• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    I’ve had one for about 6 weeks and carry it everyday. I switched from a Bodyguard .380. It’s a nice gun to shoot and the factory sights are nice. I also like the extra thickness of the grip from the double stack and having 12 rounds instead of 6 or 7 is nice. I don’t have any complaints yet but I’ve only put about 20 rounds through it because I don’t have much .380 to put on paper. 47BB1F26-6C13-4FAB-A5D5-94F60C1E6D4A.jpeg

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Haven't owned the LCP or LCP II so can’t compare to those. Like the sights, is accurate for its intention and easy to carry. Only have a few magazines through it with no issue. Got a fantastic price on it from Sheepdog Armory in Crown Point.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Owning a LCP II and LCP Max for my hand the MAX grip is a vast improvement in feel and comfort. The LCP II never really felt right to me , blocky comes to mind. MAX sights are actually quite good . LCP II pretty minimal.

As to trigger pull the LCP II is far easier to manage , not impressed with the MAX trigger. One feature of the MAX I don't like at all is the fact that mine dents the brass severely to the point where they might not be re-loadable. And this was with factory ammo. Might eventually just go with my P365 for a carry gun.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I picked up a Max about a month ago. Love it. The sights are great and it shoots well. The trigger pinches my finger a little like it did to Hickock45 but that's not a big deal. 12+1 in the pocket IS a big deal. I love it.

I'll be selling my Glock 43 soon because of this gun.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I picked up a Max about a month ago. Love it. The sights are great and it shoots well. The trigger pinches my finger a little like it did to Hickock45 but that's not a big deal. 12+1 in the pocket IS a big deal. I love it.

I'll be selling my Glock 43 soon because of this gun.
    Honestly I am not really a fan of the 380 but as the saying goes better to have a parachute and not need one versus needing one and not having it. I really think it will shine as a in case of emergency break glass piece.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Honestly I am not really a fan of the 380 but as the saying goes better to have a parachute and not need one versus needing one and not having it. I really think it will shine as a in case of emergency break glass piece.
    I'd rather have 12 rounds of .380 though than 7 of 9mm. But the .380's a little lighter than the 9mm, but otherwise flies through the air almost identically. I run Underwood Xtreme Penetrators and Xtreme Defenders, so penetration won't be a problem as it is with some .380 ammo. It's perfect for a compact gun like this but I wouldn't run .380 in a larger gun. No reason to.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've got one. Shoots about 6" low at 7 yards, and no, it's not me. My Glock 42 is a far superior .380, but it doesn't have 12+1 capacity and is bigger than the Ruger LCP Max. The Max is good for what it is, a small 13 round, lightweight belly gun for times when you can't carry something more formidable. Point shooting works fine at the distances that this is intended for.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I've got one. Shoots about 6" low at 7 yards, and no, it's not me. My Glock 42 is a far superior .380, but it doesn't have 12+1 capacity and is bigger than the Ruger LCP Max. The Max is good for what it is, a small 13 round, lightweight belly gun for times when you can't carry something more formidable. Point shooting works fine at the distances that this is intended for.
    Looked at a 42 from a member here before I bought the Max. The 42 was not a comfortable gun to hold for me. Like the Max much better.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Still waiting for someone to marry the super capacity sub-sub compact with .32 ACP.

12+1? Hell, why not 17+1? :laugh:

I'd look into something like this for running if I didn't like the ergos of the J-frame so much for that specific application.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Yes, for me. I don't judge what others carry but I have standards that whatever I carry have to meet. Most of these are not going to be met by little pocket guns. I admit, it can be tempting though.
    Ok looking at it that way makes more sense.
    Work hours it’s a 1911 and P365 in a Galco Ankle Glove. Both have been thoroughly vetted and and inspected routinely. They meet my requirements. While I can carry wherever, there are instances when absolute concealment is needed, and I believe it will fill that role.

Although some might say that they can carry completely concealed, that is often not the case. It’s often surprising easy to play let’s pick the person carrying.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Still waiting for someone to marry the super capacity sub-sub compact with .32 ACP.

I'd look into something like this for running if I didn't like the ergos of the J-frame so much for that specific application.
    Well I am still looking for a home for that box of 32 acp I purchased by mistake.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI

With the new 30 super carry we might actually see it happen. At .313 it's basically a 32 acp on steroids without the rimlock. 14 +1 in a subcompact would be interesting, especially at 350ft/lbs. But a subcompact may not have enough "meat" to handle that 45Kpsi load

Top Bottom