• ...and so much more!
  • chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yep!

Is George Perkins still around? I used to see him at the 1500 and talk with him occasionally at his shop but I haven't in a while and I notice he isn't mentioned in this thread so.......?

He is indeed still around! Just had dinner with him this evening..he is my wifes grandfather:) A great gunsmith and an even better guy!
    Jeremy

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Can anyone suggest a good gunsmith near porter county who works on AR-15s? Mine has a serious feeding problem (after the first 10 rounds every other round jams) and im out of ideas to fix it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Driving home from my parents I took a different route and stumbled across what looked like a gunsmith/gun business on SR 32 East of Perrysville in Fountain county (Way West part of the state just south of interstate 74). This looked like it used to be an old school building purchased by a private individual. It was closed at the time and the sign said something about blueing.
    I'm too curious not to ask my fellow INGO'ers. (go,go, gadget INGO...)

FULLMAGAZINE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Blueing.

Is the man who does blueing, and stock refinishing in his Peru shop still on this site? Thanks. Full M.

b j

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    south side of indy
    Iam looking for someone to cut a dovetail for a front sight on my 45? Back some years there was a smith who would put you on his list and call you the day before to bring it in there was a 1 or 2 day turn around that way. Iam in greenwood.

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Jerry McClellan

Jerry McClellan
    Tactical Weapons & Supply
    2303 Indianapolis Road
    Crawfordsville, IN 47933
    765-361-1242

Jerry has re-blued three rifles for me and done a great job!

LEO IN TRAINING

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    wheatfield, indiana
    Its not D&D Weapons Works, its D&D Weapons Worst

I can personally say do not take anything there.....He has had 2 handguns of mine for over a year...and get the run around about when they will be back....you get hung up with on the phone when you try to ask specific questions about where they are at, when they will be back.....Looks like its about time for me to get my attorney involved in the case.....You have someone do work for you with the attention of having it done right, but in this case you just get screwed by people in the long run.....Like i said in my posting, DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    New guy here. I would like to give a favorable plug to Shogun in Monon, IN.

Not only did he do a top notch job bedding both of my Savage rifles in their B&C stocks, he even color matched the compound to each stock.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    royce gun repair
    431 ivy tech drive
    madison, in 47250
    812-273-2369

Jim Royce did me right on finding a knurled ejector rod knob for a '68 model Colt Trooper that I had tried to find for 6 mo. Installed it correctly so it would not disappear again. Very reasonable. Hours are a little different...

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Picked up this guys card at Gun World and Sporting Goods & Archery Pro Shop in Corydon, IN. The folks at Gun World says he is good. Also gave me the name and number to another smithie. Both are in Corydon

Jim Hiner
    Gunsmithing
    Corydon, IN
    Sop: 812-738-3825
    Cell: 812-972-8994

Royalty Gunsmith
    Corydon, IN
    Phone: 812-952-2848

Top Bottom