EBEV6WN.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I still have 3 pair of Levi's that are only worn when I put on my Nike Air's. The jeans and the Nike's are over a year old and look brand new. Thems are my high classy
    Dress-em ups cloths...

I have "go to town" clothes and separate work clothes that often aren't even jeans. I need to do an inventory, may have enough Levi's to last for years. The next question is when/if we quit wearing them, because they are Levis?

I used to taunt the "operator guys" who wore cargo pants all the time. :) I might have to give in and start wearing my fire hose work pants to town??? I care less and less about "my look" now days. :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I tried a pair of Carhartt jeans. They have been pretty good, but their belt loop placement is just a little off compared to Levi’s or wranglers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do like the thought of buying US made jeans and those Texas ones aren't as expensive as some others I have seen. I may have to try a pair just to see.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    My fancy jeans are Rural king jeans for 9 bucks. I like the way they look and they fit me well. I wear a uniform to work that is paid for by my company. They, unfortunately, are Red Kap. Sad to hear that. -Jason

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Yep. You are right. LS is a privately held company, and their brands are Levis, Dockers, and Denizen.

VF is a holding company and they have the following:
    Lee
    Napijri
    Red Kap
    Reef
    North Face
    Timberland
    Vans
    Wrangler
    Walls
    Smarwool
    (and more I have never heard of)

You saved the day! By the way, Smartwool is awesome! Keeps you warm while deer hunting and snowmobiling in the UP when it is -20.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My fancy jeans are Rural king jeans for 9 bucks. I like the way they look and they fit me well. I wear a uniform to work that is paid for by my company. They, unfortunately, are Red Kap. Sad to hear that. -Jason

Why unfortunately? That company is not owned by Levi Strauss.

shawn1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Minneapolis
    Hit them where it hurts. The Almighty wallet. Levis makes many products, not just jeans. I would not do anything stupid like burn my own already paid for merchandise, I would make it a family rule. Boycott to the max. If you see someone buying their apparel treat them like you would treat Hillary. Disrespect & garbage.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The warden informed me that I have a pair of Rural King jeans that I wear all the time.

Funny....I could have sworn they were as good as my $60 Cinch jeans.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    Rural King for around the property. Have some Lee's that I still wear. No Levi's for several years. I've gotten use to Duluth Trading of late.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I wear carpenter pants.I will not buy anymore RK's because they tear at the rear pocket after 4-5 washings.I like the Wrangler,but their zipper is kinda short.I too am back to Carhartt and Duluth.Gonna try their No Bull guarantee and see if I can return a pair that does not fit because I put on a few lbs.Anyone know how Lee's are still holding up?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wear carpenter pants.I will not buy anymore RK's because they tear at the rear pocket after 4-5 washings.I like the Wrangler,but their zipper is kinda short.I too am back to Carhartt and Duluth.Gonna try their No Bull guarantee and see if I can return a pair that does not fit because I put on a few lbs.Anyone know how Lee's are still holding up?

I have a stack of lees on the shelf. Thy are my go to work pants. They hold up well for the price point.

Top Bottom