• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I prefer IWB with a Crossbreed for my SP101 or P238. I don't like belt carry cause it flops all over the place and I feel like everyone in the world knows I'm carrying! I also looooove my Galco ankle holsters (SP101 or P238). I just wear boot cut and I'm good to go and no one knows

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I don't have any vests but would like to get one. I do have a light weight button up shirt that I wear over a tank top or shirt in the summer when I need to. I picked it up at goodwill.

I have a bunch of lightweight shirts like that. I thought they would be too lightweight, but maybe not. I'll have to experiment with them. The gal I saw wore the pistol outside of her tank top, but under the vest, and the vest concealed it quite well. The vest was kind of drapey, sweatery but airy and kind of a loose cut. But not too loose.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    pipman;2549017 [URL="http://www.flashbangholster.com/Flashbang_Holster/Welcome.html" said:
    Flashbang Bra Holster [/URL]

This looks really interesting, but I'm having a hard time believing that it conceals as well as the websites pics show. I think that it would be fantastic for summertime, when I live in cami style tanks.

I have a pocket holster for my P3AT and I have a pocket in each of my routinely carried purses for my gun. Ever since I started carrying, I've become even more aware of my purse and not leaving it unattended, to any degree.

For the times I go grocery shopping, I've started swiping the boyfriends compact 1911. I use his belt and holster and OC that baby all day long!
    It's getting to the point now that I'm shopping around for my own bigger gun, I have to decide what I want first. :D:D:D

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    My wife has a LCP with a CT laser on it and uses the Flashbang Bra Holster with it. She likes it as she doesn't care for carrying on her hip due to her tighter fitting shirts she always wears. They do make variations for numerous compact pistols and revolvers. I don't care for it though, to me especially in the winter it is harder to get to in a hurry. I think I've finially talked her into getting a IWB for her PK380 though so we'll see.

And looking at it again, the weight of the gun has got to be hell on a bra. :dunno: Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Does your wife carry with this holster often? How many hours/day? I ask because the majority of my shirts are tight to skin-tight and my pants really limit IWB carry with a larger gun.

pipman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    SW Indy
    And looking at it again, the weight of the gun has got to be hell on a bra. :dunno: Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Does your wife carry with this holster often? How many hours/day? I ask because the majority of my shirts are tight to skin-tight and my pants really limit IWB carry with a larger gun.

She wears it several hours a day, mainly if she is out and about by herself or with the kids. If I'm with her and carrying, sometimes she doesn't bother. She did find that the cheaper bras from Wally World with no under wires is more comfortable and a lot cheaper to replace if they get torn up than her V.S. ones. The holster comes with three different length adjustable leather straps to fit different bras.
    From what she told me is that the more "endowed" someone is up there the easier it is concealed. :dunno: Basically the way it is worn for her is with the barrel part of the gun/holster beneath her you know what, being supported between the bottom of the bra and her skin.
    She likes it and says it is comfortable enough that she forgets about it even being there a lot of the time. Her's is molded for an LCP with CT laser on it, but they make them for many different small pistols and even some revolvers.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    She wears it several hours a day, mainly if she is out and about by herself or with the kids. If I'm with her and carrying, sometimes she doesn't bother. She did find that the cheaper bras from Wally World with no under wires is more comfortable and a lot cheaper to replace if they get torn up than her V.S. ones. The holster comes with three different length adjustable leather straps to fit different bras.
    From what she told me is that the more "endowed" someone is up there the easier it is concealed. :dunno: Basically the way it is worn for her is with the barrel part of the gun/holster beneath her you know what, being supported between the bottom of the bra and her skin.
    She likes it and says it is comfortable enough that she forgets about it even being there a lot of the time. Her's is molded for an LCP with CT laser on it, but they make them for many different small pistols and even some revolvers.

Interesting.I showed this to my fiance and she likes it but, she had the same question about the weight on the bra itself so thanks for clearing that up. But, to clarify the gun is being held between her bra (under wire) and her skin?

pipman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    SW Indy
    But, to clarify the gun is being held between her bra (under wire) and her skin?

That's correct, however she found it more comfortable to wear the ones without an under wire in them. She found some at Wally World. She didn't like the way the ones she has from V.S. with the wire felt. She said it felt a little awkward, but the wireless ones just mold around the holster like it's not even there.

