• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I meant P series as in their alloy frame da/sa hammer fired guns. I can't recall reading a lot of stories with them having nd's like the 320 series of guns.
    To be fair, it's going to be a lot harder to have an ND with a DA/SA or DAO P22x than it is with any striker-fired handgun, as the trigger pull is much longer and heavier, and there's an exposed hammer to give you visual and tactile feedback as you holster. Even then, some folks still manage to find a way.

I do share your appreciation for the classic P-Series guns, though. For me, the P320 is a decent tool, but it's just a tool. It does it's job well, but all I really care about is that it works properly and fits my hand. The P22x guns, especially the older folded slide variants, are good tools too, but they're also fine pieces of craftsmanship that I enjoy just for the quality of their construction. I'm satisfied with my P320s, but my "relationship" with them is strictly utilitarian...I'd happily give them up if something better came along. My P22x guns aren't going anywhere.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    Haven't watched "Sig Mechanics 320" video yet have you.

A trigger dingus didnt keep Glocks from firing when someone's booger hook, clothing, keys or something else hits it and pushes the trigger back when re-holstering or drawing.
    Now has it?
    How many discharges has Glock had with the "Pull the Trigger" before pulling the slide off.
    Look at the trigger blade failures over the last 30 years.
    Sig learned from Glocks failures.

Civilian models of the P320 have two internal safeties, but neither can be controlled by the user. The primary internal safety is designed to catch the striker in the case of a malfunction. A second mechanism prevents the weapon from discharging when its slide is drawn backward.
    If one buys the M17 or 18 you also have an external safety.
    And they have openly admitted to a competitive shooter that they somehow “failed” in his pistol. Sig is on record admitting these runs have fired despite the striker block. Remember “Glock leg” that was from the old worn out leather duty holsters grabbing the trigger. What’s Sigs excuse? We have all seen video of these pistols firing in a proper retention holster.

Random questions of the day: have you ever handled a Steyr M9? And is my Taurus 24/7 safe to carry now? It has internal safety mechanisms.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    And they have openly admitted to a competitive shooter that they somehow “failed” in his pistol. Sig is on record admitting these runs have fired despite the striker block. Remember “Glock leg” that was from the old worn out leather duty holsters grabbing the trigger. What’s Sigs excuse? We have all seen video of these pistols firing in a proper retention holster.

Random questions of the day: have you ever handled a Steyr M9? And is my Taurus 24/7 safe to carry now? It has internal safety mechanisms.
    Please post where Sig Sauer has "admitted"
    Failure with the 320 series pistols after the drop failures, 6-7 years ago.

Glock leg has been caused by many things,
    Clothing in holster, keys, improper holster, booger hooks on the trigger and so on my friend.

Yes I have handled a Steyr M9,
    The strickers I carry have external safetys that are used when needed.
    None of the three 320 M17's I have, have not discharged now with a few thousand rounds through two of them on there own accord.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom