• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Speaking of, anyone know anything about the new drive-in restaurant they built out in Avon in front of the Costco? Watched it being built, but don't really even know if it's open yet. Can't even remember the name offhand.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    We ride bikes on the Nickel Plate Trail into Peru and eat at "Mr. Weenie", pretty good for the prices. Wife bought me a shirt there that says.."It's Mr. Weenie Time!!!" fullsizeoutput_7e0.jpeg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Speaking of, anyone know anything about the new drive-in restaurant they built out in Avon in front of the Costco? Watched it being built, but don't really even know if it's open yet. Can't even remember the name offhand.
    It is called Swenson's. It is OK. Mrs. Haven and I went there one afternoon, and were not impressed.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Still open.

Growing up for me it was the Y&W in Merrillville. Closed back in 97 as the antics of Gary spread South
    Was hired for Armed Security there. Didn't really have too much going on except people sneaking in in the trunks of cars. KFC was next door, so a bucket of Original Receipe, and 4 tickets please!
    Had Merrillvile PD there a few times later in the season.
    Also teens smuggling in beer in Daddy's fishing cooler. No ID's, no brewskies
    Was kinda fun, I went there for dates in 70's. 3 movies were kinda busy.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I was thinking... we don't have any curbside mom & pop joints anywhere near here that I know of.... just mom & pop walk up window joints.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Was hired for Armed Security there. Didn't really have too much going on except people sneaking in in the trunks of cars. KFC was next door, so a bucket of Original Receipe, and 4 tickets please!
    Had Merrillvile PD there a few times later in the season.
    Also teens smuggling in beer in Daddy's fishing cooler. No ID's, no brewskies
    Was kinda fun, I went there for dates in 70's. 3 movies were kinda busy.
    I along with buddies rotated who rode in the trunk. We always took my buddies 77 olds delta 88. Could fit 3 in that trunk... :lmfao:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Was a nice ice cream joint in Galena when I was a kid, and a truck stop on the south side of Greenville.

Dairy Dip in New Salisbury is still there...
    As is the Little Twirl in Livonia...
    And Dairy Bell in Mitchell...

We traveled the same roads.. I remember the ice cream place in Galena and Greenville...grew up in Greenville.

And the old New Albany Drive-In off of State Street. And the Clarksville Drive-In

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    There are still two Dog and Suds (affectionately known locally as "Mutt & Foam") drive-in restaurants in Tippecanoe county.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I was thinking... we don't have any curbside mom & pop joints anywhere near here that I know of.... just mom & pop walk up window joints.
    Well if you ever get this way we Have Snow Whites drive in . Counter service or in car service. Usually have a really good Meat and Three.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My wife and I tried The Port recently. We visited Indiana Dunes and stopped by for lunch. The Anchor burger was pretty good, fries were served hot enough I could have used an oven mitt picking up the bag. Service was super friendly and reasonably efficient. I thought it was fun, clean, and worth the time/money spent.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Indiana has one feather in their cap, and that is they don't have any Maid-Rites here. My theory is so many generations of kids grew up cruising the Greenville OH strip it created a following, and they only taste good if you're smashed.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    The Lafayette Indiana Historic Auto Club (LIHAC, www.lihac.com), meets at the West Lafayette Dog n Suds the first Sunday of the month at 4:30 PM. We usually have about a dozen classics on display. If you want to talk cars (or just about anything else) come join us.

Top Bottom