• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have to say that I really enjoy coming on here and reading the posts. Some of them are definately not things I agree with but I still enjoy the read and enjoy seeing debates pointing out things on both sides of arguements I may not have though of myself. However, I must also say that seeing threads deleted because the powers that be don't agree with the topic or beliefs is totally over the line and is no different than censorship in my opinion. One response was that they got tired of banning people so they deleted the threads. If you are tired of banning people then don't be a moderator. That's your job!!! Deleting threads you don't agree with and taking away the civil peoples' rights to discuss topics is total B.S. IMHO. I know the mods will disagree but this is my opinion.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    lol @ civil rights on a privately owned website....Do you feel you own the content you typed once you hit submit too? lolz.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Can you please outline our duties as moderators on this site? Let's start there.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If you don't like posts being deleted, perhaps you should ask yourself why they were deleted. Were you bragging about general asshattery? Were you pushing the reasonable limits of the site TOU? Were you praising your supreme power? Perhaps you should look at your thread, and figure it out...

Nobody begs anyone to stay if they are unhappy, but they will force you to leave for being a douche.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I understand the OP's sentiment. However, this is not a democratic forum.
    It is more like a benevolent dictatorship - Learn it, live it, love it or leave it.
    BTW: I dont' want the OP to leave it. Just stating the truth as I see it.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    yoda_ibtl.jpg

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    This is a privately owned forum. If Fenway decides he doesn't want, for example, Christians and Atheists starting Holy wars on his GUN forum, that's what he chooses and one can accept it or move on. This is a forum for gun owning residents of Indiana and surrounding areas to come and discuss guns and gun related issues, that is all it is, and all it needs to be.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    lol @ civil rights on a privately owned website....Do you feel you own the content you typed once you hit submit too? lolz.

He said nothing about civil rights. Only the right to discuss if you behave in a civil manner. I disagree with the OP, though. If a topic is so incendiary that joining the discussion is likely to be bannable, why let the thread linger?

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    My comments werent the ones deleted. The whole thread was deleted. I am not here to argue about it. I posted my opinion on it. I'm not asking anyone to like or agree with me as that doesn't matter. Private owned forum or not.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is a privately owned forum. If Fenway decides he doesn't want, for example, Christians and Atheists starting Holy wars on his GUN forum, that's what he chooses and one can accept it or move on. This is a forum for gun owning residents of Indiana and surrounding areas to come and discuss guns and gun related issues, that is all it is, and all it needs to be.
    The thread deleted was related to guns.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    He said nothing about civil rights. Only the right to discuss if you behave in a civil manner. I disagree with the OP, though. If a topic is so incendiary that joining the discussion is likely to be bannable, why let the thread linger?
    We are adults & we should show some control, the OP said his opinion & that's his right,;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom