Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    This is the point!

BREN-TEN.com Website

Vltor Weapon Systems introduces a Bren Ten Style Pistol

Vltor’s Weblog

Here is some 10mm hunting stories

10mm hunt

Don’t forget that there were a lot of 10mm firearms produced, they are still around.

A Thompson Contender is a good choice, and they have old production and new aftermarket production barrels in 10mm available.

TCbarrels

Here is some info on the Thompson Contender from the Bren-Ten page.

Thompson Contender

Here is a list of 10mm firearms, 8 of which are in production, and now include the aforementioned Bren-Ten brings the total of 9 current production 10mm firearms.

10mm-gun

Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How could this be true?? This is taken from the link 10mm hunt

I am now in a moral and ethical dilemma do I pester the bear or run the risk of people getting hurt. I yell at the bear and throw a log at his backside. He runs a few feet away then turns and runs straight at me. I hold my ground as I have been false charged before but none the less draw down with my Glock 20 10mm he gets about 10 feet away and stops then stands up. After standing he put his ears back and started walking straight at me. I fired twice (double tap) and he dropped instantly. The Bear skinned out at 6.3" square and weighed in at approximatly 500 lbs.

After calming myself down and making sure that the bear is actually dead I call in the State Troopers. We skinned the blackie and to my amazement both shots penetrated through the back of the bears skull. The first shot (presumably) passed through the skull and lodged in the left lung. The second shot passed through the skull and fragmented. One fragment lodged in the shoulder area and the other clipped its spinal cord.

How could the shots penetrate through the back of the skull if he was walking straight at him??? I can't buy this story.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think he's saying the bullet passed from the front allthe way through the back as in it passed clean through.

Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Don't think so He said The first shot (presumably) passed through the skull and lodged in the left lung. The second shot passed through the skull and fragmented. One fragment lodged in the shoulder area and the other clipped its spinal cord. If he was coming straight at him if would have exited out the back.:dunno:

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    I agree, some of this does not gel.

Remember most people after an encounter, such as this, don't remember everything just right.

I do not necessarily doubt the story, just the accounting of it.

Maybe the bear dropped to all fours as he shot.

I have no intentions to debate the validity of hunting with a 10mm based on the questionable accounting of one person’s story.

There are plenty of successful 10mm hunts including those by Ted Nugent.

There are also plenty of unsuccessful hunts with many other “legal” cartridges.

Many of the legal rounds are varying in power, some are more and some are less powerful than the 10mm.

This is the reason that there are those who wish to include the 10mm. It is every bit as powerful as a 41 magnum being that it reaches the 700-840 ft lbs E rang, this out classes the “legal” .357 magnum. It also exhibits an extremely flat trajectory.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I would love to see it to be legal. Lord knows it is more than powerful enough. They make plenty of hunting loads for the purpose to hunt med. size game.

blownz28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Greensburg
    Rofl, I am looking at buying a glock 10 mm and found this thread. I actually read it all and by gawd, that guy is an idiot. Made absolutely no sense at all.

I admire the guys with the logic, and you really tried hard, but I've always been told," argue with a fool, and the onlookers won't be able to tell the two of ya apart".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think the guy is right. We should pester dnr to add 10mm. We don't have near enough caliber choices already. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Cater to special interest groups even more? Why sure!

All those in a same sex marriage can run whatever rifle/handgun cartridge they want in the regular sporting deer season.

Imaginary problem solver of the highest efficiency, I should run for freakin' office!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think hookeyes' post was pointing that we have plenty of other choices of guns. We don't need another Special round like the relatively obscure 10mm. It is much farther down the list of rounds that should be approved instead.

Top Bottom