• ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Are you kidding me????????????????????
    "CLOSE FRIEND"? Any kind of "FRIEND" would tell the whole truth, no matter what kind of trouble he would get in!
    Are you really saying that you would not tell me what happened to my daughter ( your "CLOSE FRIEND") if she was dead or missing????????
    Would you really be so concerned with getting charged with giving alcohol to a minor, or cocain or what the f**k ever, that you would let those parents go through the HELL they've been through for the last couple weeks?
    I hope to GOD that my daughters never have so called "FRIENDS" like that!!!!!
    my lawyer (yes the first thing I would do is get a lawyer) would tell the police any pertinent info. does it really matter if she was coked up or drunk or stoned? she was ****ed up. thats really all you need to know. she played with fire and probly got burt. no its not right. bad things should never happen no matter how easy you make it likely to, but we live in a bad world with bad people, its fact. therefore when you ignore those facts and get complacent while also putting yourself into bad environments and vulnerabilities I can guarantee eventually you will have something bad happen to you or you will do something bad to someone else. maybe not intentionally but you are still responsible none the less.

I dont think there is any question at this point whether she is alive or dead. especially with her medical problem. I hope the family can atleast find her and have closure. and hopefully also any persons involved get justice served to them

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I agree with the basis of what you are saying, but I'm also not looking at possible felony charges ahead of me. Who knows how people will act when faced with severe consequences like that.

My point is simple! I understand everyone's rights! I also know that if you have vital information, you are very likely to get immunity from any charges for giving up the information!
    My personal opinion, if I had information that could help find her, no matter what I had personally done.... I would give it up!!!! No ifs, ands, or buts!!!!!

I've got to ask.... If you had been out with her that night, and let's say, hypothetically, that you had done some cocaine with her or given her alcohol, or whatever the case may be, would you not tell everything you know??????

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I've got to ask.... If you had been out with her that night, and let's say, hypothetically, that you had done some cocaine with her or given her alcohol, or whatever the case may be, would you not tell everything you know??????

Yes. Absolutely. But I would do it with a lawyer by my side advising me.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    my lawyer (yes the first thing I would do is get a lawyer) would tell the police any pertinent info. does it really matter if she was coked up or drunk or stoned? she was ****ed up. thats really all you need to know. she played with fire and probly got burt. no its not right. bad things should never happen no matter how easy you make it likely to, but we live in a bad world with bad people, its fact. therefore when you ignore those facts and get complacent while also putting yourself into bad environments and vulnerabilities I can guarantee eventually you will have something bad happen to you or you will do something bad to someone else. maybe not intentionally but you are still responsible none the less.

I dont think there is any question at this point whether she is alive or dead. especially with her medical problem. I hope the family can atleast find her and have closure. and hopefully also any persons involved get justice served to them

I was responding to RockofStrength with my question.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yes. Absolutely. But I would do it with a lawyer by my side advising me.

Understood completely ! Some seem like they would just clam up, from fear of incriminating themselves!

I WOULD RATHER SPEND MY LIFE IN PRISON, THAN TO LIVE WITH THE GUILT, KNOWING I COULD HAVE HELPED THAT FAMILY FIND THEIR DAUGHTER!!!!!!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    There might be another reason that the friends have lawyered up, they took Lauren to a bar, and some of them, if not all were not yet allowed to have the stuff served at a bar according to state standards.

Any of them stating that they bought Lauren a drink has just admitted to committing a crime.

Purdue University just put a program into effect protecting students who although they had consumed those horrible beverages, will not be held accountable (amnesty?) if they have to call medical personnel to help a drunk but not yet old enough friend.

I wonder if Lauren had too much to drink, and her friends don't want to be jailed for not calling for help.

So, you think by admitting to buying a drink for a friend, that you would be thrown in jail???? I don't think so!

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    either way.. any guy/man/boy that was with her the night she went missing needs a good ole' @ss beating,, just for letting her walk home alone, or leave the bar drunk. it may just be me.. idc if she was to young or not. but i'll take a PI or and OWI before i take a close friend losing their life...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    either way.. any guy/man/boy that was with her the night she went missing needs a good ole' @ss beating,, just for letting her walk home alone, or leave the bar drunk. it may just be me.. idc if she was to young or not. but i'll take a PI or and OWI before i take a close friend losing their life...

Right on!!!!!
    From what I read, one guy walked with her for a while, tried to get her to sleep on his couch( yeah right), then let her go off by herself, if that was my son, I would personally kick his ass!!!!!

