• Status
    Not open for further replies.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I read various posts here daily. So that's me.

I don't want to get all up in this because Kimmi is very good at saying what's on her mind, she doesn't need me for that.

I will say that I am certain shes not lying about how often she reads posts here, as if it's important.

I honestly wish the whole INS and INGO competition/rivalry would just die because other than being about guns occasionally, and a somewhat similar layout, the two sites don't have too much in common.

Cru :rockwoot:and I really need to go to bed....

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm sorry for the thread jack but I have to respond to this ^^^
    Please do not take the women's forum off INGO. It's one of the main reasons I joined INGO. It was the only place I felt comfortable posting when I first joined. I have now ventured out into the main forum, but it was key to me feeling comfortable on here. Yes, guys come in a check out the post, but most of those men are the ones who are very supportive of women and firearms. Please don't take the opportunity away from another woman who may not feel comfortable posting amongst all the men like I was at first. Sometimes it's easy to wade in instead of jumping both feet first. Thanks for listening to my :twocents:.

I'm not attending this event because it's so far away (I'm in the N/E corner, close enough to spit on Ohio and slap Michigan on the bottom).
    But I have to comment on the quote in red up there ^.
    I've been here since shortly after INGO was born... before there was such thing as a "Women's Forum". I've come to know a lot of the gents on this site, some just by their posts...but many in real life. I've shot with them, had meals with them, and gotten to know several by repeating the process.
    Every. Single. ONE of them is supportive of women and firearms. I don't know where you'd get that any of them wouldn't be, but I've yet to run across any comment or post that shows me something OTHER than that.
    This applies to PRE-women's forum as well as now.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm not attending this event because it's so far away (I'm in the N/E corner, close enough to spit on Ohio and slap Michigan on the bottom).
    But I have to comment on the quote in red up there ^.
    I've been here since shortly after INGO was born... before there was such thing as a "Women's Forum". I've come to know a lot of the gents on this site, some just by their posts...but many in real life. I've shot with them, had meals with them, and gotten to know several by repeating the process.
    Every. Single. ONE of them is supportive of women and firearms. I don't know where you'd get that any of them wouldn't be, but I've yet to run across any comment or post that shows me something OTHER than that.
    This applies to PRE-women's forum as well as now.

Well you and I haven't traveled in the same forum areas then. There are members and a couple of banned former members who might have been supportive of women and firearms, but they are/were ... toward women.
    And I'm not talking about what went on in that singles thread, I knew that was going to be bad news from the start and stayed away.

If you would like to read this post you will know how I feel about the men of INGO, but like all places there has to be a few bad apples. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/154861-what_i_think_of_the_men_of_ingo.html

In the woman's forum it was a safe place to ask what to some would seem like a stupid question. I'm sorry but to ask a question that only pertains to how women carry in a forum that seems to be 90% to 95% men in the general forum isn't comfortable for some. I think it's a good idea to give women a safe haven in a male dominate forum. The men who come to the women's forum are genuinely there to help. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, but it's the main reason I joined INGO instead of two others I looked at. I'm not a newbie to guns, been carrying for 29 years, but that still doesn't make me comfortable in a male forum.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    JG I still need to get together with you when I go back home sometime. The last few trips weren't good for that but there will be one sometime soon I hope. Blueberry Festival weekend? :D

fenway. I have no beef in this but the fact that so many spend so much time at BOTH sites should say something. INS isn't a replacement, it is another site for those who love guns and such. There isn't a competition to see who can be better. It's just what it is. I spend equal amounts of time at both places as do many other members, we don't try to hide it. Some days more there, some days more here. The pettiness is very evident coming from both sites. Members and staff alike. It really needs to stop. The nudie forum, why even bring it up? A bash? I have always found that if I find something offensive, I don't click on it. Same as I do for the nudie forum there. It was their choice and it works as it is when adults know how to click or not click. Can't we all just get along? Is that really to much to ask?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    On the topic of the actual meet and greet, I would love to join you ladies! Both dates mentioned are dates I have my kids and previous engagements but hopefully I can come to the next one!

Please do come. We always have a lot of fun. (And none of the other get-togethers usually come with this much drama.)

My wife is thinking she might join up with you ladies. It's the day before her birfday! :rockwoot:

Yes, please have her come. I enjoyed our conversation at the meet-n-greet in May and would love to have her join our regular get-togethers.

The rest of you take that sniping **** between the boards somewhere else, please. This was not the time nor the place for it. And FTR, if not being an INS member in good standing precluded me from getting the stupid discount, big deal. I'm not going for the discount (which would amount to what? two or three bucks?). I'm going for friendship and camraderie. I just hope this drama hasn't cast a pall over the whole thing. :xmad:

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Ok, My Girlfriend is getting into the USPSA shooting community with me and the ACC gang. I told her about this meet and greet and she is interested in meeting and learning and discussing with the ladies about it. You'all know it is hard for her when her man teachers how to shoot. But she would like to get involved with the ladies and have fun, learn, and get acclimated.
    I introduced her to this thread (she is not a registered member yet) but would like to attend.
    I there any updated insight about this ladies night out?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ok, My Girlfriend is getting into the USPSA shooting community with me and the ACC gang. I told her about this meet and greet and she is interested in meeting and learning and discussing with the ladies about it. You'all know it is hard for her when her man teachers how to shoot. But she would like to get involved with the ladies and have fun, learn, and get acclimated.
    I introduced her to this thread (she is not a registered member yet) but would like to attend.
    I there any updated insight about this ladies night out?

Just have her show up at Smokey Bones in Greenwood July 30th around 6:30. Easy peasy.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Is someone keeping the official "who is coming" tally, or at least the number to give to the restaurant so they have an idea before we invade?
    if so, mark that I've got an extra coming with me for the evening.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom