• Total voters

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm running for office.

I'll keep my platform simple; any federal agency whose existence is not clearly mandated by the constitution will be eliminated at the federal level. Any monies budgeted for those agencies will be returned to the states. Anyone suggesting the creation of a new agency not clearly mandated by the constitution will be tarred and feathered.

Won't that necessitate the positions of Tar Czar & Feather Czar?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Got any Captain Tightpants?

I know you like the "stern" look...

sl_mal.jpg

images

images

images

Oh, and he's my age, you know (5 months difference)... and I've been told I kinda look like him... :naughty:

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Vote for Rambone

Rambone's Platform

Economy: I would look to deregulate the economy to every extent possible. I would remove taxes and unnecessary government forms and fees. I would remove licensure requirements in practically every field. I would abolish all forms of wage controls and price controls, and decentralize the economy.

Taxes: I only favor constitutionally mandated taxes. Property taxes are my least favorite tax, I would seek to abolish them, since they make "owners" into de facto "renters." Consumption taxes are more favorable forms of taxation. The progressive income tax system needs to be abolished.

Spending: The size of government is unconstitutional and unsustainable. Given our level of debt we are faced with the reality that we must have drastic reductions in size of government. Government should be forced to shrink in size by 10% each year for the next 9 years. Welfare, subsidies, foreign "nation building" will all cease.

Military: The last 2 presidents have declared this war to be over. I favor extracting American troops home from the middle east. Military draft is unconstitutional and I will vocally make this known. Military servicemen will no longer be forced to take unknown injections and vaccines; they will be given by request only.

Trade: Trade should be free and mutually beneficial between the US and any nation. Embargoes will be lifted except in times of war.

Property/Individual Rights: I believe arbitrary bans on inanimate objects all should be lifted. They all give way to massive government agencies, unconstitutional excuses to search us and infringe on our liberty and property rights, invade our personal privacy and security, and accelerate the growing police state. All bans on arbitrary drinks, smokes, pills, substances, guns, knives, light bulbs, unpasturized milk, etc, should be abolished.

Health Care: I would offer you free market solutions to health care. Government would be removed from the equation in every possible application. Needless to say, I would repeal Obamacare. I reject all "mandatory" vaccination laws & subsidies.

Education: The Department of Education should be eliminated. If the states choose to form their own public school system, it is within their power to do so. If they do not it should be a free market matter.

Abortion: Abortion should not be a Federal issue whatsoever. Roe v Wade should never have been heard by the US SCOTUS. It should be a state issue or not an issue at all. No tax dollars should go toward funding aborions in any way. I believe minors should not be able to have life-altering surgeries without their parents' consent.

Last edited:

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Ok, I'm going to through a wrench in here.

What is the candidates stance on:

#1 Abortion
    #2 Drugs (in particular, marijuana, meth and coke)

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

#1 Abortion
    Abortion needs to be understood as two separate acts: terminating a pregnancy, and terminating a life. One of these acts should be perfectly legal, and the other should not. Other countries already have laws in place requiring fetal viability to be protected if at all possible, and we can surely do at least that much. A more in-depth discussion of this view can be found here: Surly Curmudgeon: Thoughts on Abortion

Drug policy is completely broken. All laws against possession or use of substances should be immediately repealed, and we should instead focus on enforcing standards of behavior regardless of what substance one might be influenced by.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm running for office.

I'm not a politician, so I will most likely only be in for one term.

Since I'll only be in for one term and will vote on principle, I will have very little power, except my vote. I will be unlikely to be on any committees, or be asked to co-author any legislation. Nothing I author will make it to the floor, because I won't play the game of favors that will make it happen. Nor will I tackle the social side of the equation that might give me a fast track.

What I will do is vote for what I think is right. That means I will vote against any measure that takes any money from the private sector. I'll vote against all new taxes.

I'll vote against all new laws and all new regulations. If such a vote ever comes up, I'll vote to repeal any law that takes any freedom from anyone, no matter how small.

I will oppose any government action that does not meet two criteria:

1. It must be an enumerated power of the government.
    2. It must be aimed at preventing the initiation of force.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Can I run on Fletch's ticket? Maybe be a Czar or something?

My additions:
    Marriage: not the government's business. Stop all licensing and all benefits.

Welfare: not the government's business. Charitable organizations can do a MUCH better job. Phase out all welfare programs and their associated taxes. Let citizens donate where they feel it is needed. I'm on the fence about the truly destitute, though. Maybe let local governments (city or townships) run local programs (more direct citizen oversight).

Taxes: Move to a flat/fair tax system, and possibly consumption/use taxes (sales tax). NO property taxes (you can actually OWN something), and no taxes on vices (gambling, booze, smoking) or earnings (income, dividends, inheritance).

#1 Abortion

Abortion - Not a Federal issue. Fletch's comments on "viability" closely match my own personal feelings, though I do lean a bit more towards pro-choice.

Drugs - Possession and personal use (by adults) is not a crime. Sale is not a crime. Sale to a minor and sale of an "unsafe" (eg: cut with something more dangerous that the drug itself) drug is a crime. Sale of "home-brew" drugs are a crime, but you are welcome to snort whatever you make yourself. Actions performed while under the influence are treated as if done intentionally (eg: murder vs. manslaughter), as you are responsible for putting yourself in that state.

