• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You can pay an extra $38 to have it shipped right away. Still a great deal at $125.

Patience is a virtue. Just order it and forget about it. It'll be like a nice surprise when it shows up. $87 well spent. Live with the stock trigger for 2 months.

Yeah but I don't want to wait 2 months to get it.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    You can pay an extra $38 to have it shipped right away. Still a great deal at $125.

Patience is a virtue. Just order it and forget about it. It'll be like a nice surprise when it shows up. $87 well spent. Live with the stock trigger for 2 months.
    That's certainly a good price. If there wasn't the Geissele G2S immediately available, I'd hop all over the MBT.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The Larue is pretty dang close to the SSA-e. It’s a definite step up from a G2S. Honestly, my Larue feels just as good as my SD-e. I really don’t see a reason to buy Geissele anymore with how cheap the Larue offering is.....but that’s just me, variety is the spice of life, and certainly nothing wrong with Geissele, I own some Geissele as well and will be keeping them.

That's certainly a good price. If there wasn't the Geissele G2S immediately available, I'd hop all over the MBT.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    SSAae's are legit but I got over "feel" a while ago start. I performance increase, for myself.
    The Larue is pretty dang close to the SSA-e. It’s a definite step up from a G2S. Honestly, my Larue feels just as good as my SD-e. I really don’t see a reason to buy Geissele anymore with how cheap the Larue offering is.....but that’s just me, variety is the spice of life, and certainly nothing wrong with Geissele, I own some Geissele as well and will be keeping them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I can wait for my MBTs to show up. If you can't wait, you can buy my Geissle SD-E. I love it but think I'll be selling it. I'm going to put the same triggers in all of my ARs.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Haven't most guys said they're triggers shipped a lot quicker than they expected??

I to was all SSA and now have no reason to buy more. I'm ordering another one of these just because I know I'll use it someday. I think that'll be 6.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yes, but don’t count on it. Especially with the $87 deal going on, I’d think they’ll have a boat load of orders to fulfill.

Haven't most guys said they're triggers shipped a lot quicker than they expected??

I to was all SSA and now have no reason to buy more. I'm ordering another one of these just because I know I'll use it someday. I think that'll be 6.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Ordered my first one today, I’ll report back when it gets here. Don’t need it soon, so I don’t mind waiting.

I’m still surprised these are selling for $87. At $99 I’m pretty sure they sold like hot cakes. Possibly trying to get the word out about this option, so Larue is eating some of the profits as a marketing move? Either way, these should fly off the shelves.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maybe trying to get a .mil contract on these???

Or maybe Mark is just the man and has paid off his setup and initial tooling cost and is passing the savings on.

Either way, this is awesome sauce.

Ordered my first one today, I’ll report back when it gets here. Don’t need it soon, so I don’t mind waiting.

I’m still surprised these are selling for $87. At $99 I’m pretty sure they sold like hot cakes. Possibly trying to get the word out about this option, so Larue is eating some of the profits as a marketing move? Either way, these should fly off the shelves.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I ordered mine exactly 19 days ago and it shipped today... Super stoked to try my first Larue trigger. I've only experienced the Geissele SSA-E so this should be interesting.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I like mine a lot. I also have an SSA-E, which I prefer, but the LaRue is very nice, especially for less than half the cost. Interestingly, the LaRue is the opposite of the SSA-E as far as pull weight. The first stage is lighter than the second stage.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Got mine and installed it... 3 times. It wouldn’t fit in one lower, and wouldn’t reset in the second. Finally replaced my ssa-e in my LWRC and it worked fine in that one. Funny thing is the SSA-e works great in all 3. It feels good in the LWRC, so I’m leaving it there.

Waited to post because I wanted to run some rounds through it. It’s been good for about 200 rounds.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Interesting. I have 3 now. All have been great.

They've had to have upped production with this deal. I wonder if you got a dud. I'd send it back if I were you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Got mine and installed it... 3 times. It wouldn’t fit in one lower, and wouldn’t reset in the second. Finally replaced my ssa-e in my LWRC and it worked fine in that one. Funny thing is the SSA-e works great in all 3. It feels good in the LWRC, so I’m leaving it there.

Waited to post because I wanted to run some rounds through it. It’s been good for about 200 rounds.

Yep, a simple phone call to them will most likely solve your trouble.... worth a shot.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    What brand were the lowers that wouldn’t accept the trigger?

I had this issue on a poor quality SOTA lower. That was the second time that lower visited the mill. Lesson learned on chitty lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Both were BCI defense lowers. I called Larue, the rep I talked to asked me to send him pictures and I did, never heard back. I’m sure they are ensuring springs are installed correctly.

It works in my LWRC lower and feels good, so I’m fine with leaving it there. Have never been a huge trigger snob, this one feels comparable to my ssa-e so I don’t mind moving the geissele to one of the other lowers.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Both were BCI defense lowers. I called Larue, the rep I talked to asked me to send him pictures and I did, never heard back. I’m sure they are ensuring springs are installed correctly.

It works in my LWRC lower and feels good, so I’m fine with leaving it there. Have never been a huge trigger snob, this one feels comparable to my ssa-e so I don’t mind moving the geissele to one of the other lowers.

I'm curious about the lowers. Were they already built and you were just swapping out triggers or stripped when you started?

We have 2 of the BCI lowers from the INGO buy and had problems with them. I think they were slightly out of spec. IIRC there were a couple of other people that had some problems as well. In our case it was with trying to install a Hahn 9mm adapter. It was the permanent variety, not the removable one. It wouldn't fit either of the lowers. It fit other lowers just fine though.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just installed the Larue MBT-2S trigger. Little did I know that the safety must be taken out to complete the install. No problem tho, a couple extra steps to do so. I'm using a Aero-Precision lower and it fit very nicely. On my digital trigger gauge I'm getting 1 lb 10 oz first stage and 3 lb 11 oz second stage break. Very crisp and super short take up. I can't wait to get it out to the range.

Total time from order to the door was 25 days.

Top Bottom