List of alternatives to Walmart, Kroger ect, ect.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I pull my shirt over my gun but the muzzle still sticks out a bit. What does that count as?

This is me. I don't intentionally uncover but it happens occasionally. I take that back, I did uncover intentionally one night when I stopped for gas in an area that I would typically avoid during the daylight hours. A couple of the locals were sitting on some pallets of mulch speaking loud enough for me to hear that they were referencing my presence on their turf. When they had pumped themselves up enough to unseat themselves and start walking towards me I stretched enough to "un-conceal" the .45 semi auto under my shirt. I guess they must have realized they had mistaken me for someone else since they turned and left so abruptly.:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is me. I don't intentionally uncover but it happens occasionally. I take that back, I did uncover intentionally one night when I stopped for gas in an area that I would typically avoid during the daylight hours. A couple of the locals were sitting on some pallets of mulch speaking loud enough for me to hear that they were referencing my presence on their turf. When they had pumped themselves up enough to unseat themselves and start walking towards me I stretched enough to "un-conceal" the .45 semi auto under my shirt. I guess they must have realized they had mistaken me for someone else since they turned and left so abruptly.:rockwoot:

Do this on your turf and you are Racist.

Just saying.....:cool:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've seen reports say about 2% of the population carries and of that, less than 1% do on a daily basis. With how many people say OC is bad because CC has a "tactical advantage" and it is ingrained into them, I'd be willing to bet, less than 0.0001% actually OC.
    It's rare enough that we have a thread who's entire topic is where we've seen OC. It's exceedingly rare.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Kroger said please don’t open carry. Is that really enough to boycott them? I don’t think so

Yeah, boycotting for OC alone comes across a lot like

oZYrTEv.gif

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Thanks, mostly Grocerys but could be anything knowing the wife.
    I think businesses should stay out of the political fray altogether, it's a lose, lose proposition for them and everyone else.

I'm with you there. They are seemingly afraid of the flash mobs. The whole situation has put a damper on my shopping, or shall I say the wifes goings.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Unless they post a no guns sign prominently at the entrance, all they can do is ask nicely. They have no legal recourse if the answer is no.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I concealed carry, and if there's a business with a no weapons policy that has something I need, I concealed carry in it anyway.
    Never had a problem, and if they notice and ask me to leave, I'll just leave.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We're going to be out of places to shop really fast...

While I despise businesses imposing social, political, and CYA policies on me I feel like boycotting them is a bit like tailgating the car that just cut you off or pulled out in front of you to teach them a lesson. Is there any business that has reversed its firearm fear policies?

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    We're going to be out of places to shop really fast...

While I despise businesses imposing social, political, and CYA policies on me I feel like boycotting them is a bit like tailgating the car that just cut you off or pulled out in front of you to teach them a lesson. Is there any business that has reversed its firearm fear policies?
    Aldi did.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    If you mean they used to allow OC, then yes they reversed their policy. They've jumped on the CC-only bandwagon too.

They used to ban carry all together, then reversed their decision after a man defended himself from two thugs in Milwaukee.

Aldi customer won't be charged in shooting

Wisconsin's First CCW Self-Defense Shooting - Wisconsin Gun Owners, Inc. (WGO) - Wisconsin's Only No-Compromise Gun Lobby - Wisconsin Gun Rights - Wisconsin Concealed Carry : Wisconsin Gun Owners, Inc. (WGO) ? Wisconsin's Only No-Compromise Gun Lobby

But now I see they are back on the list...

https://www.wthr.com/article/meijer-aldi-ask-customers-not-openly-carry-guns-stores :xmad:

Top Bottom