• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It seems like the story has changed a bit from this morning on Fox59. I saw the news cast around 8 and they mentioned it was a bring back from Vietnam. I asked the wife and she remembers them saying that too.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It seems like the story has changed a bit from this morning on Fox59. I saw the news cast around 8 and they mentioned it was a bring back from Vietnam. I asked the wife and she remembers them saying that too.
    Unless it's a registered war trophy(de-activated), or an NFA DD, somebody's gonna be in trouble!

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Story said he had been robbed before, and a AR 15 carbine was stolen. ! The video clips show a safe, but they did not get into it. Apparently the homeowner has multiple guns simply hidden around the house. My understanding he was a Vietnam Vet and Retired Sherriff. And ye, Vietnam and Desert Storm guys were able to come back with a lot of stuff. And grenades, you only have to return the pin to show you had 'expended' it. Besides, whoever puts a pin back in?

W

wingmaster

If it wasnt a police officer they would be in jail for having the grenade and wouldnt be getting the gun back.QUOTE=LtScott14;7285408]Law Enforcement deals with ammo and explosive devices. We had a county Bomb Squad that was very busy. Widows call in to the PD about former husband foot lockers, and find grenades, mortar shells, 30 cal and 50 cal live ammo, rifle ammo.... etc. Even Civil War Cannon Rounds are recovered live.(was on a display at a local Museum)

Hope no one gets hurt, and Former Deputy gets his firearms back.[/QUOTE]

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    When the grandfather of a friend of mine passed away, they found a case of hand grenades in his basement. It turns out he was a retired "revenuer" and the grenades had been issued to him to blow up stills. I guess they would put so many holes in a still that it wasn't worth repairing.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Grenades can be used for fishing!
    So I am told !
    I have a good friend that’s an EOD nerd you would not believe the stuff they get called for. Lots of WW2 vets brought things back his guys recently were called for not on but two Panzerfaust in a shed. They also found a Japanese knee mortar on display in a vets den fully loaded since at least 1945. He says the American and German Hand Grenades are stable for the most part the Japanese and ChiCom are unstable with age.
    When he was a PFC Years ago they were called to a deceased vets house his great grandkids were playing Soldier with two WW1 German ”potato mashers” This was the second generation of kids to play with them by naturally throwing them at each other.
    Yes they were completely “live”

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    So I am told !
    I have a good friend that’s an EOD nerd you would not believe the stuff they get called for. Lots of WW2 vets brought things back his guys recently were called for not on but two Panzerfaust in a shed. They also found a Japanese knee mortar on display in a vets den fully loaded since at least 1945. He says the American and German Hand Grenades are stable for the most part the Japanese and ChiCom are unstable with age.
    When he was a PFC Years ago they were called to a deceased vets house his great grandkids were playing Soldier with two WW1 German ”potato mashers” This was the second generation of kids to play with them by naturally throwing them at each other.

From the EOD guys that I have known, EVERYTHING is "LIVE", even when it's NOT.

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    So I am told !

Ive heard a lot of neat stories like this too from some EOD guys. Some vets brought home some really interesting stuff.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Ive heard a lot of neat stories like this too from some EOD guys. Some vets brought home some really interesting stuff.

99% of the stuff they get called for are DEACTIVATED, but they blow it up with THEIR charges anyway, just to be "safe". I have seen lots of good collectors items destroyed this way.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Not to worry. Officer Willy is on the job.

[video=youtube;ArMf6xbMsLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArMf6xbMsLI[/video]

Top Bottom