• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I k ow several makes of guns have had ADs when the user have used them with WML holsters both with and without a light attached. The opening needed for the light to fit (depending on make) looks like a LG mouth base on some.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    MOS? Yeah, that is my Blue Label price. The secret Agency price will be in the upper $400's.
    That was the info from the video of contract price/# of guns = $571.

Think they said $20k and 35 firearms, which extrapolates out to $571 per gun if those figures are correct.
    Probably less of a discount given for that number of firearms, and when the PD calls in a panic about replacing firearms ASAP vs going through a normal procurement process with competition.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Fascinating that the gun could potentially be torqued enough in the holster to allow the sear to slip. Whoever manages to make a pistol light that is not wider than the pistol that it goes on and is actually worth a damn will.make a boatload of money off LEO sales.
    I like my Streamlight TLR-7a. It's bright, has good activation switches and is not much wider than the frames on my P320 and M&Ps.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It is not just with LE. Multiple reports with regular people and at matches. It is not unusual to me it would be more likely with LE as they actually wear their guns all of the time and as has seen here subject them to many different kinds of movement, impact and in some cases abuse.
    I also wouldn't say it is unreproducible. I and others have found that you can reproduce a potential OOB discharge with 320s.
    I would gather to sat that more 320 are carried with non LE than LE, can you show us video of this event happening outside of LE.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Never heard of a 5-shot snubbie doing this...

:):
    Like many here I remember when the whole “Glock Leg” Rounds into thighs seems to be a spike when agencies went from DA revolvers or DA/SA autos to Glocks.

There were still special K troops that could shoot them selves with a hammer fired DA but it took more effort. All those bad gun handling skills came out real quick on what folks got away with for years.

With striker fired not so forgiving!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What do you want me to do about it? ;)

Tough to defend or deny that.
    Definitely a Sig problem, if it’s truly torsion related. Or otherwise.
    All mine are AXG’s, but I do have an OEM grip I’d be willing to fool with to try to replicate a misfire.

@cedartop how did you go about replicating a misfire?
    So my local Sig armorer and I were messing around with it after the last batch of OOB discharges. He was at a match were one happened. On all of our 320's you can push the slide back about 1/8 of am inch and still get the trigger to break. This is about where the hood and barrel start to unlock. We could not for sure determine that this would for sure cause an OOB discharge but it sure looks possible. If you take Walthers and Glocks which is what we had on hand to compare it to, they move only about .03-.04" before deactivating the trigger.

Edited to add. For what it is worth. My guy is a big Sig fan and a big Bruce Gray fan so when Bruce Gray said this was not possible, he believed it, until he saw it happen for himself at a match.

I realize this proves nothing, especially to Sig fans, but it has sure had me contemplating whether or not to keep using my 320s in matches.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Kinda impressed by his moxie.

He seems like a go-getter.
    He has Stones, A kid a year ahead of me in high school sat next to the parking garage entrance to the county police station were we grew up at. he did the lock combo until he unlocked the door, he stole a few revolvers and a few heavy issue winter jackets.
    He got away with it, right up until he wore one of those jackets to school. We didnt see Marty for a few years.
    The funny part is, he ended up owning a locksmith business.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So my local Sig armorer and I were messing around with it after the last batch of OOB discharges. He was at a match were one happened. On all of our 320's you can push the slide back about 1/8 of am inch and still get the trigger to break. This is about where the hood and barrel start to unlock. We could not for sure determine that this would for sure cause an OOB discharge but it sure looks possible. If you take Walthers and Glocks which is what we had on hand to compare it to, they move only about .03-.04" before deactivating the trigger.

Edited to add. For what it is worth. My guy is a big Sig fan and a big Bruce Gray fan so when Bruce Gray said this was not possible, he believed it, until he saw it happen for himself at a match.

I realize this proves nothing, especially to Sig fans, but it has sure had me contemplating whether or not to keep using my 320s in matches.
    Thanks.
    “Proving nothing” because someone is a fan instead of looking at it objectively will get you killed on the streets, or something like that. It’s a shame some are like that, and it’s a shame we can’t really get all the info from either side (careless handlers, greedy capitalists and all the in between).

Is OOB relevant here?
    It’s just firing without being manipulated, isn’t it?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks.
    “Proving nothing” because someone is a fan instead of looking at it objectively will get you killed on the streets, or something like that. It’s a shame some are like that, and it’s a shame we can’t really get all the info from either side (careless handlers, greedy capitalists and all the in between).

Is OOB relevant here?
    It’s just firing without being manipulated, isn’t it?
    OOB does not appear to be relevant to this video, but at this point the issues just seem to keep stacking up.

FWIW, I take no joy in this. I am not the type of guy who is in the gun of the month club and have just about gotten my 320's where I like them so I really don't relish the idea of switching.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Let's just say I personally know a motorcycle officer who showed up at the range for qualification day and could not get his G22 out of his duty holster. It was stuck. Turns out, it was stuck because this genius NEVER took his gun out of his holster. No holster/weapon is more exposed to the elements on a daily basis than that of a motorcycle cop assigned to traffic duty. He'd go home, take his belt off and throw it wherever it is that he threw it until his next shift, pistol still in the holster. Mother nature did its thing over time. Good thing he found out at the range, rather than while dancing with the devil.

Also had the pleasure to inspect an officer's patrol rifle after a shooting involving several officers. Not sure if he actually hit anything, the optic was looser on the rail than Madonna.

This could very well be the pistol, but knowing what I know, I'm not jumping to conclusions. And as I've said, the P320 seems to be more prone to unintentional discharge than something with a trigger safety like a Glock or the new M&P series. Does seem odd, though, that the P365 doesn't have a trigger safety either, and I've seen no widespread complaints about unintentional discharges with that pistol.
    Than Madonna? That is loose! ;-)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He has Stones, A kid a year ahead of me in high school sat next to the parking garage entrance to the county police station were we grew up at. he did the lock combo until he unlocked the door, he stole a few revolvers and a few heavy issue winter jackets.
    He got away with it, right up until he wore one of those jackets to school. We didnt see Marty for a few years.
    The funny part is, he ended up owning a locksmith business.
    Should have listened to Jimmy C. Always say/do nothing.

Top Bottom