List of alternatives to Walmart, Kroger ect, ect.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Ah, I didn't realize that! That was about the time I started carrying, but I wasn't going to Aldi then.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That article is painful:

Walmart said last week it would stop selling handgun and short-barrel rifle ammunition
    What is short barrel rifle ammo?

Meijer said in a tweet "The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority, so we respectfully request that our customers do not open carry firearms at Meijer."
    At ALDI, the safety of our employees, customers and the community is our highest priority. Alongside many other businesses, we are asking that our customers refrain from openly displaying firearms in any of our stores
    Because hiding the firearm makes things so much safer.

We’ve made this decision because open carry can create an environment that makes our customers and team members feel unsafe
    Well at least they told the truth, guns are scary...

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Peapod and Amazon Delivery.

Aldi, Meijer, and your local independant grocer.

Super Target, Whole Foods and others have long been anti-freedom, but if the point is to pull business away from the likes of WalMart, they are options.

I’ve been boycotting Target for about 2 years ever since they have allowed perps to go into the sanctity of women’s dressing rooms & bathrooms where my wife & daughter are. Besides the article below, there have been many, many reported incidents & some arrests.
    Why is Target being so stupid?!?!

What was Target thinking when it proudly announced to the world in April 2016 that it allows men to use women’s restrooms and changing areas in its stores? Certainly not that voyeurs and predators are looking for places where they can victimize women and children, otherwise, the retailer would have never made such a perilous business decision.Just days after that announcement, the American Family Association initiated #BoycottTarget, a movement that has brought together American families who have said “enough is enough.” More than 1.5 million people have signed the boycott pledge, vowing not to shop at Target until the company reverses its politically correct but potentially dangerous policy. These families—and AFA’s boycott—have had a significant effect on both Target’s foot traffic and sales.
    As millions are doing their back-to-school shopping, AFA continues to remind families that shopping at Target just isn’t worth the risk. Even though Target continues to be unapologetic, the #BoycottTarget efforts are having impact. But beyond the financial implications for the company, this is an important cultural issue, and Target chose to make itself the example by issuing a proactive statement on its not only controversial but alienating policy.”

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    As an experiment, I just did my Krogering with my grip uncovered. It's still IWB, and I once had a guy at Lowe's ask me if it was a camera, so I'm not sure it's as scary as full open carry, but I wanted to see if any of their employees thought they were being paid enough to dig themselves out of the hole they'd be digging themselves into if they called me on it. Apparently none of them did.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As an experiment, I just did my Krogering with my grip uncovered. It's still IWB, and I once had a guy at Lowe's ask me if it was a camera, so I'm not sure it's as scary as full open carry, but I wanted to see if any of their employees thought they were being paid enough to dig themselves out of the hole they'd be digging themselves into if they called me on it. Apparently none of them did.

I went to Kroger and Aldi this afternoon. I covered (technically) my OWB with my tank top, but it's pretty obvious that I was carrying. Not a peep.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I went to Kroger and Aldi this afternoon. I covered (technically) my OWB with my tank top, but it's pretty obvious that I was carrying. Not a peep.

Whoa! Hold on. Open carry, concealed carry, no carry . . . all valid choices. But . . . a tank top? NO!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm glad I wasn't the one to have to bring up the tank top thing. :n00b:

I may be wearing one now, but I wouldn't leave the house with one on.

Hopefully DoggyDaddy doesn't have man boobs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The name isn't the issue! Unless you're on a basketball team, you should never be wearing one! :p

T-shirts are too hot in the summer, and believe me, nobody wants to see me naked! :):

I'm glad I wasn't the one to have to bring up the tank top thing. :n00b:

I may be wearing one now, but I wouldn't leave the house with one on.

Hopefully DoggyDaddy doesn't have man boobs.

Unless I'm going to work or for a job interview or other special occasion, I'm gonna be comfortable, and don't really care what others think of my fashion sense. And also, see my reply to Rhino. And no, I don't have man boobs. But if I did, a tube top wouldn't give me the option to CC. Heck, even [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] most halter tops aren't long enough to cover OWB. :):

Top Bottom