HickChick67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    :welcome: HickChick to INGO! It's a great site where you will learn a lot.

My first thought to you was, don't limit yourself to only one way to carry. Depending on my outfit and activities depends on how I carry. The only type of holster I don't have is an ankle holster but I'm looking for one of them now too. See my above post of the three holsters I use with my Glock26.

It's a lot bigger than you P380 and is very concealable of course I'm probably much older than you and don't wear a lot of tight fitting clothes either. Are you totally against open carrying or loosely covered conceal carry?

Also consider purse carrying if your outfit just won't allow on the body carry. I do that before I will leave it at home.

Good Luck

Thanks Rayne!

I am not really trying to limit to only one way, right now its just trying to find ANY way that is comfortable. Eventually I know I will have to invest in a holster collection to wear with different outfits for different occasions, etc.

I have been using a rather uncomfortable paddle holster I got from a local gunshop's "bargain bin." (The owner didn't even know what the holster was actually for, but was the only one in the store that the PK380 would fit in) I have a nylon "universal" belt holster that is too big and slides all over the place. Are there any holsters that you like better than others?

I am not against open carry, but it makes certain friends uncomfortable so I always try to keep a hoodie or loose shirt over it. And I will be first to admit I am too darn picky when it comes to purses (and everything else! LOL) I just haven't seen any holster purse that I like at all, of course I may just have break down and get one regardless. Am a little timid about ordering purses or holsters online - would much rather be able to look, feel, & try on before buying. Are there any shops or places you frequent that carry holsters and/or purses?

I am mainly looking for advice for carrying and any suggestions, tips, or tricks anyone may have to share. Also trying to find somewhere that has holsters made to fit a PK380. (Would like to know why its such a challenge to find stuff for PK380s.)

I still have a lot of reading to do here on INGO! Have seen some great suggestions and advice just in this thread. Can only imagine what I will be able to learn once I start exploring this site!

HickChick67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    My wife has a LCP with a CT laser on it and uses the Flashbang Bra Holster with it. She likes it as she doesn't care for carrying on her hip due to her tighter fitting shirts she always wears. They do make variations for numerous compact pistols and revolvers. I don't care for it though, to me especially in the winter it is harder to get to in a hurry. I think I've finially talked her into getting a IWB for her PK380 though so we'll see.

Any certain brand or type of holster you are thi!nking of getting her? Just looking for ideas for my PK380. Would be interested in any updates you may have on the subject! Would like to see what she picks (& why) and where she ends up getting it.

Flashbang looked interesting but, again, they dont make it to fit a PK380. then again not so sure the PK380 is small enough to use that successfully.

HickChick67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012

She wears it several hours a day, mainly if she is out and about by herself or with the kids.

I saw a good review on the Flashbang on GirlsGuidetoGuns.com It said it was good for your posture cause if you werent stitting up straight like you should, the handle would poke you to remind you to sit up straight! LOL

I am disappointed they dont make one for PK380.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    fleece vests

Does anyone use lightweight vests over tank tops/t-shirts to help conceal? I saw a youtube video like that. I don't have a good number for a pattern for this type of vest, and I haven't seen any to buy, either.

This time of year I wear a lot of fleece vests to help keep warm. They could help conceal a gun very nicely.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I carry S&W M&P9c in Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster at about 4 o'clock with my cant pretty far forward. It doesn't conceal so well in tighter fitting shirts, but I don't have to worry about that yet (winter.) I'm looking into getting a small .38 just for that reason. I always wear tank tops under my shirts. I think it helps conceal it a little better. I rarely carry in my CC purse but like others said I would rather have in in my purse then not have it at all. I prefer to have it on me. I have had other IWB style holsters but the MTAC is by far the most comfy one I have used. Others were so uncomfortable sitting down to driving. This on feels great!

