Lady comes to defense of police officer shooting assailant, now getting sued.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    This lawyer is on Facebook. Send him a message. Here is what I sent him.
    Just remember, what goes around, comes around regarding the lawsuit below. Plenty of their friends are watching this.

Kystie received a summons from Blake R Maislin LLC, (Thomas J Dall, Attorney at Law) regarding a wrongful death lawsuit for the assailant, J. Holland. Ohio County Superior Court Case No.:58C01-1802-CT-00001. The Officer involved was also named in the suit.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Update from the GoFundMe site, emphasis added:

Hello everyone I want to say thanks for supporting Kystie. The court date has been set for the month of November 2019. I will update everyone on the exact day when I receive more information. I would like to remind everyone that this case and many like it could determine the way the general public respond when an officer of the law is needing help. Thank you everyone for your support and thank you Kystie for your courage on that day.

That's a year from now. I dunno if that is a typo, or it's really that far off.

https://www.gofundme.com/kystie039s-best-defense

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That would probably be the trial date. If I were to go into court today in Lake County on a case that was filed 6 to 10 months ago, I would get a trial date in 2020.

There will likely be other motions, hearings and the such going on between now and then...well, certainly, that's the way it works. The case may be over well before then depending upon discovery and motions.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    New update at GoFundMe site says the trial is scheduled for 9am on 12 Nov 2019 at the Ohio County Court House in Rising Sun, IN, if you want to mark your calendars now.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Yep,November 2019.I work with her father.She should be getting an award instead of a law suit.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep,November 2019.I work with her father.She should be getting an award instead of a law suit.

Well tell her father, there's a bunch of people on INGO that are rooting for her.
    And we hope someone comes to their senses and this get's dropped.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    It is a civil case. Maybe that is the cause for the delay?

Unfortunately, civil cases can be time consuming thanks to discovery, and depending on the rules of that oarticular court, deadlines for dispositive motions ( motions to dismiss /summary judgment), and even settlement discussions. My hope is that this heroic young lady fights this to the bitter end. A lot of times, dirt bag plaintiff lawyers will sue knowing that simply defending a suit is costly and time consuming, hoping for a BS nuisance settlement to make the POS go away. This dude needs to be crushed and the defendant fully vindicated.

Top Bottom