• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I'm glad my tax dollars aren't being peed away in such spectacular fashion. 2 take-home vehicles and a gas card? I wonder if the taxpayers in your area are aware of the misuse of their money. :n00b:

Yes that is correct two take homes. I work for two agency's. It may come as a surprise to you but they are part of my benefits package. The citizens that live around me are glad for it also. I can think a a few over the years that are VERY glad. OH and by the way, I am a taxpayer too.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Arrests do not equal convictions. Therefore, unless he has been found guilty by a jury of his peers, he is not a criminal. Again, I ask, how many of his arrests resulted in convictions? :n00b:

Anyone with five felony arrests is a criminal IMO. Just because he doesn't have any convictions YET does not mean he would not have. His cases might not have been heard yet. His convictions could very well just have not been listed on his triple III yet....very common. Only criminals get arrested for five different times for felony's. Then don't forget the conviction for firearms use. Think about it. This guy sounds like he was a quite the thug gangster type.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Anyone with five felony arrests is a criminal IMO. Just because he doesn't have any convictions YET does not mean he would not have. His cases might not have been heard yet. His convictions could very well just have not been listed on his triple III yet....very common. Only criminals get arrested for five different times for felony's. Then don't forget the conviction for firearms use. Think about it. This guy sounds like he was a quite the thug gangster type.

This is a link to the Pima County Sheriff's Department contact page. You want a third agency to work for? They might be looking for a new public relations patsy, give it a try.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Yes that is correct two take homes. I work for two agency's. It may come as a surprise to you but they are part of my benefits package. The citizens that live around me are glad for it also. I can think a a few over the years that are VERY glad. OH and by the way, I am a taxpayer too.

I am aware that they are a part of the benefits package. I was not, however, aware that you work for two agencies.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Anyone with five felony arrests is a criminal IMO. Just because he doesn't have any convictions YET does not mean he would not have.

So "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply?

Let's switch it around---let's say you've had 20 complaints filed against you. By your logic, that makes you a bad officer deserving to be fired. :twocents:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    In and of itself, it wasn't. Taken as a whole and especially when the man asked you very politely to change it, I think it's offensive. Take a couple of days off to think about it. When you come back, please try being civil. It's possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

Thanks.

Blessings,
    Bill

What? I disagree with what is in red:D

I tried to rep ya for that

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    benefits package or not. take home cars are bull ****. pay the cops more and leave the cars at the station.

I'm conflicted about it to be honest. I have no issue if they are limited to use in their NORMAL departmental jurisdiction. It's when they allow unlimited use throughout the state that I start shaking my head. If you listen closely, you can almost hear the sound of our tax dollars being peed away. :n00b:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    benefits package or not. take home cars are bull ****. pay the cops more and leave the cars at the station.

Personally I would welcome a police cruiser parked on my street at night. The concept is not bad but is sure to be abused just because it's the government.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm conflicted about it to be honest. I have no issue if they are limited to use in their NORMAL departmental jurisdiction. It's when they allow unlimited use throughout the state that I start shaking my head. If you listen closely, you can almost hear the sound of our tax dollars being peed away. :n00b:

when they are driving them off duty I see them roll by stranded motorist and **** all the time. whats the purpose of the take home car? to make a target for robbers by telling them where all the cops live? eventually when the people get tired of the govt over taxing them and start repealing thingfs like property taxes ect, then the govt will be forced to make cuts and I can only hope take home cars are one of the first things to go. what a waste of tax money. benefits package my ass.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Personally I would welcome a police cruiser parked on my street at night. The concept is not bad but is sure to be abused just because it's the government.

not me. then your block becomes a target for criminals. also, brother, do you honestly feel safer that a cop is living next to you with the training standards being what they are? when bad **** happens the last people im calling are the cops. im calling mr. m4 first.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Clearly the guy's status as a Marine trumps 5 felony arrests. It is possible for a guy to just be in the wrong place at the wrong time-s-s-s-s-s.

I am not going to get all worked up over this again today. Have at it fellas.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    not me. then your block becomes a target for criminals. also, brother, do you honestly feel safer that a cop is living next to you with the training standards being what they are? when bad **** happens the last people im calling are the cops. im calling mr. m4 first.

My block is already a target for criminals. I wouldn't feel any less safe if a cop lived next door. The concept how I understand it is to create a police presence in the neighborhood. The personal use of it at tax payers expense I can do without.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I thought one of the SWAT officers had a ND, and so they thought that the Marine shot at them? That's the story I got from a link someome posted on another site. Still, if there was ND or not, what they did was wrong and Illegal.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I thought one of the SWAT officers had a ND, and so they thought that the Marine shot at them? That's the story I got from a link someome posted on another site. Still, if there was ND or not, what they did was wrong and Illegal.

only pro's fire theirs too when they hear a shot

I stick by what I said before just from the video alone .. they are all ass clowns who at the very least should be tried for manslaughter. but when they control the prosecutors it will never happen. thats why cops never get the same sentences or charges you and I would get, because they are all shacked up with the prosecutors office. its all politics people. thats why NOT voting for dirty incumbents or party boys is soo damn important!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Here's the affidavit for the Warrant.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...-001cc4c002e0-revisions/4de852a567d70.pdf.pdf

I see admissions from the Affiant that Jose was never indicted for the so call felony arrests

Things that still strike me as odd:

Jose Guerena is barely mentioned.