I always carry in the purse but it's because I don't always carry on the bod. It's never an either/or for me. I always have one, sometimes I have two. You gals need to start thinking outside the box. ;)

I prefer IWB with a Crossbreed for my SP101 or P238. I don't like belt carry cause it flops all over the place and I feel like everyone in the world knows I'm carrying! I also looooove my Galco ankle holsters (SP101 or P238). I just wear boot cut and I'm good to go and no one knows

How do I say this: there's something wrong with your set-up if it's floppy. Of course, realize when I say that it's not a reflection on you. It's just that one component of your rig isn't up to the "standard" of the rest of it. I happen to hate IWB for my EDC, so I had to go through a lot of set-ups and couldn't find a workable rig in which all three components--belt, holster, and gun--worked together well.

I found that there was a fourth component: me. I'm hippy. And my waist is much smaller than my hips. I like to wear my jeans below the natural waist, which means that the belt line is on a wider part of my body. Which means that there's a tendency for it to ride up to the narrower part. Which means that there's floppiness when it does. I can't just swap out the old hips, so I had to change something else. For me it was a different holster that had less mobility on the belt (a Blackhawk Serpa) and sacrificing comfort a bit when I cinch the belt up more on the natural waistline than I would prefer. (I suppose it helps that I don't worry about concealing either.)

The whole point of this isn't to criticize or find fault with your decision. Just to highlight that if carrying isn't comfortable, one of the components is out of sync with the others in terms of compatibility and stability. Just like the chain, our carry efforts are only as good as the weakest link.

Thanks Rayne!

I am not really trying to limit to only one way, right now its just trying to find ANY way that is comfortable. Eventually I know I will have to invest in a holster collection to wear with different outfits for different occasions, etc.

Per the "component" discussion above, have you considered a different EDC piece? I know a new firearm can be pricey. But so can buying 10 different rigs and belts looking for a perfect fit. If you can't find a holster to fit the firearm and your carry style, maybe change your search for a firearm that fits your holster/carry style.

LEGSHOW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    crown point
    Not many places a girl can carry and dress up. Summer time forget about it concealed. I have a soft custom made holster stitched in a small Coach purse. Purse cost the husband more than the G27 in it!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Not many places a girl can carry and dress up. Summer time forget about it concealed. I have a soft custom made holster stitched in a small Coach purse. Purse cost the husband more than the G27 in it!

Shorts under a summer dress might just be the ticket;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAEM9knVZgY[/ame]

Noodle2081

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    I have been carrying for a few years now. I am not a small woman, but not big either (5'6" around 175). I have found the best way to carry has been an in-the-pants holster for me. I just purchase my shirts one size bigger than normal so that they are not tight and I don't imprint. In the winter its very easy to conceal carry. In the summer when it gets real warm out, I wear a tank top under a button up blouse and leave the blouse open so that it provides an extra layer.

HickChick67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Per the "component" discussion above, have you considered a different EDC piece? I know a new firearm can be pricey. But so can buying 10 different rigs and belts looking for a perfect fit. If you can't find a holster to fit the firearm and your carry style, maybe change your search for a firearm that fits your holster/carry style.

Right now that is not an option, but I have not counted out that line of action.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I have seen posts where guys have been stopped for minor things, admitted they were armed and the police officer disarmed them. Do they disarm women too? Let's say if a woman was using the holster attached to her bra, would the officer let the woman give them the gun or would the officer remove it for her? I don't usually get stopped for anything and am not currently carrying this way but have considered it depending on the gun. So I'm curious about this. What does everyone think?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have seen posts where guys have been stopped for minor things, admitted they were armed and the police officer disarmed them. Do they disarm women too? Let's say if a woman was using the holster attached to her bra, would the officer let the woman give them the gun or would the officer remove it for her? I don't usually get stopped for anything and am not currently carrying this way but have considered it depending on the gun. So I'm curious about this. What does everyone think?

I'd say the first step would be to keep the mouth shut.

Disarming is stupid. Even if they take the firearm off my hip......

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I was disarmed when I told the officer about my gun, but it was in the glove box with my registration and there was no way I was going to stick my hand in there without telling him. He brought my gun back taken down and all the bullets out of the magazine. This was almost 25 years ago and it was uncommon to have anyone with a firearm much less a woman. I think officers are more aware that the general public are armed now and are less likely to react this way.
    I'm unsure how they would handle the situation with the flashbang holster. Unless you told them you were deeply concealed and it would be an issue to produce the weapon. Not all officers ask that you disarm either.

Top Bottom