My :twocents:

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    To anyone running for office I would offer one piece of advise. The first thing you need to do is get a campaign manager from Chicago!!!!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ATM is running for office:

1. ATM will continue to refer to himself in the third person

2. Bacon.

4. Attention to detail

F. All of the above

:rockwoot:Do it.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

#1 Abortion

1. Against abortion unless it is an extreme case where:
    a. Mothers life is at risk (verified by doctor)
    b. Rape victim
    c. Child molestation

2. I personally don't USE drugs, but I don't care if grown adults want to use them. Want a way to get the country out of debt? Tax Marijuana. I would keep the same 18+ age limit for the purchase of Marijuana.

I have a hard time saying that I would legalize meth and coke, but I also don't have all the information on the subject. I have seen what meth can do to people, and it's not pretty. For NOW I'll say that I would like to keep these drugs off of the street, but I would take time to research the matter.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Why would you want to tax any future product? We're already WAY overtaxed with very little return as it is.

The way I see it, the government needs taxes to function. The people have to be willing to pay for infrastructure and so on. There needs to be an equal percentage taxation for everyone. AND NO LOOPHOLES. I'm sorry, but tax loopholes for all sorts of stupid things annoys me. Pick a % and that's what EVERYONE pays. End of story.

Now the idiotic SPENDING of the tax money, well that's gotta go. Eliminate all sorts of useless programs, and just use what's needed to keep the country strong, safe, and running.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    2. I personally don't USE drugs, but I don't care if grown adults want to use them. Want a way to get the country out of debt? Tax Marijuana. I would keep the same 18+ age limit for the purchase of Marijuana.

That kind of mentality gave birth to our beloved BATF.

The way I see it, the government needs taxes to function. The people have to be willing to pay for infrastructure and so on. There needs to be an equal percentage taxation for everyone.

Sales tax, maybe. Not an additional "sin tax" on particular products.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    NordicHeathenVinlander

1). All illegal Aliens, Anchor baby/family will be deported back to Country of Origin. 1b). The Army will be placed on the border, a Wall will be built. A complete halt to all Immigration except on a case by case basis, and NO MORE gutter trash, for the future. Immigrants must offer something to be an American citizens, or show through dedication, that they desire to be an Citizen.
    Being an American Citizen will mean something akin to honor, glory, greatness, as it once did. It will not mean slavery, cowardice, lazy as it does.

2). Department of Education, Home Land Security will be dismantled; Education will be a private affair. I would allow the country to vote on a reward system. Better, more intelligent students Teachers can push out, higher raise/bonus.
    A test similar to the ASVAB will be given, to help determine the truly gifted, from the average and poor; In which better students will not be held back by the others, and where the not so bright, can be given the opportunity to learn viable skills to earn a keep, so they dont need to revert to crime.

3). The war as being fought will be discontinued, All troops will be brought home, except for the secret squirels; This war is a specialized war, that needs specialized attention (IMO). This however, will be voted on, by the public... Stay, and we will no longer play hearts and minds, the warfare will be very mongolish, Otherwise, we'll leave hearts and minds to the guys who know what they're doing.

4). ObamaCare is repealed. However, something will be done to make Healthcare affordable to ALL. No execuse why this great Nation cannot take care of our sick. (State by State issue)

5). I will approach the Dynasty banks as Jackson did; The People should control they're money, not foreign entities.

6). I will be tough on Crime. No more Free medical, no more Free entertainment, no more free food. You will earn your way, and essentially "pay society back" Prision will be set up to not allow violent, drug, and white color crimes to be housed. Convicted rapist, murders, child molesters will recieve an automatic death sentence. The glorification of jailbirds will cease when they are entered into Forced Slavery as payment back to society.

7). On Guns, it will become mandatory that all men and women of age carry, felons will be restricted pending crimes, restriction on psychological basis will also be in effect. No more permits, no more liscense.

8). English will be the official language, foreign languages encouraged.

9). No more affirmative Action, job hire will be based on merit - alone.

10). Term limits will be set so Judges cannot serve for life, Senators etc Judges will need to be elected and no longer appointed.

11). The Constition will no longer be open upto intrepetation; This Nation will be placed on track with the Founders desires; All reverse of Laws, amendments will be made to ensure this occurs. We will observe they're words to lead us.

12). Abortion will not be funded by tax dollars; Americans are not going to pay for the murder of innocent victims; An Abortion will incur that the individuals, both man and women do not wish to procreate and therefore will be required to get fixed themselves. BE RESPONSIBLE.

13). Drugs, Keep it to yourself, do as you please. I'd prefer natural than man made, anyday.

14). American Business will be fined if they choose to export jobs to other nations, and they're imports will be limited. The Chinese made crap will be restricted, Americans will learn to make our own, again. The establishment of Fair trade.

15). No more big Govt; Big Govt will cease to control to the State. If one is more liberal, then it will become that way by Vote, vs one which retains traditional values

Additional points:

1). AIPAC will be voided. And on that count, Not a single penny (From tax paying Americans) will ever be given to a foreign Govt.

2). I will abolish the Income Tax, and IRS. America will establish a Flat tax.

3). Change Campeign Finance laws; Outlawing Special interest/PACs.

4). Repeal the Patriot Act

5). Create a channel, which will reflect American family values. That will help influence kids to pursue a heathy lifestyle, and teach the values of Honor, Courage, Intelligence, and chivalry. The current desire in the entertainment industry to push the sexually deranged/perverted. America deserves the chance to have better values be given.

6). Membership to the U.N. And NATO will be voided. AMERICA FIRST!!!

7). While Islam will not be outlawed... If they wish to reside in America, they will not bring a single peice of they're filthy culture with them. That means they will dress like Americans and no special or preferred treatment given (towls on the head, masks etc).

8). Hate crime laws will be discontinued. Every crime by nature is based on hatred, or so the argument could be made. Im not about to allow a victim to think she/or he is any less than another victim.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom