New Albany
    [h=1]Actions for House Bill 1415[/h]

Reverse
    All Actions House Actions Senate Actions
    H 04/26/2017 Signed by the Governor
    S 04/24/2017 Signed by the President of the Senate
    S 04/21/2017 Signed by the President Pro Tempore
    H 04/21/2017 Signed by the Speaker
    H 04/21/2017 House reconsidered and concurred in Senate amendments; Roll Call 539: yeas 90, nays 8

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm happy to say that I brought home a young asymmetrical six-pointer last fall with my Ruger M77 .30-06 for its maiden voyage in the deer woods, but I'm really happy for all the guys with heirloom rifles and big boomers they bought themselves (looking at you, Leadeye!) who will finally be able to hunt with them.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'm happy to say that I brought home a young asymmetrical six-pointer last fall with my Ruger M77 .30-06 for its maiden voyage in the deer woods, but I'm really happy for all the guys with heirloom rifles and big boomers they bought themselves (looking at you, Leadeye!) who will finally be able to hunt with them.

Has there been, or will there soon be, an official announcement from IDNR?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

I took a small racked, but fairly large bodied 3 pointer this last season with a brand spankin' new Mossberg 464 .30-30.
    That buck never took the first step. Just fell straight sideways.
    He fell so fast I lost sight of him when the rifle went off. He was in my sights when I pulled the trigger, and then he was just gone!
    Fell behind a VERY small berm and just disappeared.

I'm hoping to initiate several more firearms this upcoming season.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I took a small racked, but fairly large bodied 3 pointer this last season with a brand spankin' new Mossberg 464 .30-30.
    That buck never took the first step. Just fell straight sideways.
    He fell so fast I lost sight of him when the rifle went off. He was in my sights when I pulled the trigger, and then he was just gone!
    Fell behind a VERY small berm and just disappeared.

I'm hoping to initiate several more firearms this upcoming season.

Sounds as if your bullet may have struck the spinal column on the way out.
    That happened with my first ever deer, a doe facing me directly when I shot her right at the white patch of her chest right below the neck.
    I was intending only for the old reliable heart/lung zone, which the bullet faithfully obliterated, but on the way out it also snapped her neck, dropping her quite literally in her tracks.
    She didn't even take a step or stir after she fell.
    My buck from last fall ran, then walked, only going 50 feet before dropping.
    I rolled my own, as I have with all ammo that I've used for deer hunting, a 165 grain Barnes TTSX pushed by 57 grains of IMR4831, fired by a CCI 200 primer, and loaded in Federal brass.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    That's certainly in the near future.
    I'm sure that they're already done or nearly done with writing the updated hunting guide.

This becomes effective on July 1. It will be in the "Guide" for sure. I'm not sure about an "official announcement". They do press releases periodically so that could be included in one of those..

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    You can't go wrong with either of those. My doe this year didn't even take a step after I got her with my 1949 vintage Winchester Model 70 in 30-06. I'm sure 308 would have been the same.

Top Bottom