Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The leaks are covering a number of things. Corruption in the Afghan government (including theft of millions). Saudi war fomenting, in an attempt to get us to attack Iran while they sit back and reap the profits from oil price rises. Chinese hacking of numerous systems, including Google and American businesses. There's a lot of info there that of interest. Tons of info.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    On the upside, I can't see how Hillary will be allowed to stay in power, given that she ordered her diplomats to spy on people at the UN. She's a goner.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    On the upside, I can't see how Hillary will be allowed to stay in power, given that she ordered her diplomats to spy on people at the UN. She's a goner.

You are kidding, right? "Diplomats" have been spying on people everywhere for decades. It is what spooks do. :patriot:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Glad you see an upside to releasing 250K top secret, secret and noforn documents. I'm wondering how many people will be compromised and killed. But it's OK, you keep your focus on hating the government.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Glad you see an upside to releasing 250K top secret, secret and noforn documents. I'm wondering how many people will be compromised and killed. But it's OK, you keep your focus on hating the government.

Just curious,,,what if we find out we were wrong in what were doing??? Do we have to support America even if were wrong??? Is it more important to be moral or loyal??? Is America supposed to be the winners??? Or the good guys???

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I don't see his comment as "hating the government". Hating Hilary Clinton, yes. But is that a bad thing? :)

One thing I've learned on the "net is not to let your dislike of a particular poster carry you over the line to where you don't read what he's actually saying. I generally identify with the conservative position, but I do find that liberals are right part of the time and conservatives wrong part of the time.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't see his comment as "hating the government". Hating Hilary Clinton, yes. But is that a bad thing? :)

One thing I've learned on the "net is not to let your dislike of a particular poster carry you over the line to where you don't read what he's actually saying. I generally identify with the conservative position, but I do find that liberals are right part of the time and conservatives wrong part of the time.

I won't comment on mrjarrell's stance toward our government, but I would like to point out that exposing our secret communications, whether it brings out good points or bad points, is designed to lessen our effectiveness and embarrass us as a nation; it isn't "for our own good" or "to expose the truth". You'll notice that no Russian or Chinese documents have been leaked, exposing their diplomatic and espionage secrets. This is because Wikileaks knows what would happen if they did so. Thus, their "noble efforts" (whatever they may happen to be) are just more hypocritical cra* by self-important hackers...disappear them.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

It's a running theme. There's no justification whatsoever for stealing classified documents and then posting them on the Interznet for all to see.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You'll notice that no Russian or Chinese documents have been leaked, exposing their diplomatic and espionage secrets. This is because Wikileaks knows what would happen if they did so. Thus, their "noble efforts" (whatever they may happen to be) are just more hypocritical cra* by self-important hackers...disappear them.

Could it be that the mysterious insider only has inside information on one government... the American government?

How many governments does one guy have time to expose?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Interesting stuff coming out from The Guardian. Looks like loads of people in the ME really want(ed) us to attack Iran. Of course they'd have no skin in that particular game and we'd bear the brunt of the combat and retaliation on the ground, via our guys and girls in Iraq and our ships in the Gulf. Thankfully, no-one took these people up on their wishes. These countries would profit from any Iran/American conflict and we'd be the ultimate loser, in the short and long run.

Saudi Arabia urges US attack on Iran to stop nuclear programme | World news | guardian.co.uk

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I talked to quite a few friends from Europe: There are TONS of magazines, blogs and other media sources that are not government or corporation held that engage in nothing but leaking information that is "of interest of the people". Things like government corruption, secretive machinations (not plans, the machinations are usually of ill nature and not helpful to the nation state, such as the Saudi plans mentioned earlier).

Me amigo from Sweden says the magazines and reporters who do this stuff get their information from vague sources but always follow up. It's mindless reporting of the information, such as WikiLeaks, that hurts things and can get people killed by compromising them. It's when the plans are not verified and the reporter does not see the potential harm in releasing the info that hurts the nation state. They (the european small magazines) are frequently criticized for actually working WITH the governments in Europe to catch corruption! Here, anything critical of the .gov or anything that could be harmful is seen in a different light: Potentially harming the government.

I like a middle ground in this debate: I WANT to know of corruption, government plans (that could harm the nation state needlessly, like the Iran Contra situations) and things like that, but I want CAREFUL reporting of them, verified information and the reporters making quality judgement calls in releasing the information. Troop movements and strengths like Geraldo is idiotic, but releasing documents stating troops torturing captured people or corruption involving oil trade is a complete different animal and SHOULD be reported. :twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's a running theme. There's no justification whatsoever for stealing classified documents and then posting them on the Interznet for all to see.

He was a disgruntled homosexual in the military. He was upset with "don't ask, don't tell" not being cancelled as Obama promised. Advancing the radical homosexual agenda is more important than National security.
    PFC Bradley Manning

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    He was a disgruntled homosexual in the military. He was upset with "don't ask, don't tell" not being cancelled as Obama promised. Advancing the radical homosexual agenda is more important than National security.
    PFC Bradley Manning

Just another Libtard willing to expose others for death to advance a sick personal agenda. A hero for the Hate America First crowd.

He meets all the criteria for induction into the Libtard hall of fame. I hope he gets his wish and is a prison ***** for the rest of he short miserable existance.

Top Bottom