Not open for further replies.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    The thread deleted was related to guns.
    Ok. I was unsure what your complaint was related to so i used the most common fight starting topic I have seen on this forum, just as an example. But it is still Fenway's and Fenway's chosen few's private playground.

Hope you choose to stick around, some of us are going to start a kick ball tourney. ;)

:ingo:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can you please outline our duties as moderators on this site? Let's start there.

I agree with the OP, I think you are doing a very bad job as a moderator! :noway:

Your duties are simple, and im glad we can remind them to you:
    1) Provide INGO menbers with women (or men, whatever they want).
    2) Provide the bacon!
    3) Provide us with FREE ammo all year around.

Come on man, do your job or quit! :):

You did nothing of that so far, you must be too bust dealing with threads like that.

And im not even talking about the pony you said I would get once im badged out. :(
    Where is the damn pony dude? :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Nobody begs anyone to stay if they are unhappy, but they will force you to leave for being a douche.

T can I use that in the future? ;)

OP-- I think the problem here is your perception. You seem to mistakenly believe that this is a public or government run website, and therefore subject to such ideas as free speech or civil rights. It is not. It is a privately owned, operated, and funded website, and the Moderators are unpaid volunteers.

We want you to have an enjoyable time here, so we've outlined the rules for you when you registered, and have them in place to read at any time by clicking the links in my signature. We've defined them as much as practicality will allow, given that we aren't lawyers (well, at least not ALL of us ;)).

By outlining the rules in advance we give the power to you, the member. You have the power to agree to them, or the power to disagree with them and find other avenues of entertainment. The choice is yours, and our feelings won't be hurt if you find our offerings to be unacceptable.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    T can I use that in the future? ;)

OP-- I think the problem here is your perception. You seem to mistakenly believe that this is a public or government run website, and therefore subject to such ideas as free speech or civil rights. It is not. It is a privately owned, operated, and funded website, and the Moderators are unpaid volunteers.

We want you to have an enjoyable time here, so we've outlined the rules for you when you registered, and have them in place to read at any time by clicking the links in my signature. We've defined them as much as practicality will allow, given that we aren't lawyers (well, at least not ALL of us ;)).

By outlining the rules in advance we give the power to you, the member. You have the power to agree to them, or the power to disagree with them and find other avenues of entertainment. The choice is yours, and our feelings won't be hurt if you find our offerings to be unacceptable.
    Let me explain. I didn't take a shot at anyone. I didn't ask for anyone to agree or like what I had to say. I posted my opinion and that is that. I don't care who owns the forum, that doesn't matter to me. I just stated how I felt about a decision. That's all. No personal attacks, no insults, just disagree with it. If you disagree with me, great that's your right. Just as it is mine to disagree. I just say deal with the douchbags and let the rest of us discuss what we will manners. That is all.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've seen many threads disappear and I trust that the moderators had a good reason for doing so. There are rules that we follow and if we don't, it's a violation.
    Language, Sex, Discrimination, Sex, Threats, Sex, Religion, Sex, etc...

In fact, Most threads that I post in, do eventually get deleted.

HEY - Wait a Minute - :xmad:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Let me explain. I didn't take a shot at anyone. I didn't ask for anyone to agree or like what I had to say. I posted my opinion and that is that. I don't care who owns the forum, that doesn't matter to me. I just stated how I felt about a decision. That's all. No personal attacks, no insults, just disagree with it. If you disagree with me, great that's your right. Just as it is mine to disagree. I just say deal with the douchbags and let the rest of us discuss what we will manners. That is all.

In electronic communication, things can be taken the wrong way when not properly explained. I take it, I've outlined the main point of your thread. If so, I would say, this is what we try to do; however, that discussion was carried out in four different threads. The last one had two members posting quotes from other forums in an effort to "educate" INGO members. Also, the main point of those threads changed from a gun-education outing to that of race, which is discouraged on INGO. We temp-banned some members and perma-banned a couple and decided as a staff to remove the thread since it had become so heated.

