• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Great solution to the problem of Berdan primer removal! The video was well done. I would be interested in your process and materials you use for parkerizing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Great solution to the problem of Berdan primer removal! The video was well done. I would be interested in your process and materials you use for parkerizing.

Well, I'm flattered, but that's not my video. :): That's Iraqveteran8888. I'm not planning on parkerizing my die. It's pretty ingenious though! I haven't looked, but I'm hoping I didn't throw away my .308 decapping/sizing pin. I broke the tip off one and it will work perfectly if I still have it. I do have the universal decapping die though.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For the problem of containing spills from a reloading press, especially shotshell reloading, get an aluminum shallow cake pan and install it right under the press. Drill through it and slide the press mounting bolts right through it. A little bit of work with tin snips could make a custom spill catcher for a metallic cartridge press, like the original poster shows in his compact reloader stand. Works for me. Good Luck

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I'll have to keep your Harbor Freight tip in mind. I was looking around for a temporary solution for mounting my new (to me) press and looked around the garage for a spot. I thought, why not the side of the drill press? Know what? It works. The drill press is a very old Craftsman. Heavy as all get out. I can deprime/size and re-prime there. Go to my scale at another area downstairs where there is no wind or distractions to charge, then back up to seat the bullets. It will work for now and I am only doing < 50 at a time so......
    A more permanent solution will follow as I get a feel for things and make adjustments to this new hobby/activity.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I have a setup that fits inside a 3x4 crate. Hornady LNL and all its parts! I have it bolted to a 4x6 scrap wood and just use two quality C clamps to make a reloading bench out of any table i need! If i want to reload at the cabin, a friends, ect all i have to do is bring my crate. I will add pics next time i bring it out to set up and of take down!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I figured I'd show my photos since I followed Chezuki's example with this bench.
    I put a 30" 2x6 on it and it works well for some small bench space -- after some drilling on my part. I could have used a 2x8, but this works well. For this setup, I just needed to drill appropriately (wood, stand) and then some 3 1/2 x 5/16 bolts with washers to make it tight. I'm sure a 3" bolt with fewer washers would work well also. I have an 8" section of 2x6 if I ever need to make it ultra small, but for now this works well.
    I added a couple of weights to the bench, in the middle shelf, for stability.
    I wanted this to be small, and affordable... and it is!
    20140529_100431_zpscdn4wz8d.jpg

20140529_100418_zpsi09fqjui.jpg

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I have a setup that fits inside a 3x4 crate. Hornady LNL and all its parts! I have it bolted to a 4x6 scrap wood and just use two quality C clamps to make a reloading bench out of any table i need! If i want to reload at the cabin, a friends, ect all i have to do is bring my crate. I will add pics next time i bring it out to set up and of take down!
    I am interested in your crate photos. I had considered this crating storage concept myself.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Subscribing since I just signed a new lease to stay in my apartment for another year and I still haven't set up the press Santa brought me for Christmas.

BTW, nice Dillion. I was going to mention new curtains too, but Jackson beat me to it.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I took some CPVC pipe and made some tubes to fill with cases. I glued a cap on one end and then added a pin on the other end. I used it kind of like the primer tubes for filling the primer tube on the machine. I made it just the right length to fill the clear tube on the machine. had about 8-10 tubes to fill so once they were full I didn't have to drop them in the tube one by one. I bought a budget reloader case feeder for $180 so I quit using them. I now have a Dillon case feeder and Mr bullet feeder on my 650 that I bought from Profire.

I have the budget reloader for sale if anybody needs one. $100 plus shipping unless you can wait a week or so when I will be passing through Indy.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I took some CPVC pipe and made some tubes to fill with cases. I glued a cap on one end and then added a pin on the other end. I used it kind of like the primer tubes for filling the primer tube on the machine. I made it just the right length to fill the clear tube on the machine. had about 8-10 tubes to fill so once they were full I didn't have to drop them in the tube one by one. I bought a budget reloader case feeder for $180 so I quit using them. I now have a Dillon case feeder and Mr bullet feeder on my 650 that I bought from Profire.

I have the budget reloader for sale if anybody needs one. $100 plus shipping unless you can wait a week or so when I will be passing through Indy.

How do you like the bullet feeder?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    How do you like the bullet feeder?

was a bit of a pain to set up but it was nice to be able to switch hands and just keep going. It will get you to sweating as you don't get much of a break except to stop to check the OAL and powder weights.

The down side is you lose the powder check.

It allows you some freedom to watch the press cycle to make sure the cases are dropping and not getting stuck and watch the powder in the case. I installed a led light to assist in looking in the case before the bullet goes on the case mouth.

It is only for 40 cal right now but I'm going to get the 9mm conversion for it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    was a bit of a pain to set up but it was nice to be able to switch hands and just keep going. It will get you to sweating as you don't get much of a break except to stop to check the OAL and powder weights.

The down side is you lose the powder check.

It allows you some freedom to watch the press cycle to make sure the cases are dropping and not getting stuck and watch the powder in the case. I installed a led light to assist in looking in the case before the bullet goes on the case mouth.

It is only for 40 cal right now but I'm going to get the 9mm conversion for it.

Couldn't you keep the powder check if you use a seat/crimp die in station 5?

Oh, and Jackson shouldn't have a problem. The 1050 has plenty of stations.

Top Bottom