• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would guess that the guy had identification on him, but they haven't made an independent ID yet.

I suspect they mean formally identified for legal purposes. Appears they knew whose house to go check. Pacific Palisades is not exactly a neighborhood where derelicts go to die in anonymity.

I kind of thought it must be something like that, but the wording struck me as odd. They could've thown in "officially" or "formally" or some such and it would've been a little more plain.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    “We don't think the weapons are illegal. We are taking them for public safety,” said Sgt. David Craig of the LAPD's gang and narcotics division. He said investigators removed the weapons to ensure the ammunition and guns wouldn't be stolen from the home.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    “We don't think the weapons are illegal. We are taking them for public safety,” said Sgt. David Craig of the LAPD's gang and narcotics division. He said investigators removed the weapons to ensure the ammunition and guns wouldn't be stolen from the home.

So, they report the weapons/ammo collection and then they steal it so that it won't be stolen? Also, how did gangs and narcotics get involved in this? :rolleyes:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Reports say all 2 tons were .22LR, and all purchased in the last two years. The collector didn't actually own any .22 weapons, he just thought it was funny.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    PS watch for that 1,200 number to show up in LAPD's next round of statistics regarding guns taken off the street...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    He was a hoarder, not a criminal. How can the police justify seizing private property? Sad that his body was found after a considerable amount of time. Apparently nobody thought enough of him to report him missing. All that stuff didn't do him any good at all.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I wonder if he had much, if any, family. What kind of flaming hoops will they have to jump through to get custody of the weapons. I don't expect them to ever get them back if they want them. I'm pretty sure the LAPD will have a hard time releasing that many weapons to someone even if everything checks out just fine.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He will be persecuted to the full extent of the law. Oh! He's dead. Even better, dead men have no rights. We can bury him in the prison exercise yard forever, for his heinous crime against humanity.

Top Bottom