Lesbian's brutal gang rape investigated in Calif.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Scutter closed it due to the non-productivity of it IIRC.

I missed that. Probably would be a good thing because I am completely helpless before the big red button marked "Reply"... :):

I think we are at :horse:

Windwalker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Forcible rape should be a crime punishable by Death. There should be no plea bargaining or any other way to reduced this sentence. If a person is convicted of this crime the perpetrator should die so that he/she could never hurt anyone else. commit the act, forfeit your life.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So, yeah, I have some experience with it thanks to IPS and growing up at 38th and Post. No experience was nearly what I wrote up above, but they were enough to give me some experiences and the reason I spent a year of high school carrying a knife with me every day.

Well, great, then you can appreciate this. How about, if to save your life, you had to shoot one of the "minority." Except, instead of Indy, you're in a city like Philadelphia where the "minority" is the majority and holds sway over the city government. They don't like guns and they don't like you specifically because you're a white guy that just shot one of their constituents. This is where it gets just wonderful when you find out that the reason you shot him was because you're a racist and the "hate crimes" laws were meant to protect him, not you. And even if you're acquitted, the city administration can prevail upon the new Obama Justice Dept. to prosecute you for a civil rights violation. Enjoy your new cell mates happy in the fact that you helped strike a blow against hate by supporting specialized justice.:rolleyes:

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Forcible rape should be a crime punishable by Death. There should be no plea bargaining or any other way to reduced this sentence. If a person is convicted of this crime the perpetrator should die so that he/she could never hurt anyone else. commit the act, forfeit your life.

I'm unaware of any type of rape that is not forcible.

Rape is rape. Regardless how it was committed.

The only, minor, difference is if it's a girl at a party and she's too drunk to give honest consent/denial and it happens. But... in that case, the guy is an ******* and deserves his punishment just the same.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Well, great, then you can appreciate this. How about, if to save your life, you had to shoot one of the "minority." Except, instead of Indy, you're in a city like Philadelphia where the "minority" is the majority and holds sway over the city government. They don't like guns and they don't like you specifically because you're a white guy that just shot one of their constituents. This is where it gets just wonderful when you find out that the reason you shot him was because you're a racist and the "hate crimes" laws were meant to protect him, not you. And even if you're acquitted, the city administration can prevail upon the new Obama Justice Dept. to prosecute you for a civil rights violation. Enjoy your new cell mates happy in the fact that you helped strike a blow against hate by supporting specialized justice.:rolleyes:

I don't disagree with you. And frankly, that could happen in Indy or anywhere really. I am not saying that I agree with hate crimes laws, nor that approach to the law. I am saying that I understand the impetus for them and the history that drives their creation. That impetus is powerful and not to be waived off as insignificant or unimportant. At the same time, it does not mean we have to approach a solution via hate crimes legislation - mostly because it is rather unworkable.

I think if laws had been applied evenly and powerfully, this would have never come up. And yes, it is ironic that the very same political affiliations that have hampered powerful sentencing are aligned with those who need it. Politics if full of irony.

If it were up to me to fix the situation, it would be easy. No hate crimes laws and no "boys will be boys" attitudes towards crimes just because they were committed by XYZ vs. XYZ. They all get the hammer when the gavel strikes.

Top Bottom