• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here are mine. Both sadly neglected for several years. :(

Washburn acoustic electric 12 string and Fender flat top acoustic. The 12 string is my favorite. I've always loved the sound of a 12 string.

Qxgz66U.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    tenor.gif

I've been working on a version of "Change the World" by Clapton. Friggin half dimished chord is a killer!

Good tune! Although I think I like Alvin Lee and 10 Years After's version better (different song of course - "I'd Love to Change the World"). ;)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Good tune! Although I think I like Alvin Lee and 10 Years After's version better (different song of course - "I'd Love to Change the World"). ;)

I haven't listened to them in a long time. I'm gonna add that song after I get this one far enough along. It would be a great segue.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Collings So Co model back when they had real brazilian fingerboards. Custom voiced Lollars just for this model and they are SWEET.

Here's a sound clip of Buddy Whittington (John Mayall's lead guitarist for a decade) playing it at the Slippery Noodle through an low serial number Dr Z MAZ38 and a Analogman KoT:

https://vimeo.com/26244672

RaIKo0k
    RaIKo0k
    RaIKo0k.jpg

Here's Buddy playing his Vintage Strat on stage with Clapton and Mick Taylor at Mayall's 70th birthday bash:

<a href="https://youtu.be/gn-FTeY3-7Y" target="_blank">[video=youtube_share;gn-FTeY3-7Y]https://youtu.be/gn-FTeY3-7Y[/video]

Here's me not doing my Collings much justice at a local hangout:

Forum software won't let me start it at 2:10 so here: https://youtu.be/ssZPm2uxhAw?t=130
    [video=youtube_share;ssZPm2uxhAw]https://youtu.be/ssZPm2uxhAw?t=130[/video]

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Cleaner tones here: [video=youtube_share;boUv_FH2b74]https://youtu.be/boUv_FH2b74[/video]

I haven't played in a while. Tendinitis/arthritis slowing my hands down too much.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    My 15yr old wants me to teach her acoustic. It would be a little difficult for her to put my hump back Ovation in lap for a beginner, so I ordered her a Taylor GS mini Mahogany. Gave me a good excuse to buy another guitar

Reactions: Leo

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'll see if I can scrape up pictures later. I have a 2000 Stratocaster with aquaflake green finish. For its 21st birthday I got it a set of Lace Sensors to try out. Then there's a black Peavey Predator for noodling I got for about $80 because "it wouldn't stay in tune" I love finding someone that doesn't know what he's doing. There's the MIM 5 string J-bass, and a make-your-eyes-bleed orange Squier P-bass that I'm turning into a real player.

I do the repairs, mods, and setups, all the way up to making a full sbe. I'm not really up to opening for business because I have such a mess remaining. The guitar playing stuff is among the last parts of my brain to come back online.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    My 15yr old wants me to teach her acoustic. It would be a little difficult for her to put my hump back Ovation in lap for a beginner, so I ordered her a Taylor GS mini Mahogany. Gave me a good excuse to buy another guitar

My GS mini Mahogany came in. Nice little acoustic. This thing sounds amazing for a small unit. It almost sounds like a full sized guitar. Big sound. Nice mids and decent lows. Since it's Mahogany the highs don't wash out the mids like on spruce top, but yet it's still bright and sparkly with plenty of punch. I'm really digging it.

2020-04-24_06-25-13 by Nyle Sullivan, on Flickr
    2020-04-24_06-25-03 by Nyle Sullivan, on Flickr

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Um, I might have a few laying around

:faint:

My GS mini Mahogany came in. Nice little acoustic. This thing sounds amazing for a small unit. It almost sounds like a full sized guitar. Big sound. Nice mids and decent lows. Since it's Mahogany the highs don't wash out the mids like on spruce top, but yet it's still bright and sparkly with plenty of punch. I'm really digging it.

2020-04-24_06-25-13 by Nyle Sullivan, on Flickr
    2020-04-24_06-25-03 by Nyle Sullivan, on Flickr

Very nice! I've heard good things about Taylor. I really need to start playing again... *sigh*

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    This is my first Taylor. Couple of my friends have Taylors and I've played them some. What I've noticed is Taylors have a fast neck and are super playable. And the notes are very responsive

Reactions: Leo

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just went to look at some guitars today just to get an idea, a feel for a starter. My dad has some nice ones, a really nice Taylor he plays a bit, and some older ones that he's restored.

I was looking at a Yamaha today at guitar center, still doing some research and probably commit to something in the next week or so.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Just went to look at some guitars today just to get an idea, a feel for a starter. My dad has some nice ones, a really nice Taylor he plays a bit, and some older ones that he's restored.

I was looking at a Yamaha today at guitar center, still doing some research and probably commit to something in the next week or so.

What kind of budget?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Z

I've got a Ratliff R5 mandolin made in 1996, a inexpensive Morgan Monroe F5 and have got a Loar 600 VS being shipped to me today...

The pic at the house is from Saturday night....Rioters were 1.5 miles from the shop so I thought I might have to make a run out is the reason the weapons are out...

EZBwbkUX0AITXzr

EZT7fHgXQAAXYcz

2Q==

Last edited:
    Top Bottom