I'm sorry you disagree, but your are definitely entitled to your opinion. In this instance, the staff disagrees with you, though.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've seen many threads disappear and I trust that the moderators had a good reason for doing so. There are rules that we follow and if we don't, it's a violation.
    Language, Sex, Discrimination, Sex, Threats, Sex, Religion, Sex, etc...

In fact, Most threads that I post in, do eventually get deleted.

HEY - Wait a Minute - :xmad:
    So then you're the cause for threads to be deleted:laugh:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I just say deal with the douchbags and let the rest of us discuss what we will manners. That is all.

I'm not trying to pick here, but if I recall this is the second thread you've started where you're not looking to "let the rest of us discuss what we will manners." (I think if I can decipher that) you're simply starting a thread to state your opinion, not discuss it.

It's not a discussion, debate, or even argument if you state an opinion and then defend it or rebut other comments with a "deal with it, that's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it" type comment.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I didn't take a shot at anyone.

I must've totally misunderstood when you said:

totally over the line and is no different than censorship
    If you are tired of banning people then don't be a moderator. That's your job!!!
    Deleting threads you don't agree with and taking away the civil peoples' rights to discuss topics is total B.S.

For a minute it sounded like you were telling us what our job is as Moderators, and that you should be protected from "censorship", and that the way we choose to run things is "total BS".

I get the disagreement, and that's fine. But realize that we try very hard to do the right thing and make the right decisions here. If you see an entire thread removed, especially one that was treading close to the line of acceptability, its only after much discussion that action is taken. We have a very cohesive Mod Team, but we all come from varying backgrounds with different perspectives. We take many things into consideration in these cases-- including things like outsider perception, media networking, and .gov oversight. Its not always as simple as "is this gun related or not?"

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I agree with the OP, I think you are doing a very bad job as a moderator! :noway:

Your duties are simple, and im glad we can remind them to you:
    1) Provide INGO menbers with women (or men, whatever they want).
    2) Provide the bacon!
    3) Provide us with FREE ammo all year around.

Come on man, do your job or quit! :):

You did nothing of that so far, you must be too bust dealing with threads like that.

And im not even talking about the pony you said I would get once im badged out. :(
    Where is the damn pony dude? :dunno:

Heck I am still waiting on the free steak dinner that Scutter promised me. Said it was in the mail... yeah right... he probably ate it, and is going to blame it on my mailman.

:ingo:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    It makes sense to remove offensive posts. Right or wrong it makes sense. Just because we don't agree with someone does not give us the right to attack them for their beliefs or characteristics they cannot control. In a way removing an offensive post is protecting the civil rights of one class while limiting the civil rights of the class acting aggressively.

If the mods felt the need to delete a thread my guess is that it the discussion was no longer civil & turning into an attack. Instead of being mad at the mods we should be mad at the jerks that made the deletion necessary because they couldn’t play nice.

Let’s just all agree that it is ok to disagree & go on.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It makes sense to remove offensive posts. Right or wrong it makes sense. Just because we don't agree with someone does not give us the right to attack them for their beliefs or characteristics they cannot control. In a way removing an offensive post is protecting the civil rights of one class while limiting the civil rights of the class acting aggressively.

If the mods felt the need to delete a thread my guess is that it the discussion was no longer civil & turning into an attack. Instead of being mad at the mods we should be mad at the jerks that made the deletion necessary because they couldn’t play nice.

Sorry ma'am, that's not the way it's done here.
    These threads are designed to "Put the Staff in their place". :laugh:
    It's kinda like when an LEO pulls you over to tell you that your tail light blinks when you hit a bump, and the first words out of your mouth are;
    "Why the Hell don't you stop real criminals you SOB".
    The end result is usually unpleasant for some of the whiners. :)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I completely agree with what Gungirl65 has said here. And NOT because she's a girl, but because she has long nails and that scares me. :nailbite:(scratchaphobia)

Mainly her take that -
    We don't always agree but should all agree that disagreeing is OK. :n00b:
    Now my head hurts.

Ok - It is because she's a girl. :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom