• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I just thought about this but I had just put a black INGO sticker in the back window of my truck hahahahaha. I know the uni that came out too. He's a POS cop, when I was aroking the apatments down there he was always relectant to help out. I found ten crack rocks in individual baggies stuffed under a car seat after I caught some kids messing around in the back seat and he said "i'm not touching the seat" so I gloved up and pulled the seat off and he wouldn't accept it because it wasn't "fresh pursuit" so I smashed them into the street. And the plainclothes guy was a freaking constable for Lawerence. I hate those guys, totally unneeded and they are all a little dirty. And I did open carry the other day back at the same gas station, that's when I found out how I got stopped. And the description of the guy fit the profile of the plain clothes guy, so maybe.......

The funny part is they asked who I was talking to on the phone and I told them ' my nra lawyer" lol which isn't too far removed from the truth. I just got off the phone with them and they said I can totally make a complaint about it. I'm just wondering if there is a statute of limitations for filing complaints on LEO's. Man I really love this site, and wish I could post more often, and with more content than all the crazy bs I get for carrying a weapon.

aetucker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    I can honestly say that I am not one to usually get worked up over stories of cops harassing people carrying, but this is WAY out of line. There is NO reason whatsoever that cops should do something like this if you are compliant. Definitely file a formal complaint and see if you can get an interview with one of the higher ups regarding the situation. You might even see if you were caught on tape from a security camera or something....not sure if that is possible to do or not.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I would drive straight to the police station to have a conversation with the chief.

This. That's an EASY way for a dumbarse cop to get themselves shot. If you're in plainclothes and you point a gun at me for no damned good reason and I can't determine in a 1/2 second that you're a retarded cop, then natural instinct WILL take over and the defecation will hit the fan.

File a complaint, talk to the chief, threaten to go to the media if need be. This is outrageous.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I ddn't think that there would be this kind of outpouring! You have inspired me and I AM going to file on Friday, or at least go talk to them and see where it goes, and I think I'm gonna talk to the people at the video store and see how far back the camera goes and if there is one that points out there

@ PatriotPride: I almost did, that's really what shook me up about the whole thing really, but I didn't tell him that, I already know how that would have went down.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That is total BS... Glad you had that SGT buddy before things got worse.

I would *most defiantely* file a complaint... In person, try to get your SGT buddy to schedule a meeting with someone who won't just round file your report.

That really makes me upset.

What he said.

You know, motorcycle riders have a bike to work day in the spring. How about an OC carry day, for states that allow it.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I ddn't think that there would be this kind of outpouring! You have inspired me and I AM going to file on Friday, or at least go talk to them and see where it goes, and I think I'm gonna talk to the people at the video store and see how far back the camera goes and if there is one that points out there

@ PatriotPride: I almost did, that's really what shook me up about the whole thing really, but I didn't tell him that, I already know how that would have went down.

Good! This crap won't cease unless we force it to.

And if it went to a jury of your peers I would certainly hope that you were acquitted (had you taken the shot). I mean, what the hell kind of retard do you have to be to be in plainclothes, beating on someone's car who you KNOW is armed, and pointing a firearm at them? :n00b: That's an UNMATCHED level of stupidity. That officer is going to get himself or someone else killed if he continues this behavior.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I would drive straight to the police station to have a conversation with the chief.

+1

I would call and try to arrange a meeting with the Chief, and if I got the run around, I would call every single day (hell, 4x a day) until I got a meeting. If they still wouldn't schedule a meeting with me, I would visit the police station in person.

As long as you're polite in your initial approach, I would hope the Chief would be accepting to your meeting request. Before sitting down with him, just make sure you have all your facts and names straight.

Sorry to hear this happened to you...but we have to educate the masses every single day.

Cricket Tickler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    I do hope, if your meeting or complaint falls on deaf ears, that you contact a media outlet of some type and bring greater attention to this suppression of your civil right.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    FILE A COMPLAINT.

YOU HAVE A SOLID CASE AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A HECK OF AN APOLOGY FROM THESE OFFICERS.

In real life we sometimes need to educate officers. I am one who is supportive of police about 99% of the time. Personally I would not sue for money but rather for 'sensitivity training' and special 'counciling' for the entire department so that they understand the violation of your 'civil rights' as a protected minority (less than 50% of the populaation own guns).

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I'm not sure of the constables name. He was a short white guy with like reddish skin and white hair.

@melensdad: I am totally supportive of police, I would probably be on with them if any pd was hiring when I get the urge to apply. But you are most assuredly correct that some officers need further training when it comes to legally armed members of society. These guys went full retard, and you never go full retard.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I'm not sure of the constables name. He was a short white guy with like reddish skin and white hair.

My google-fu - "Lawrence township Indiana constable"

brianbulger1.jpg
    Brian N. Bulger , the Lawrence Township Constable

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'd file a complaint.

I do have a comment though for you to consider. Even if the guy "with a glock pointed at your head" was not a cop, do you think that going for your own firearm at THAT SPECIFIC MOMENT would have been the right idea?

I'll leave that for others to discuss.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    well considering I work in some of the most dangerous areas in lawrence, I have prepared myself for the day that the situation might arise when I would have someone try and cause me undue harm. So at the specific moment it would be highly unprobable that I would survive just trying to pull and fire. What the guy would have failed to realize is that I sit with my car in reverse when I park facing in until I am ready to get out, so in that unfortunate event that hopefully will never happen, I would flatten said perp like a pancake and THEN proceed to get down to business.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    well considering I work in some of the most dangerous areas in lawrence, I have prepared myself for the day that the situation might arise when I would have someone try and cause me undue harm. So at the specific moment it would be highly unprobable that I would survive just trying to pull and fire. What the guy would have failed to realize is that I sit with my car in reverse when I park facing in until I am ready to get out, so in that unfortunate event that hopefully will never happen, I would flatten said perp like a pancake and THEN proceed to get down to business.
    sounds like a much better plan. :)
    I was just going off of the "I stared to reach for my gun" sentance in the OP

Top Bottom