• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We are planning a trip to Cumberland Lake in the coming weeks and just wanting any inside tips anyone might have to offer. Best ramp to use, campgrounds, coves to scope for [STRIKE]topless[/STRIKE] peaceful settings for lunch and chill breaks, etc. It'll be 4 adults with no vermin.:rockwoot:

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    It's been over 10 years, but we always had good luck at Jamestown. It's a really steep ramp so you'll need a strong truck.
    Coves we'd head toward Beaver Creek and towards the dam.
    The dinner buffet at State Dock was always good after a few days of boat cooking. Can't help with campgrounds though. Keep in mind it's a dry county unless things have changed.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I went about 5 years ago and caught NOTHING. Out of 4 of us only 1 person caught anything, and it was a garr. The store where we got our fishing liceneses had a nice flow of females looking quite nice the time I was there.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    we haven't been in about 5 years, but if you want to party check out 76 falls or harmons creek on the south end of the lake. without a map, I couldn't explain how to get to party cove on the north end, but it is the cove where echo point is. as far as peace and quiet, take you're pick. any cove youfind that doesn't have people parked in it, will be quiet.
    where are you staying?

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    we haven't been in about 5 years, but if you want to party check out 76 falls or harmons creek on the south end of the lake. without a map, I couldn't explain how to get to party cove on the north end, but it is the cove where echo point is. as far as peace and quiet, take you're pick. any cove youfind that doesn't have people parked in it, will be quiet.
    where are you staying?

At this point it looks like we may end up with a houseboat. That'll change things up a bit. Never tried houseboat camping. We aren't going to fish, just hang out and have a good time.:rockwoot:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    76 falls is the place to been in Cumberland. Specally on a holiday weekend. I can't explain, just check it out. Get you Houseboat in early or you won't get it in there.

RandyMarlar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Zionsville
    We've rented a houseboat every Aug. from State Dock for the last 10 years. Good quality and close to Difficulty Creek which is quite long with many coves that lend themselves to ah nature and other fun activities. I am a pretty good fisherman and have yet to catch much at that time of year but it doesn't sound like that is your objective :):. Remember, much of the area is a dry (no alcohol sales) :( so you have to take your own and be discrete. We were actually warned (told) by the Game Warden to use cups etc instead of having beer cans out in plan site :dunno:.

R:patriot:

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    We take the boat down 3-4 times a year. We usually launch from Lee's Ford or Alligator 2. Lee's Ford is a better ramp and marina but Alligator 2 gives you better access to the main body of the lake.

If your going to wait till July you won't get back to the falls because of the water level. Memorial Day weekend the water was up enough to get back there but they will let another 20' of water out by July.

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.com is a good forum for information about Lake Cumberland. You should able to find all the info you need there.

Top Bottom