Less than two weeks to the general election. Where is the candidate info?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'll pass on the NRA suggestions. Apprently, it escaped their notice that there are also libertarians on the ballot. They do the voters of the US a disservice.

The second problem with the NRA ratings is that they are wa-aaaaay too generous with passing out "A" grades.

Take John Boehner for example. As speaker, he recently allowed renewal of the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 on a unaccountable voice vote with only 10 our of 435 representatives present.

Boehner's NRA rating? A+.

The NRA also doesn't make their criteria for the grades readily available, or the candidate responses.

They also shower some of the biggest statists in the Republican Party with contributions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are there any judges up for retention and does anybody have any info on them?

(These are always the toughest for me to figure out).

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Are there any judges up for retention and does anybody have any info on them?

(These are always the toughest for me to figure out).
    If your local government does it, you should be able to see your ballot now, online at their county website. My county always has a sample ballot up and we have no judges up for retention.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    About 85-90% of the answers were "yes". Given who was handing out the questionnaire, if you answered many of them "no", then there was no upside to returning it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I figure I'll just find out who my democRAT neighbor is voting for, and vote the exact opposite. Then, I KNOW I'm making the right choice! :lmfao:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    NRA grades were released a few weeks ago for federal and state elections.

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/indiana/
    This is what I go by anymore. Forget getting someone in office that has the knowledge to do something right...or the morals. So in the light of this, when the bottom finally falls out of this thing we call civilization, I know my guns will actually do what is expected of them. I vote for my gun rights.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Which ones do you have a problem with?

I thought they were very straight-forward. I see no reason why an honest man wouldn't answer them.

My probem is that they are not questions, they are hyperbole dipped political statements masquerading as "questions". Any worthy candidate, regardless of how much they agree or disagree with the "questions", would be wise to steer clear of these games.

I would think less of a candidate who responded to this, no matter how much I agree with it.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My probem is that they are not questions, they are hyperbole dipped political statements masquerading as "questions". Any worthy candidate, regardless of how much they agree or disagree with the "questions", would be wise to steer clear of these games.

I would think less of a candidate who responded to this, no matter how much I agree with it.

Could you select a specific question and elaborate on this hyperbole?

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    If only folks would do their own homework and have little need to wait for published candidate info to tell them how to cast their vote.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Could you select a specific question and elaborate on this hyperbole?

we can start with this one.

Will you oppose any attempt to pass a ban on texting while driving, which has been shown to increase crash rates?

The ban is already in place, and is the question stating that "texting while driving bans" increase crash rates? That is how the question is written.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    we can start with this one.

Will you oppose any attempt to pass a ban on texting while driving, which has been shown to increase crash rates?

The ban is already in place, and is the question stating that "texting while driving bans" increase crash rates? That is how the question is written.

I assumed the question was asking if the candidate would oppose such bans regardless of the crashes caused by texting, which to me is an excellent indicator of a candidate's interest in liberty.

I can see why one might find this wording confusing.

Any others?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    In my county, almost every election only has republicans running. More often than not it's just one person thus making them sure winners. It bothers me how I don't have any real choice in many of these elections.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    In New York/New Jersey there is a political advocacy group buying lots of airtime minutes. It's called GRIP - Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians. I like the sound of that. Now if would just get rid of the democrats and the republicans....they have been conspiring to ruin us all for the last 50 years if not longer.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The second problem with the NRA ratings is that they are wa-aaaaay too generous with passing out "A" grades.

Take John Boehner for example. As speaker, he recently allowed renewal of the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 on a unaccountable voice vote with only 10 our of 435 representatives present.

Boehner's NRA rating? A+.

The NRA also doesn't make their criteria for the grades readily available, or the candidate responses.

They also shower some of the biggest statists in the Republican Party with contributions.

I joined the NRA once back in the 70's...let it lapse and have never been back. I appreciate their efforts sometimes, but when they continually do crap like this I don't want to be associated with them. So I'm not.

Guess that makes me a "scab" gun owner. Whoopee.

Top Bottom