Less than two weeks to the general election. Where is the candidate info?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    In my county, almost every election only has republicans running. More often than not it's just one person thus making them sure winners. It bothers me how I don't have any real choice in many of these elections.

Did you vote in the primaries in May? That is the only way to have a say in a heavily one-sided district.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Did you vote in the primaries in May? That is the only way to have a say in a heavily one-sided district.

What I am amazed at, is that people in other parties are so discouraged from running because of the voter base being what it is. Many of these races can have liberal RINOs who could win because as long as the candidate has an R next to their name, the voters see that and pull the lever.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Your area doesn't want Democrats or they would have more. Also, why would a Democrat run against a RINO given the overall lean of your county? Getting rid of RINOs requires alternatives in May, not November.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I agree that bans on texting while driving areunconstitutional, but I’m sure our reasoning is worlds apart.

But how about the next one…

Do you oppose the use of unmanned devices being used for lawenforcement and used in order to fine citizens?

Why should law enforcement be prohibited from using UAV’s?If a warrant is secured or they have permission from the property owner, orprobable cause why should someone be opposed to such technology? If a citizenis fined as a result of legal use of a UAV, what is the problem?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I believe I saw where someone was asking about what judges are up for retention. Here is a link I found after viewing the sample ballot for my precinct and searching on the judge's names. It gives info on each of the four judges and lets you review some of their judicial opinions.

courts.IN.gov: Judicial Retention 2014

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I agree that bans on texting while driving areunconstitutional, but I’m sure our reasoning is worlds apart.

Do you oppose the use of unmanned devices being used for lawenforcement and used in order to fine citizens?

Why should law enforcement be prohibited from using UAV’s?If a warrant is secured or they have permission from the property owner, orprobable cause why should someone be opposed to such technology? If a citizenis fined as a result of legal use of a UAV, what is the problem?

Stop sign & stoplight cams are ok then?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I believe I saw where someone was asking about what judges are up for retention. Here is a link I found after viewing the sample ballot for my precinct and searching on the judge's names. It gives info on each of the four judges and lets you review some of their judicial opinions.

courts.IN.gov: Judicial Retention 2014
    Thanks mom45. I was one of the ones asking about this. I realize this information is what it is but this sort of document dump is practically useless unless you're familiar with the cases and can sort through all of the opinions and come to an educated conclusion. I consider myself a reasonably knowledgable person on events but I readily admit I follow few, if any of the cases that hits these courts much less keep score on each judges' judicial temperment.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks mom45. I was one of the ones asking about this. I realize this information is what it is but this sort of document dump is practically useless unless you're familiar with the cases and can sort through all of the opinions and come to an educated conclusion. I consider myself a reasonably knowledgable person on events but I readily admit I follow few, if any of the cases that hits these courts much less keep score on each judges' judicial temperment.

I looked through as many as I could that took place near us as some of those I had read about in the news, etc. It really is hard to get reliable information on ANY of the candidates so I do my best to make an educated guess on who I would want to vote for.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Just because I don't like something, does not make it unconstitutional.

Does it make them right?

I get it though. You're more accepting of the two party system we have now. Personally, I'm pretty fed up with it. To each his own. The fact that the majority of candidates are just trying real hard to not make waves and suck a little less than their opponent speaks volumes to what is wrong.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

I doubt that our reasoning is that different.

This question is clearly dealing with things such as traffic cams and stoplight cameras. A candidate should oppose them because they have been shown to be universally corrupt. They decrease traffic safety and are used to steal money from innocent people.

Just because I don't like something, does not make it unconstitutional.

Who said anything about unconstitutional? A candidate can and should oppose legislation for more reasons than its constitutionality.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Question - I moved to a new house early September. My Driver's License still shows my old address. I am registered to vote at my new address.

When I show my ID at my polling place, will I run into any issues?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Question - I moved to a new house early September. My Driver's License still shows my old address. I am registered to vote at my new address.

When I show my ID at my polling place, will I run into any issues?

If the addresses don't match, maybe they'll give you a provisional ballot

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I doubt that our reasoning is that different.

This question is clearly dealing with things such as traffic cams and stoplight cameras. A candidate should oppose them because they have been shown to be universally corrupt. They decrease traffic safety and are used to steal money from innocent people.

Who said anything about unconstitutional? A candidate can and should oppose legislation for more reasons than its constitutionality.

IMO, texting while driving bans are a 1st amendment issue. Unless the driver is engaged in unprotected speech, the activity is protected. As far as red light cameras, what is the difference between an officer standing there and a video camera? I know there are technological issues with some of the systems, but all technology matures. Are you opposed to the technology or the fine?

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Who cares, as long as you dont vote D or L, then the D's wont win. pretty simple plan, we all know third party never wins and only helps the D's, so i dont think its that tough of a choice

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    IMO, texting while driving bans are a 1st amendment issue. Unless the driver is engaged in unprotected speech, the activity is protected. As far as red light cameras, what is the difference between an officer standing there and a video camera? I know there are technological issues with some of the systems, but all technology matures. Are you opposed to the technology or the fine?

I am opposed to the inability of the government to use the technology in a just manner, and I am opposed to the fine as well.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    There not banning free speech there banning u from driving while being distracted. U have no right to drive and there for can lose that ability for any reason the government wants. Driving is NOT a RIGHT.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There not banning free speech there banning u from driving while being distracted. U have no right to drive and there for can lose that ability for any reason the government wants. Driving is NOT a RIGHT.
    Why do people say that?

Is not travel an example of the exercise of one's rights? The choice to determine one's own destiny, even if that is only down to the corner grocery store or to one's place of employment? We don't have the right to use an automobile to get there?

Top Bottom