• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice find smidrow! She's a beauty! I have 4 Enfields - a No. 1 Mk III, a No. 2A1 (like the No. 1 but in 7.62 x51), a No. 4 Mk1 and a jungle carbine. Love 'em all. :) Too bad you missed out on the cheap surplus ammo that Cheaper than Dirt had a few months back (yeah I know - had to hold my nose to order from them, but to get boxer primed 303 ammo at surplus 7.62x54R prices I couldn't resist).

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Thanks so much..now I know how alot of people feel should I shoot it Lol....OH course...this thing is going to my son when the time is right...as I will eventually get my dad's old british enfield in the future. The numbers are matching bolt, mag, receiver...having a hard time locating numbers on the stock are they up front or behind trigger guard? .....Thanks a ton boys...I LOVE IT

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm running low on .303, 30-06, and .30 carbine. I have yet to find an action as smooth as the Enfield. You will love shooting this rifle.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a chance to pick up a very nice Enfield this week, beautiful blonde stock in unissued condition so early post war great clean shape, 8 boxes of .303 with it $600 bucks. whats everybody think. I know in the shape it is in I would gladly pay 400 just for the rifle and I know ammo isn't free does this sound like a good price?

I have a older one already but somebody sporterized it and that's a waste of a great classic military rifle in my opinion..I have been wanting one untouched in original condition and here's my chance. Any opinions or suggestion would be appreciated..

Buy it while you still can.

This is as nice a No4 MkII as you'll find.

I got one of these several years ago when AIM had them.
    They were still wrapped in the arsenal paper and in brand new condition.
    Had a matching bayonet.

I haven't even fired it yet, as I still have others for that.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Beautiful rifle... At that big Earls Auction about 2 years ago, they had 2 of those that were in the mummy wrap and I think they sold in the 600 dollar range..

It would be nice to get an Enfield shoot going... There are alot of nice Enfields out there... I would love to compare that action on one of those End of the run rifles to the earlier more "Broke in" models

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah ima going to need that surplus ammo...good luck with that lol...I would like to score a jungle carbine as well

Here you go... It's not boxer primed and is most likely corrosive, so treat it like surplus 7.62x54R and give your rifle a rinse after shooting. Might be some minor hangfires but that's not a huge issue. I'm talking about the Grade S Shooting ammo.

http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=82

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Here you go... It's not boxer primed and is most likely corrosive, so treat it like surplus 7.62x54R and give your rifle a rinse after shooting. Might be some minor hangfires but that's not a huge issue. I'm talking about the Grade S Shooting ammo.

alright thanks good looking out. im going to have to grab up on some of that...I will give it a good bath lol

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

Mocho thanks DD, That is a pretty good price, and WW II era to boot.. You know if you ordered a case of that and if you choose to reload, you can be shooting WW II headstamped ammo for the rest of your life..

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Nice pick up on that rifle.
    I grew up shooting one of the earlier WW2 versions one of my uncles bought after the war. It's still in the family, ugly, beat up, but shot well.
    I remember as a kid about 12 yrs old or so....I killed a ground hog at over 150 yards with it. Accurate beasts for sure.
    Dad died 8 years ago today and I inherited all his old firearms. I got a chance to go through a couple of crates of ammo last year and found some old .303 that was dangerous. I was told it was "Stick" type propellant and I had to really be careful with it and shouldn't shoot it.
    I am NO EXPERT on this stuff but I thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe someone can chime in about what to look out for.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Nice pick up on that rifle.
    I grew up shooting one of the earlier WW2 versions one of my uncles bought after the war. It's still in the family, ugly, beat up, but shot well.
    I remember as a kid about 12 yrs old or so....I killed a ground hog at over 150 yards with it. Accurate beasts for sure.
    Dad died 8 years ago today and I inherited all his old firearms. I got a chance to go through a couple of crates of ammo last year and found some old .303 that was dangerous. I was told it was "Stick" type propellant and I had to really be careful with it and shouldn't shoot it.
    I am NO EXPERT on this stuff but I thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe someone can chime in about what to look out for.

Dunno why that "stick type" propellant should be particularly dangerous.
    That's what the British call "Cordite," and it's basically powder going into the case as a string folded up.
    I hadn't heard about it being unsafe to shoot Cordite charged ammo, but maybe someone else knows more about that.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    True, but I'm pretty sure it's Berdan primed...

DD do not let that Berdan Primer Scare you off... Them Reloading Rascals know more tricks then a Barrel of Monkeys..
    I have seen where those guys can use special tools and even Water to get those pesky primers out.. And then they can either get fresh Berdan primers or modify the primer pocket to use Boxer primers..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DD do not let that Berdan Primer Scare you off... Them Reloading Rascals know more tricks then a Barrel of Monkeys..
    I have seen where those guys can use special tools and even Water to get those pesky primers out.. And then they can either get fresh Berdan primers or modify the primer pocket to use Boxer primers..
    Oh yeah it can be done. As you know I have the tool, but getting the primers is another matter. I'm hoping to pick some up at a show sometime so I don't have to pay the crazy hazmat charges to have them shipped.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Oh yeah it can be done. As you know I have the tool, but getting the primers is another matter. I'm hoping to pick some up at a show sometime so I don't have to pay the crazy hazmat charges to have them shipped.

There has to be someone selling those, maybe a pickup

Top Bottom