• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Clover has taken over my lawn this season. Anyone have any ideas how to eliminate it without killing the grass? I have about 1/2 acre.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll be interested to hear any suggestions too. In addition to clover, I have "Creeping Charlie"... that viny stuff with round leaves with scalloped edges. It gets everwhere and none of the lawn-safe herbicides seem to do anything to it or the clover.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    T-zone works on clover in grass..get it at siteone landscape supply or online.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I'll be interested to hear any suggestions too. In addition to clover, I have "Creeping Charlie"... that viny stuff with round leaves with scalloped edges. It gets everwhere and none of the lawn-safe herbicides seem to do anything to it or the clover.

Tzone for this too

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I have 3 acres of grass that is perfectly clean of weeds by spraying Trimec 992. I live in the country surrounded by fields and fence rows comprised with many types of weeds, yet our yard is very good for a rural property. Trimec Classic or 992 have done a great job for us.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Man. Down home if you go to the hardware they'll sell you the Beanblossom yard mix. Includes ladino white clover, violets, fescue, bluegrass, ragweed, crabgrass, dandelions and poison ivy. With the occasional wild ramp thrown in for flavor. Deer love it, rabbits love it, the clover fixes nitrogen so everything is a nice shade of green. What's not to like?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm just happy if it looks green and appears to be "lawn" after I mow it. I never minded the clover as I have always heard that it was good for the soil as well.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm just happy if it looks green and appears to be "lawn" after I mow it. I never minded the clover as I have always heard that it was good for the soil as well.

Probably 50% of my yard is clover. Years ago the wife bought some weed and feed for our side yard. It revealed exactly how my grass we really had. Not much. I don't fight it The bunnies seem to like it. They are fun to watch anyway.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I would love to find a safe lawn herbicide. We live in the county, and have a well, so I won't use weed killers unless they are 100% natural. Don't want that stuff getting in to my ground water. So far, I have not found a natural weed killer for lawns. There are a few home-made recipes for total vegetation killing, but of course those kill grass as well. I just tell my wife "see the pretty yellow flowers in the lawn" and then a few weeks later, "see the pretty white flowers in the lawn".:)

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Triplet has always worked great for me. Another tip is don't mow your grass too short, I set my mower at 3 1/4". Feed your lawn to get a thick stand of grass, that helps crowd out the weeds.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Another tip is don't mow your grass too short, I set my mower at 3 1/4". Feed your lawn to get a thick stand of grass, that helps crowd out the weeds.
    I just recently found this out, good to know. But would fertilizer also feed the weeds as well? Is it a draw or does the grass win?

Top Bottom