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I didn't say it isn't a crime!!!!
    Do you really think that you would spend any time in jail for it though? Under these circumstances?????? Probably not even a ticket!!!!

well it's an arrestable offence, but in this situation i think they have higher priorities, and arresting someone for this is not one of them.. i do agree with you.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I didn't say it isn't a crime!!!!
    Do you really think that you would spend any time in jail for it though? Under these circumstances?????? Probably not even a ticket!!!!

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor that results in that minor's death? Yeah, they might have a special place lined up for you there.

Like others have said, my child would be telling all the pertinent information they have...through an attorney.

Again, it's a sad situation. In 2 years my oldest will be headed to college. Even though I've done my best him, I still have lots of work ahead me as a parent to make sure he's ready.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You can thank the womens lib movement for that.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    What does this mean? You think there's something up with the parents????
    What do you mean, how they presented themselves???
    I said "I can't put my finger on it" something wasn't right about them, that's how it came off to me. I don't know whats up with the parents, if anything.

I thought my statement was pretty self explanatory, but see how statements can be twisted around and somebody can get all bent outta shape?
    Maybe we need to lawyer up before posting on INGO, what a world, what a world!:laugh:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Contributing to the delinquency of a minor that results in that minor's death? Yeah, they might have a special place lined up for you there.

Like others have said, my child would be telling all the pertinent information they have...through an attorney.

Again, it's a sad situation. In 2 years my oldest will be headed to college. Even though I've done my best him, I still have lots of work ahead me as a parent to make sure he's ready.

Its not contributing to the delinquency of a minor under IC 35-46-1-8 unless the victim is under 18. Providing alcohol to underagers who are 18 or older is a separate offense under IC 7.1-5-7-8 with different penalties. However, "causing death" does enhance both offenses to a felony.

Best,

Joe

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Well, according to some websites and news reports, two of the male friends (not sure which ones) are still in Bloomington. One of them has an attorney who used to be the former Monroe County prosecutor. It is said that he has cooperated fully and even participated in a police polygraph. I'm not sure about the guy who is still in Bloomington.

At least two other male friends have left the state. One is claiming on Facebook that he is in Spain, or listed his "Home" as Barcelona, Spain. Of these two, one hired high profile Indy defense attorneys James Voyles and Jennifer Lukemeyer. From what it is said, he isn't talking. Not sure if he ever did or not.

It sounds like most, if not all, of these individuals come from extremely wealthy families from the east coast. Obviously, there is enough money to retain lawyers.

No one knows for sure what happened. Any claims made by anyone are suspect if there isn't supporting, non-attached evidence. Just because some of the guys have gotten good lawyers doesn't mean much. It is actually a smart move. Even if they had nothing to do with her disappearance, the rumors of drugs and partying could be the reason why they obtained lawyers. Just because a kid comes from money doesn't mean they are above being narcotic suppliers.

It is hard telling what really happened. With all the sickos constantly re-released into society due to jail and prison overcrowding, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that some stranger just abducted her. The friends may need to lawyer up for a few reasons:
    #1: They killer her.
    #2: They were doing something that caused her death, possibly due to her heart condition (drugs, dancing, sex).
    #3: They had nothing to do with her disappearance, but supplied her drugs and don't want to get caught up with any of that.
    #4: They didn't do anything illegal, but want to protect themselves for a possible overzealous police department wanting someone to hang this on and/or an overzealous prosecutor's office wanting the same.

Would you really be so concerned with getting charged with giving alcohol to a minor, or cocain or what the f**k ever, that you would let those parents go through the HELL they've been through for the last couple weeks?

Sure her parents are living a nightmare, but the fact remains, if it was a natural death in terms of she willful ingested whatever and nature took its course, then why would someone want to lose their freedom and/or rights over that? This is why hard decisions are going to have to be made with the prosecutor's office. They try to find as much information as they can, and when they need someone's incriminating statement dealing with whatever, they can offer immunity and just hope to hell they didn't just let someone get away with murder, rape, etc..

Given the constant appeal for her friends to tell all, it really makes it sound like at least some of them likely know more than they are saying. The more people that know, the stronger the likelihood of the truth, or at least a portion of it, will come to light in the future.

I also know that if you have vital information, you are very likely to get immunity from any charges for giving up the information!

Like you said, don't say anything without blanket immunity, not just from this case, but others. That is a huge issue for a prosecutor: How you make sure that your not giving the killer a free pass?

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    sounds like some of the stories this week changed a little bit. To me, it sounds like Rossman is gonna be the one to look at. "Doesn't remember anything" after being punched and his "story" (you can't remember anything) appears to be different from the video they uncovered this week of her stumbling out of control.

I pray for everyone who has children that they find this heartless criminal.

Top Bottom