Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think I'm going to stop caring about how much it costs to protect the president. Seems like there are so many more important things to care about than that. If there's something critical to say about the president's rally at all I'd say it's that he needed to have one at all. I think he got addicted to them during the campaign and needs an ego fix from time to time. I have to say, I'd rather the POTUS didn't have those kinds of problems.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    According to a 10 November 2016 segment from Inside Edition, Trump Tower probably would not be the ideal choice for the President-elect’s designated getaway, mainly for security reasons:

Former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino says that from a security point of view, Trump’s best bet would be his Mar-A-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida.

“This is a place where he built from the ground up, for security you can’t get a better location. It has everything Trump Tower doesn’t,” he told Inside Edition.

Bongino discussed the difficulties of securing Trump Tower, saying: “I am not just talking about people, I am talking about car bombs, people walking in with an explosive device, I am not just talking about the individual lone gunman. Controlling access is not impossible but it is really, really difficult in Trump Tower.”

That doesn't count. It's not teal.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Who cares about that woman? I don't understand why the family of an elected official is subject of ridicule, especially when it's more than noticible they do not care for being in the position. Even if she did take on a cause, that's no reason to take her accent, education, or physical traits, to mock her. We had enough of that from idiots over the past eight years.

Anyway, how about a third "working vacation" in as many weeks at the "Winter White House"? I guess our tax money being spent on this is okay? At what point will this be considered excessive, if ever? Will the Florida estate still be the "Winter White House" when spring comes?

President Trump running up tab on taxpayer dollars Video - ABC News

The Mar-a-Lago membership went from $100,000 to $200,000 (plus $14,000 a year) since Trump was elected president, so Trump will try to be there as often as possible.
    People pay to have the privilege of being around POTUS during their lunch.
    If he's not there they can't justify the cost.

I'm not sure if any of that extra money is used to pay for the extra security when Trump is there.Probably not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think I'm going to stop caring about how much it costs to protect the president. Seems like there are so many more important things to care about than that. If there's something critical to say about the president's rally at all I'd say it's that he needed to have one at all. I think he got addicted to them during the campaign and needs an ego fix from time to time. I have to say, I'd rather the POTUS didn't have those kinds of problems.
    I think you are correct about the rally being an ego booster but I also think Trump wanted to physically show that there are people out there that do still support his presidency against the onslaught of anti-protest footage being constantly pumped out.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    According to a 10 November 2016 segment from Inside Edition, Trump Tower probably would not be the ideal choice for the President-elect’s designated getaway, mainly for security reasons:

Former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino says that from a security point of view, Trump’s best bet would be his Mar-A-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida.

“This is a place where he built from the ground up, for security you can’t get a better location. It has everything Trump Tower doesn’t,” he told Inside Edition.

Bongino discussed the difficulties of securing Trump Tower, saying: “I am not just talking about people, I am talking about car bombs, people walking in with an explosive device, I am not just talking about the individual lone gunman. Controlling access is not impossible but it is really, really difficult in Trump Tower.”

Now that he's president his best option for a secured getaway is Camp David.
    But if he wants to be seen among paying guests it's not his best option.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

If security is the issue, why not stay at the White House? Why is a "getaway" needed and accepted by the supporters of this particular man? Does the president need a vacation? Yes! Who can work 24/7/365 without a break? Who can have more pressure out on them than any living person on this earth, without a break and even that break being filled with decisions? Who can take four years of every pleasure they are used to having, being taken away or done in the presence of armed guards?

Yes, I get all of that, but this is a man who said his predicessor took too many vacations and spent taxpayer money, alongside with many others. He said he would not take a vacation. But by redefining the word, his getaways are accepted. Yeah, believe what you want.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Trump's movements are also an additional cost and pain in the butt with general aviation. If he stays in the DC area, he stays within his permanent special flight rules area. It stays whether he is there or not...Camp David is similar but does get bigger when he is there.

I am willing to listen to legitimate criticism of Trump regardless of what his predecessors did, but am careful of those who would criticize just because he is not "their guy".

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Obama averaged 1.4 Billlllllion dollars a year in security costs at the White House.......And about 10.5 million a year for vacations.......Are we getting close yet?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Now this isn't ALL Trump's fault, but the costs to protect the president and his family, are going to be absolutely staggering. It will probably be more by several factors than any administration prior. I do fault him for not telling his family to pack their stuff up, and move to DC. It's ridiculous the amount of money spent on NYPD and SS to keep Trump Tower secure. And you can't avoid the idea of conflict of interest when Trump keeps going to Mar-A-Lago (especially after they raised their prices), while the official presidential retreat remains idle at Camp David.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm ambivalent about Trump doing all this traveling - hell, he's wealthy enough to pay for his own travel, if not for his security. But the comparison I'm interested in seeing is how many rounds of golf he plays while military or State Department personnel are getting shot at and decisions have to be made on our response.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut I think you missed a "not" in your post regarding DC move. And he said Melania and Barron are coming this summer. Unclear if it's permanent

Thanks Doc, fixed. We'll see if they do. I think they probably will, but now because Melania wants too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep Trump is breaking new ground with this getaway home

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/presidential-summer-homes_n_3673638.html

Inconvenient truth - Kennedy, Nixon, Bush I and Bush II all had one

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe we should force the first family to home school their children (no more expense to secure Sidwell Friends et al) and only allow the First Lady to travel with her husband, never alone because; expenses

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Carter in 2009 because the opposition wouldn't roll over for BHO.

Carter again cites racism as factor in Obama's treatment - CNN.com

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Former President Jimmy Carter reiterated Wednesday that he believes racism is an issue for President Obama in trying to lead the country.

Carter told "NBC Nightly News" on Tuesday that racism has surfaced in opposition to President Obama.
    In Atlanta, Georgia, on Wednesday, Jimmy Carter again linked harsh Obama criticism to racism.

"When a radical fringe element of demonstrators and others begin to attack the president of the United States as an animal or as a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler or when they wave signs in the air that said we should have buried Obama with Kennedy, those kinds of things are beyond the bounds," the Democrat who served from 1977-1981 told students at Emory University.

"I think people who are guilty of that kind of personal attack against Obama have been influenced to a major degree by a belief that he should not be president because he happens to be African American. [emphasis mine]

Is it still racism (reverse) when they do it to Trump?

Top Bottom