• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'm fine up close, just starting to lose some distance vision. Night vision is odd in that I can see fine but can't read very well. Like I have no issue seeing any given object but I can't focus on the letters. I have the same issue with black on black sights with a black target. I can focus on the rear sight or the target but can't make my eyes focus on the front sight. It's essentially invisible to me except in brief transitions.
    I talked to my eye doc about issues with low light since getting lasik. Apparently when they do lasik, they only do the middle part of your lens because ???. the end result is your daytime vision's great but when your pupils dilate in the dark, they start taking in light from the uncorrected part of the lens so clarity goes to crap. I was kinda disappointed with how matter-of-fact this was announced. Wouldn't have stopped me but woulda at least nice to know or given an explanation why.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I talked to my eye doc about issues with low light since getting lasik. Apparently when they do lasik, they only do the middle part of your lens because ???. the end result is your daytime vision's great but when your pupils dilate in the dark, they start taking in light from the uncorrected part of the lens so clarity goes to crap. I was kinda disappointed with how matter-of-fact this was announced. Wouldn't have stopped me but woulda at least nice to know or given an explanation why.

There's more than one type of lasik. The "straight in" laser does what you describe. There's a narrow laser that goes in at an angle and resurfaces more of the cornea so the pupil can't dilate beyond the treated area. (Imagine an hour glass. Your pupil is the middle, the laser is the top and the bottom is your cornea).

I don't have any halos or fuzziness at night, I'm just partially colorblind and can't focus on certain areas of contrast. Nothing to do with lasik.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    There's more than one type of lasik. The "straight in" laser does what you describe. There's a narrow laser that goes in at an angle and resurfaces more of the cornea so the pupil can't dilate beyond the treated area. (Imagine an hour glass. Your pupil is the middle, the laser is the top and the bottom is your cornea).

I don't have any halos or fuzziness at night, I'm just partially colorblind and can't focus on certain areas of contrast. Nothing to do with lasik.
    ah, gotcha.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Well she's not a candidate for lasik, corneas are too thin and vision too bad. However they recommended lens implant instead which of course it a little more cash.

Top Bottom