His residence was not under surveillance until two weeks prior to the raid and no details as to the supporting PC for a search of it were given
    Almost as if it was just plugged in as an afterthought.

The investigator had knowledge of his employment, therefore could have had knowledge of his schedule

The beginning of the affidavit starts that the bother, Alejandro, was the main focus of the investigation

NOWHERE in this affidavit do I see that any of the suspects listed were being sought in connection with home invasions, murders, etc.

My take:
    I still don't see where a SWAT style raid was justified on Jose' home.
    His involvement in the investigation seemed to be minimal, no mention of home being a known violent criminal, or even having the penchant for violence.

IMO the Jose' Guerena raid was undertaken because in the investigators mind, he was guilty by association.

I know this is hypothetical because Jose' is dead, but if I was sitting in a jury, hearing this "evidence" against him, there is absolutely no way I could vote to convict. There is a crap ton of circumstantial and even more inuendo listed, but I dont see Beyond A Reasonable Doubt evidence.

I stand by my earlier statements in all threads related to this topic

"Utter BS!". If he was guilty of anything, they could have proven it in the two years his brother was under investigation.
    This style of raid shouldn't have been used. Swat shouldn't have been there, and young Jose' Guerena should still be alive to face his accusers.
    I fully believe that his death is the result of SWATS' ineptness, unprepared attitude and a half assed effort on the part of the local officials
    He may have been involved, but we will never know, will we?

Just one more thing: This entire affidavit, to me, is the investigator admitting that he doesn't know where the drugs are, he can't come up with enough to charge the people he suspects, his 'training and experience' makes him KNOW these people are criminals (I can see that and I think they probably are involved), but for some strange reason, that same training and experience didn't serve him well enough to be able to provide information in the affidavit that show probable cause that Jose' Guerena's home held such items as mentioned.
    The whole thing is "I haven't been able to do my job, so let's violate these peoples' 4th Amendment rights in order to get the evidence that I've so far been unable to obtain" IMHO

Oh and BTW I'm not opening myself to debating whether he pointed a gun or not. So, to whom it may concern, don't go there.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Here's the affidavit for the Warrant.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...-001cc4c002e0-revisions/4de852a567d70.pdf.pdf

I see admissions from the Affiant that Jose was never indicted for the so call felony arrests

Things that still strike me as odd:

Jose Guerena is barely mentioned.

His residence was not under surveillance until two weeks prior to the raid and no details as to the supporting PC for a search of it were given
    Almost as if it was just plugged in as an afterthought.

The investigator had knowledge of his employment, therefore could have had knowledge of his schedule

The beginning of the affidavit starts that the bother, Alejandro, was the main focus of the investigation

NOWHERE in this affidavit do I see that any of the suspects listed were being sought in connection with home invasions, murders, etc.

My take:
    I still don't see where a SWAT style raid was justified on Jose' home.
    His involvement in the investigation seemed to be minimal, no mention of home being a known violent criminal, or even having the penchant for violence.

IMO the Jose' Guerena raid was undertaken because in the investigators mind, he was guilty by association.

I know this is hypothetical because Jose' is dead, but if I was sitting in a jury, hearing this "evidence" against him, there is absolutely no way I could vote to convict. There is a crap ton of circumstantial and even more inuendo listed, but I dont see Beyond A Reasonable Doubt evidence.

I stand by my earlier statements in all threads related to this topic

"Utter BS!". If he was guilty of anything, they could have proven it in the two years his brother was under investigation.
    This style of raid shouldn't have been used. Swat shouldn't have been there, and young Jose' Guerena should still be alive to face his accusers.
    I fully believe that his death is the result of SWATS' ineptness, unprepared attitude and a half assed effort on the part of the local officials
    He may have been involved, but we will never know, will we?

Oh and BTW I'm not opening myself to debating whether he pointed a gun or not. So, to whom it may concern, don't go there.

+1.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Here's the affidavit for the Warrant.... :SNIP:

I agree, I got the same impression. "I don't really know for certain that illegal contraband is there, but there is a goodly bit of suspicious (BUT NOT ILLEGAL!) activity going on and I figure we ought to send in some people to check it out. With a warrant."

I appreciate the desire to do your job, and I'm sure it's frustrating to be unable to prove definitively the truth of your suspicions, but don't send in SWAT to fix the holes in your investigation.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Before you go running your ignorant mouth I suggest you watch the damn video agian and open you friggen ears. Educated right!!

This coming from the same person complaining people were being mean to him. :scratch:

Btw, you bailed out of the other thread, why? The questions weren't that difficult. I think I have an idea as to why... stir the pot and move on?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom