Last nights State of the Union speech...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whats you're thought on hi speech.

• Total voters

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Okay, I tried to watch it. Made it through most of it while still conscious.

My take on it...
    Faster trains, more wireless access, Freeze not cut, don't "spend" but "invest", more wasted money on the Green tech with no return.
    So glad you "Get it" Mr President.

Pathetic!

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    littleenginethatcould.jpg

bighop1

Plinker
    Rating - 98.8%
    79   1   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    how are we supposed to get to the trains with luggage walk .if those trains are so fast we will never catch em. i say let china win one they can keep the trains.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    lot of talk. it seemed like he wanted a feel good speech for the country. I'm free market. If the market is there it will be done. planes are faster then trains and once someone attacks a train there will be pat downs there two.

same junk doubt anything will really change.:twocents:

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Mass transit doesent work without hundreds of billions of infrastructure. How do you freeze spending? Lets create green jobs. But we will have to spend billions in subsidies.

Hmmmmm...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Wants to increase jobs in America and further our inventions/innovations but lets GM build a big new factory in Mexico and thus losing US jobs and puts the skids on NASA. :dunno:

Trax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    He mentioned Reagan in his speech and wants to make more jobs. the problem is that the Reaganomics don't match with his view of jobs. The Government CANT create jobs. they can simply make an environment that is suitable for the private sector to flourish. and the only way to do that is to get the heck out of its way.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    *shrug* I think it was full of a lot of bull**** but I think, and always have believed, he has good intentions in the least. To be honest, the speech was a lot better (liberal vs conservative) and more precise than some of the other ones. However, he could say the sky is blue and people would disagree, or call him a liar because at beginning and end of the day it is not.

You should've had a "I liked it, but don't believe much of it will happen" option. Seems there was only one "good" option and the rest were critical. =p

It'll be addressed elsewhere I'm sure, but I'm still glad guns were not an issue last night.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He mentioned Reagan in his speech and wants to make more jobs. the problem is that the Reaganomics don't match with his view of jobs. The Government CANT create jobs. they can simply make an environment that is suitable for the private sector to flourish. and the only way to do that is to get the heck out of its way.

Incorrect.... Military Industrial Complex.

You're a free trade proponent, I'm assuming. So that means you have a positive view of Nafta? One can only like free trade up 'til a point. The point at which your standard of living declines because businesses, ever seeking the cheaper worker, move your jobs to a 3rd world country. How do you compete with a guy who's willing to work 14 hrs a day at 50 cents and hour? You can't, unless you lower your standards to match his. Govt, instituting tarrifs on foreign-made products, which is 100% the opposite of free trade, isn't always a bad thing.

Free Trade within our borders .... Awesome, Global Free Trade... we (Americans, with the higest standard of living in the world) lose.

Now, there is a exeception to my dislike of global free trade. I will often supprot it if the nation we're "trading" with has a similar first world economy... like Canada.

Last edited:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I fell asleep about 15 minutes in. I'd like to blame it on the speech, but going to bed at 2 and waking up at 6 didn't help I'm sure.:D Maybe I'll watch the rest of it on the DVR.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    *shrug* I think it was full of a lot of bull**** but I think, and always have believed, he has good intentions in the least.

It'll be addressed elsewhere I'm sure, but I'm still glad guns were not an issue last night.

The road to Hell, sir, is paved with such "good intentions". :D
    Lenin and Stalin had similar good intentions.

And I totally agree with your point at the end, Ghost.

Watch their Deeds not their Words. Both Republicans and Democrats. And hold them to the fire.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I have reached a point where I don't believe a word that comes out of either parties mouth. I can't stand to watch Obama, whether he uses his buddy the teleprompter or not. I can't stand the fact that they want us to change the way we live, but he & his wife have done nothing to change the way the live except spend LOTS of OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I have reached a point where I don't believe a word that comes out of either parties mouth. I can't stand to watch Obama, whether he uses his buddy the teleprompter or not. I can't stand the fact that they want us to change the way we live, but he & his wife have done nothing to change the way the live except spend LOTS of OUR GRANDKID'S MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FTFY

Top Bottom