• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Still must be registered with atf as a destructive device if it has so much flash powder. Active LEOs and departments I'm sure get a pass but retired don't.
    +1. Had an Army Batt Ranger buddy hemmed up because he kept a couple of bangs after a training session. Almost ruined his life, and he was Active Duty, not retired. I’d love to have a couple of Deftec 25’s and some newer smokes in my bag o’tools and not be prosecuted.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    How much more power is in a flash bang grenade than a big pack of firecrackers?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Enough to blow three fingers off a guy who held it to long!

The “spoon” is kind of flexible with 1 to 2 second delay makes that combination potentially dangerous. So don’t pull the pin until you are ready to throw.

The blast comes out of the holes it’s very bright and will leave your ears ringing for a day or so from outside the room.
    They always made me stomach sick a few minutes afterwards.

BTW I prefer the alternative.

Frag Out!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Well those flash bangs sound way too powerful to let police have them. What if they tossed one into a todlers crib or something? :dunno:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Enough to blow three fingers off a guy who held it to long!

The “spoon” is kind of flexible with 1 to 2 second delay makes that combination potentially dangerous. So don’t pull the pin until you are ready to throw.

The blast comes out of the holes it’s very bright and will leave your ears ringing for a day or so from outside the room.
    They always made me stomach sick a few minutes afterwards.

BTW I prefer the alternative.

Frag Out!
    Bangs or Frags, I like both, but they say I can’t have either.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The problem with live Grenades is, as explained to me by Vet. he said some are made to go off as soon as you pull the pin, these were used in Vietnam, they would drop them in enemy territory and when the VK would go to use them they would blow themselves up.

That was part of a program to seed the VC areas with some booby trapped munitions. They spiked some AK ammo with some nasty super fast powder. They would have the patrols take the stuff along with those grenades out and leave it in VC held areas. It really worked pretty well.

Top Bottom