• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    of coarse they did. another government agency cleared the other govt agency of wrongdoing against us lowly citizens. anyone else see how that is a conflict of interest and bull ****?
    just like a govt or a judge doesn't grant me freedom or rights. neither do I need it to tell me when something stinks like roadkill! I will still call them murderers and traitors of the republic

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    The article said that more would be published in today's paper. I'm curious to see what the justification is.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont know the whole story but one thing is wrong already: "ex-Marine".

onceAMarine.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!" To find out that the murderer that sent the thugs, cleared them of any wrongdoing.

I'd love to be at the cop bar to hear the bragging on this one!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So lemme get this straight...
    They found no drugs (the thing they were looking for) in his home/garage/vehicle/etc., and his autopsy screen came back clean as a whistle as well. But they found a piece of body armor (in a box in the garage of a MARINE... *gasp* Who knew Marines would have access to that stuff :rolleyes:) and a border patrol baseball cap (I better get rid of a cap that I got as a gift that says "Air Force" because I'm not really IN it!)...
    So what exactly was justifiable about busting down a door and shooting a man in his own hallway holding a self defense weapon (on SAFE)?
    government agency cleared the other govt agency
    they were cleared of wrongdoing by the office that obtained the bogus warrant
    Ahh... I think "yep".

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    So what exactly was justifiable about busting down a door and shooting a man in his own hallway holding a self defense weapon (on SAFE)?

I am not completely up to speed on the warrant issues. I see many things wrong with this encounter and everything leading up to the point where bullets started flying, including the way they entered, # of shots fired and the # of times this guy was hit.

BUT...you point a firearm at a cop, and they will shoot back. (You point one at me and I will shoot back also, as I'm sure you would as well) There is no way to tell if it is "on SAFE" in the heat of the moment. This nonsense about the weapon being on safe has to stop.

:popcorn:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I am not completely up to speed on the warrant issues.

BUT...you point a firearm at a cop, and they will shoot back. (You point one at me and I will shoot back also, as I'm sure you would as well) There is no way to tell if it is "on SAFE" in the heat of the moment. This nonsense about the weapon being on safe has to stop.

Well...if you keep a gun handy for personal protection near where you sleep, you better hope like hell that you never have a home invasion and grab your gun (Safe Or Not) to confront any intruders. You better just assume it's ALWAYS the cops, and go check things out UNarmed. You know...just to be on the safe side.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Well...if you keep a gun handy for personal protection near where you sleep, you better hope like hell that you never have a home invasion and grab your gun (Safe Or Not) to confront any intruders. You better just assume it's ALWAYS the cops, and go check things out UNarmed. You know...just to be on the safe side.
    Was that supposed to be purple...I hope so because it was a very silly(to be nice) thing to say.

You are completely missing the point.

If you point your gun at a cop, they will shoot you.

That has nothing to do with the situation at hand...home invasion, traffic stop, etc. My issue is with your statement that the gun was "on SAFE" which the cops had no way of knowing. If a gun is pointed at a cop, or you, they/you sure as hell are not going to take the time to figure out if it is on safe and weather or not you should shoot. A gun pointed at anyone is a threat...expect to be treated with deadly force in return.

The actions leading up to the encounter have all sorts of issues and red-flags, yes. But at the point where they entered the house and were met with deadly force, they returned deadly force as trained and as expected. It isn't clear if they announced their presense and identified themselves very well so that may be a point of contension.

Waiting around to see if a gun is on safe is going to get you killed. The fact that his firearm was on safe is a moot point. It's as dumb as saying it was off safe but the magazine wasn't loaded or a round wasn't chambered(if that woud have been the case)...there is NO WAY for the police to know that in a dynamic situation while looking down the barrel of a rifle.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Actually, somewhere I read a report from the lead man in the SWAT team, stating Guerena was holding his AR muzzle toward the floor when they broke in. They looked at each other, Guerena started to raise the rifle, the officer opened fire.

Of course this comes from the same agency that claimed the police shields were riddled with bullets, and a lot of other crap, so take it with a grain of salt the size of something really large.

Whatever. I don't care whether he was pointing a weapon at them. Reports show clearly he didn't know he was facing police, who failed to identify themselves properly, did not give him time to wake and reach the door before initiating violence. The warrant was unjustified and all 'evidence' perfectly legal. Serving the warrant was done in a way that maximized violence rather than avoiding it. They could've knocked on the door and waited. They could've stopped him in the street, or while he was walking home from his car. They could have done this in any number of ways besides playing soldier. The way I see it, the police created the situation therefore the police are responsible for murder.

That said.. I'm not at all surprised to read this news..

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Serving the warrant was done in a way that maximized violence rather than avoiding it. They could've knocked on the door and waited. They could've stopped him in the street, or while he was walking home from his car. They could have done this in any number of ways besides playing soldier. The way I see it, the police created the situation therefore the police are responsible for murder.

I agree COMPLETELY with the part above. The best thing to do would have been to pick him up on his way to/from work.

The whole raid was unnecessary...cops playing commando with tragic outcomes.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Actually, somewhere I read a report from the lead man in the SWAT team, stating Guerena was holding his AR muzzle toward the floor when they broke in. They looked at each other, Guerena started to raise the rifle, the officer opened fire.

Of course this comes from the same agency that claimed the police shields were riddled with bullets, and a lot of other crap, so take it with a grain of salt the size of something really large.

Whatever. I don't care whether he was pointing a weapon at them. Reports show clearly he didn't know he was facing police, who failed to identify themselves properly, did not give him time to wake and reach the door before initiating violence. The warrant was unjustified and all 'evidence' perfectly legal. Serving the warrant was done in a way that maximized violence rather than avoiding it. They could've knocked on the door and waited. They could've stopped him in the street, or while he was walking home from his car. They could have done this in any number of ways besides playing soldier. The way I see it, the police created the situation therefore the police are responsible for murder.

That said.. I'm not at all surprised to read this news..

well done.

tumblr_lgq2saVne91qzsyre.gif

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I am not completely up to speed on the warrant issues. I see many things wrong with this encounter and everything leading up to the point where bullets started flying, including the way they entered, # of shots fired and the # of times this guy was hit.

the point is they were in HIS HOUSE!!! they did NOT properly identify themselves before they started shooting and they sucked at everything they even attempted there. then they left him to bleed out and refused him medical care. I PROMISE you that if someone enters my house uninvited the weapon WILL NOT be on safe.

Top Bottom