• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Couldn't you keep the powder check if you use a seat/crimp die in station 5?

Oh, and Jackson shouldn't have a problem. The 1050 has plenty of stations.

I don't seat and crimp in the same station. I use 4 to seat only, then use five to factory crimp.

I'm so Jealous of Jackson and the 1050. The only down side is no warranty with the 1050 since it is a commercial unit.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Couldn't you keep the powder check if you use a seat/crimp die in station 5?

Oh, and Jackson shouldn't have a problem. The 1050 has plenty of stations.

I would still have to give something up. Currently my user-configurable stations are sizing/decapping, expansion/powder, powder check, seat, crimp. I have no open stations. Swaging and priming are essentially separate stations, but do not accept a die. So I would either have to give up the powder check, or seat and crimp in the same station.

While the powder check gives me a measure of good feelings, I am not sure I remember it saving me since we got going heavy.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would still have to give something up. Currently my user-configurable stations are sizing/decapping, expansion/powder, powder check, seat, crimp. I have no open stations. Swaging and priming are essentially separate stations, but do not accept a die. So I would either have to give up the powder check, or seat and crimp in the same station.

While the powder check gives me a measure of good feelings, I am not sure I remember it saving me since we got going heavy.

The Dillon will almost never give you a double charge due to the design of the powder drop. The issue of no powder is also hard to do unless you run the hopper dry or stop midstroke.

I was having issues with my cases not dropping at the pivot point. this would cause a blank spot in the shell plate. When the empty spot gets to the powder check the alarms beeps letting you know not enough powder is there to lift the rod. With it going off all the time and basically crying wolf I almost got to the point of not paying attention to it. Kind of like the cashiers at the grocery store hearing the beep as they scan the items.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I finally have the space to setup a more permanent reloading area. It's still a work in progress, but the press is mounted and functional.

Now that I no longer need it, I'd like to offer up my limited space "bench" to someone who can use it.

If you are a looking to get started reloading but afraid you don't have the space, shoot me a PM.

Free to a good home:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    When I used to live in an apartment, I had a setup similar to that. I made the mistake of putting my shotshell press on it. You know, spilled #9 shot is almost impossible to vacuum out of a carpet.

I mounted my MEC shotshell reloader inside a old aluminum cake pan to contain any stray shot. I am trying to post pics, but am having some difficulty. But it works very well to keep the shot out of the carpet.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    142yioy.jpg

Here is the pic. Just mount your press into something like this to contain primers or shot or whatever.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    This is my rifle reloading setup. Including Long Range precision ammo.

Dang! You are doing a lot with a little space, that is for sure! I would go crazy working in that little area, but that is me. My organization borders on OCD, or so my wife tells me, and I need things neat and organized or I can't think clearly.

You can get more done that most of us with half the space! That's awesome!

Gyro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    My first limited area reloading bench was on a Black and Decker Workmate that I bought at a garage sale. With a few modifications it worked great for me when i lived in an apartment.

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    IMG_20160407_200328.jpg
    My initial living room setup from last April. I have recently added a 2nd small table as I will be educating myself on the
    intricacies of .223/300 BO reloading on a Lee single stage. Have yet to settle on a decent powder for supersonic loads.

Top Bottom