. Ignore the attitude and you can really find great deals and under the surface, great service at KS&E.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I was just in KS&E earlier today and had a pretty good experience. They said they had just had 20 people through there at once (which is craziness given how slim their firearms aisle is) and had been pretty busy today. I worked with Daryl and Ed and both are pretty knowledgeable and willing to help. I just went in there to grab some ammo and ended up coming out with a new Kel Tec P11, a case of ammo, and some other small goodies. They clipped at each other a little but I felt like I got great service and an even better deal when i walked out. I'd definitely recommend you go in there and work with these guys - they're +1 in my opinion.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have bought guns and ammo from these guys fairly regular now sine 2001. I have always said that they have some good prices. Everything I buy there I eventually see it for much more elswere. Daryl and Ed certainly are some odd ducks from time to time. But, if you go in with a purpose and knowing what you are looking for you can leave with a good deal.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I was attending a training session at our company's home office in Indy. When it was done, as I usually do, I stopped in KSE.

I was thinking about selling or trading my Smith 22a and buying the Beretta Neos they had. They both talked me out of it, therefore talking themselves out of a sale. You don't see that happen very often.

Being a non-smoker, it's all I can do to keep from choking to death, but I'll stop in once in a while if I'm in the neighborhood.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    KS&E is definitely one of-if not the cheapest in the state on handguns and ammo(haven't bought a long gun from them yet). My first time in there-a couple of years ago-was a little intimidating and disappointing(couldn't believe how small it was inside and smoky),but they have plenty of stock and are helpful and friendly if you aren't too pushy or impatient.:)
    They had Kel-Tec PF9's in stock Saturday for the same price most places are selling P3AT's for. LGS has a waiting list for that model.So one followed me home (with an extra mag and .380 ammo for the old P3AT,too). Darryl and Ed have earned my business more than once.They aren't quite as friendly as Bradis or Bob at PSS ,but they are not bad people-just unique.
    Darryl had to leave talking to another prospective customer to show my wife all the features of the new PF9 and was very patient . Ed was pretty cool sat.-after hanging up the phone from BATF he says grinning-you're ok for 4 guns-what else can I get you?

Top Bottom