Latest Polls: Coats 52% of the vote ~ Rebecca Sink Burris not on radar!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Picture11.png

Looks like in our state we will be getting Dan Coats as our Senator by a very wide margin.

That has what this election looked like since he won the primary. He's always been in the lead, he's always held a wide margin.

No matter how many members of INGO vote, we can't swing this election to Rebecca Sink-Burris. However we can SEND A MESSAGE to the GOP. There are 10,000+ on this forum. If we can get a reasonable number of INGO members to stand up, we can send a message to both the GOP and the Democratic party. A vote for the Libertarian Candidate for US Senate would send a message, and Rebecca Sink-Burris is that candidate.

So what is the message? Simple, its SMALLER and LESS RESTRICTIVE government that spends LESS and controls LESS.

If a GOP member crosses and votes for Ellsworth to send a message then that message will simply be lost in the "statistical rounding" component. If a Dem member crosses over and votes for Coats to send a message then that message will also be lost.

But if people vote for someone who has no statistical chance of winning then its possible to send a real message. As it is both the Dems and the GOP are expecting Ms Sink-Burris to attain about 3 to 4% of the total vote. They are expecting Coats to walk away with a big majority at something over 50% and they are expecting Ellsworth to have nearly 40% of the vote (after the undecideds actually decide).

But 5000 to 10,000 extra votes for Rebecca Sink-Burris could bump her up to 7, 8 or even 9% of the total. It could also drop Coats down to something under 50% (he's still win) and it could drop Ellsworth down under 33%. A big turnout for a third party sends a big message to the dominant party. It won't change the results but it will impact some future decisions.

By the way, it is actually possible that the Libertarian candidate for Indiana Secretary of State could WIN the election this year. That would also send some SHOCK WAVES through the 2 dominant parties. Please consider voting for Mike Wherry, LIBERTARIAN for Secretary of State.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Polls are a joke, here is a poll of 500 likely voters that puts Rebecca at 62%.
    Indiana Senate Race 2010

Everyone I know is voting for Rebecca. I even got my boss who is a die hard repub, saying he is going to vote for her, because he thinks coats is a landslide and doesn't like him very much....haha If votes here in Indiana are actually still counted and counted properly I think the state will be amazed at how much support she is really getting.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Polls are a joke...
    Actually some of the better polling companies have been very accurate and consistently accurate over time. Rasmussen polling is among the most accurate and most widely credited polling firms because they are so accurate.

In fact I'd be willing to make you a reasonable bet, that is that if the final Rasmussen polls for the IN Senate race are off by more than 5% either way with Coat's vote count then I will print out your post and eat the piece of paper. But if your poll is wrong by more than 15% either way then you do the same.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I picked up Nuvo yesterday and saw that they had here picture in there. It was a terrible photo in which she was holding poodles or stuffed animals. Nuvo (I know, a way leftie rag) listed her as not even on the radar too and poked fun of her.

All the more reason to vote for the poodle-loving grandma.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I don't care what the polls say, I am voting Sink-Burris!

I can't believe the Indiana Republican party even let that lobbyist run!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I wouldn't be surprised is she can't garner more than 5% of the vote. I don't know where she's spending her efforts to get her name out, but if it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't even know she was running until this past week when the news mentioned the debates.

I'm not criticizing her efforts. Just an observation that I don't think she's made much progress in the name-recognition category.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I wouldn't be surprised is she can't garner more than 5% of the vote. I don't know where she's spending her efforts to get her name out, but if it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't even know she was running until this past week when the news mentioned the debates.

I'm not criticizing her efforts. Just an observation that I don't think she's made much progress in the name-recognition category.

I agree. I havent seen a single bleep from her on my radar. Outside of INGO, I know of NO ONE who knows her.

And I was never able to see her Debates, so thanks to INGO, I know her name.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Voting for Rebecca is a good thing. I seriously hope she breaks %5 this go around. Shoot, I'd really prefer that she win.
    On a more serious note, the person who really needs 5% or better is the Libertarian Party candidate Mike Wherry. Breaking 5% in that race means a lot more. It really shouldn't be hard for anyone with a conscience to vote for him. The dem in the race is part of the blue machine. The rep in the race has already committed voter fraud and will likely be removed from office if he wins. Imagine, the person in charge of elections and stopping election fraud is already guilty of it. Is that really who people want in that position? Mike Wherry is actually a good candidate.
    Mike Wherry for Indiana Secretary of State: About Mike

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I agree. I havent seen a single bleep from her on my radar. Outside of INGO, I know of NO ONE who knows her.

And I was never able to see her Debates, so thanks to INGO, I know her name.

Agreed. If it weren't for INGO I don't think I would have heard of her. I have been anxiously awaiting a TV commercial or something.

From what I have read she has my vote. I just wish more people would get the same message.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm in. I'd not heard her name elsewhere, but it doesn't matter. I'm not voting either R or D in any race where I can vote an L. There's at least one race where I may not vote a R or a D even though there is no L running.

I'd sure love to see both of the bickering little boys left with their jaws on the floor as she was sworn in to the Senate, though.

Go, Rebecca, go!

Blessings,
    Bill

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

This. I've not seen her name anywhere but on this forum. I think she's been too busy preaching to the choir!

Top Bottom