• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Both were BCI defense lowers. I called Larue, the rep I talked to asked me to send him pictures and I did, never heard back. I’m sure they are ensuring springs are installed correctly.

It works in my LWRC lower and feels good, so I’m fine with leaving it there. Have never been a huge trigger snob, this one feels comparable to my ssa-e so I don’t mind moving the geissele to one of the other lowers.

I'm curious about the lowers. Were they already built and you were just swapping out triggers or stripped when you started?

We have 2 of the BCI lowers from the INGO buy and had problems with them. I think they were slightly out of spec. IIRC there were a couple of other people that had some problems as well. In our case it was with trying to install a Hahn 9mm adapter. It was the permanent variety, not the removable one. It wouldn't fit either of the lowers. It fit other lowers just fine though.

They were stripped INGO lowers. So sounds like an issue with them.

Yep multiple members have had issues with their BCI lowers.

My three MBT's have ran great in Anderson and PSA lowers.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I ordered 2 on 10-4 and they should arrive 10-27.

I got an email saying that someone from Indiana won the UU raffle for that week. Was it you, V8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Nope... sadly. I wonder if it was an INGO member though

I ordered 2 on 10-4 and they should arrive 10-27.

I got an email saying that someone from Indiana won the UU raffle for that week. Was it you, V8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Just ordered today. Only trigger I’ve ever had on an ar is stock psa trigger hoping this is as awesome as you all say.

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    Hmm I think I might get this instead of the SSA-E combo that I was considering before. The extra pound of pull is not likely to bother me too much, and the price is quite a bit better.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Hmm I think I might get this instead of the SSA-E combo that I was considering before. The extra pound of pull is not likely to bother me too much, and the price is quite a bit better.

I am in the same boat. I have the SSA-E on two rifles and was looking to get another (since they're on sale again right now). But this may be a great alternative.

Anyone else have experience with this kit?

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    Honestly the fact that the MBT apparently has flatter profile trigger blade might be enough for me to favor it anyways since that's what I'm used to from handguns.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I am in the same boat. I have the SSA-E on two rifles and was looking to get another (since they're on sale again right now). But this may be a great alternative.

Anyone else have experience with this kit?

I have 6-7 AR's with SSA-E's and one with a LaRue MBT. I will be buying MBT's from now on unless the price gets to within a few dollars of the SSA-E.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Ordered the Larue last week and received an email today saying my order status is back ordered 2-3wk lead time

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    That seems consistent with what I've seen in the thread. I also ordered last week and just got the 2-3 week lead e-mail. My barrel shipped and should get here Friday though.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The mbt triggers can take a while, but they let you know ahead of time. I actually got a second email saying my trigger was processed and shipped 2 days after my 2-3week email. Probably luck, but they won me over. I will check out their website first if they offer what im looking for.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Still need to grab another one. I didn't know what to expect with my first one so I put it in my most used rifle, 16" BCM middy. Loved it and decided I had to have one for the 11.5" BMC pistol. The one that needs it now is the 20" BCM with a scope. You would think that would have been the first one, it gets shot the least though.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I like it. Feels wider than a RRA-NM without taking measurements.

Good stocking stuffer for Dad. :yesway:

I think it is a tad wider than most. I like the contour of the trigger, it has a good feel. At first I wondered if the front edges would be a problem with extended shooting. Turns out they weren't, there is just enough of a break in the edge where it doesn't irritate. If it were any sharper it might though.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I think it is a tad wider than most. I like the contour of the trigger, it has a good feel. At first I wondered if the front edges would be a problem with extended shooting. Turns out they weren't, there is just enough of a break in the edge where it doesn't irritate. If it were any sharper it might though.

My only issue was I had to remove the safety to install it. It seems like it was just wide enough to not allow the trigger to slide forward in the oval opening of the receiver to get under the safety.

I liked the feel of it too. Felt 'solid, tight but smooth' if that is a proper description for a trigger. Need to order another one. I think I'm going to have some extra RRA-NM and ALG ACTS in the parts bin... :yesway:

Did the same thing... Put it in the most used... 300BO 10.5" we call 'old faithful'.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom