Libs mad. Biden isn't extending student loan forbearance, nothing happening with loan forgiveness.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Pay your debts, you whiny libtard pricks!

Welcome to politics. Us responsible, liberty minded-folks have been dealing with this crap for decades. Repugnantcans promising pro-gun actions to get elected, then doing nothing even when they hold the presidency and both houses of Congress. Then introducing legislation that has no chance of passing because they've lost at least one of the three in a later election.

Welcome to the rice fields, MFers!

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    They've learned this sense of entitlement from someone, somewhere.
    My guess would be this problem started at home with their parents and was reinforced throughout their education.
    Now with no parents or teachers to wet nurse these spoiled babies, this is what society is left with.
    Quit feeding them and maybe they'll go away.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The cost of going to college is insanely and prohibitively high. Being in debt for the next few decades of your life is rough. But…you agreed to it. You knew the deal when you signed up.

Part of the problem is Biden made comments during his campaign regarding student loan debt. Not only is he not extending the temporary hold, but he’s not forgiving anything either. He lied to you.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Some advocate for abolishing the central state.
    If you're talking about the federal government, I don't agree. It does serve a necessary purpose. I would like to see its power severely restricted back to Constitutional levels. The states could do it, if they were still the United States, but too many have grabbed hold of one of those federal teats, and they can't let go as long as the milk is flowing.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If you're talking about the federal government, I don't agree. It does serve a necessary purpose. I would like to see its power severely restricted back to Constitutional levels. The states could do it, if they were still the United States, but too many have grabbed hold of one of those federal teats, and they can't let go as long as the milk is flowing.

I am, and we are free to disagree....at least for now. See my note re: a mastectomy.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    The cost of going to college is insanely and prohibitively high. Being in debt for the next few decades of your life is rough. But…you agreed to it. You knew the deal when you signed up.

Part of the problem is Biden made comments during his campaign regarding student loan debt. Not only is he not extending the temporary hold, but he’s not forgiving anything either. He lied to you.
    The cost of a college education is expensive because of the federal government. They guarantee loans for degrees that will NEVER generate an income level to pay them off, and they created laws that will never allow a person to relieve the debts through bankruptcy.

Lenders make insane low-risk loans that can't be eliminated, and colleges raise their rates and create unprofitable degrees. Idiots abound, so they choose degree paths that lead to personal satisfaction, but no real income potential.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I am, and we are free to disagree....at least for now. See my note re: a mastectomy.
    I agree that states shoud divest themselves from the federal government teat, but there are some functions that only the federal govenment can serve.

National defense, obvioisly. Federal prisons for interstate crimes with dubious jurisdictions. National treasures, like parks and other significant natural, cultural, scientific, or historic areas, fine.

Then there are things that the government started, still taxes, and gives block grants to the states to execute. These are the things that should be eliminated. Things like highway funds. Thanks for creating the interstate highway system, but continuing to suck federal tax dollars from individual citizens and distribute them according to political whims is wrong. The states would not eliminate their highways if the federal governmant was removed from the equation. There's too much commerce involved. Imagine if the federal government was stripped of their ability to collect and disburse highway funds! Indiana's state taxes would go to maintaining OUR OWN roads, without a large portion of it being sucked up into some federal organization that collects it, that uses A LOT of it for its own operating expenses, and then distributes it to wherever THEY think it needs to go to.

Would you run your household like that?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I agree that states shoud divest themselves from the federal government teat, but there are some functions that only the federal govenment can serve.

National defense, obvioisly. Federal prisons for interstate crimes with dubious jurisdictions. National treasures, like parks and other significant natural, cultural, scientific, or historic areas, fine.

Then there are things that the government started, still taxes, and gives block grants to the states to execute. These are the things that should be eliminated. Things like highway funds. Thanks for creating the interstate highway system, but continuing to suck federal tax dollars from individual citizens and distribute them according to political whims is wrong. The states would not eliminate their highways if the federal governmant was removed from the equation. There's too much commerce involved. Imagine if the federal government was stripped of their ability to collect and disburse highway funds! Indiana's state taxes would go to maintaining OUR OWN roads, without a large portion of it being sucked up into some federal organization that collects it, that uses A LOT of it for its own operating expenses, and then distributes it to wherever THEY think it needs to go to.

Would you run your household like that?

I would not run my household with anyperson or anyparty that has a long history of breaching agreements, rules, laws and contracts.

Central state can go straight back to its spawning ground.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Also, I'm sure that not many of you know this, but "Welfare", or as it is called now, "Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)" is funded by block grants from the federal government. The fed taxes us, then runs it through fedgov employees, sucking up a significant portion of it in operating expenses, then sends it to the state to distribute to mostly useless people. Any state can tell them they don't want the money, and they're not going to disburse the money. Of course, the state would have to eliminate government employees too. Imagine if that happened here. Imagine we had someone with the will to tell fedgov to f off. Imagine the convoys of people travelling to other states. How fun would that be? Seeing the rats running out.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Back to the original topic of this thread, people are piling on Joe the schmuck, saying he broke his campaign promise to help people who have student loans. Aren't those same people advocating that they should also be allowed to break their promise to pay back their loans? Poopy Pants Joe made a campaign promise, which is worth exactly jack and what uncontollably fills his pants several times a day. Did they really think that what he said during his campaign was going to happen?

Again, welcome to the rice fields, MFer.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I signed a contract for a land mortgage.

Do I get to push that off on to others as well?

****ing ***holes.
    Just curious, because I'm shopping for a house and some land now, what is a "land mortgage"? I''ve heard of it, but I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just curious, because I'm shopping for a house and some land now, what is a "land mortgage"? I''ve heard of it, but I'm not exactly sure what it is.

Top Bottom